Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
OP Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Dionysus:
Its funny to me that you got the paper route to save money for a new tranny... yet, here you are thinking of ways to give your Aspire more oomph that will probably involve spending money. laugh You think that same way I do!
Well, today I spent some money getting all my door dings out (paintless dent repair), and I'm already looking at ordering new springs for the Contour. As for the Aspire, most of that stuff will be one-off and homemade. I'm really going for a low-budget fun car that I can still drive during the week. So what if everyone laughs at me? At least I'm having fun, right? laugh

BTW, the only thing I'm spending a bit of money on for the Aspire is a 2.5" exhaust and muffler of some sort. The stock 1/4" piping is sorta restrictive, ya know? :p Besides, the loudness of the motor will make it feel faster! laugh

1998 Contour Sport V6, Black
*Cold air induction
*Powdercoated intake manifold (more powdercoating coming soon)
*Blue headlights, foggies, and signals (no reflectors)
*CEG stickers & removed door moldings
--------------------------------
1994 Ford Aspire 4-door, looks like a big egg
*64 hp 4-cyl
*5 speed
*"13 steel rims with go-cart tires
*74 mph top speed
*I'm going to auto-x the thing (but not compete)
J
J
With the 2.5" exhaust, you should be able to pass any emissions tests this beasty might need to take. You can just bottle everything up inside the pipe while they sniff the exhaust, given all the extra volume laugh

TB
Mandrel Bent Pipe will hold more exhaust gasses

Tony Boner
Personal: 98cdw27@charter.net Work: tony.boner@sun.com
Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru http://www.sun.com
1998 Contour SVT Pre-E1 618/6535 Born On Date: 4/30/1997
Now with Aussie Bar induced mild oversteer.
P
P
run a 3" straight pipe at an angle so u have side exiting exaust, then whip up some sort of CAI with some PVC pipe through the hood, OH YEAH

So a 100 shot of NOS is out of the question?

-Pete

Every time I come online I wonder if the forums will be up
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard