Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
I
Actually, I love being rejected because I learned so much from it. I cant believe that some of you guys would apologize to this girl for coming on to her strong. :rolleyes:

The first thing I would think from a girls point of view is that you are a real sucker! And some girls thrive on this because these are the dudes that pay for their nails and shopping sprees at Gucci, while they are at my house receiving their daily dose of you know what and giving me your money. :p

This is true to the fact, so dont take it with a grain of salt Ed.

99 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
Mystery Car??????
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Icey Mike:
Actually, I love being rejected because I learned so much from it. I cant believe that some of you guys would apologize to this girl for coming on to her strong. :rolleyes:

The first thing I would think from a girls point of view is that you are a real sucker! And some girls thrive on this because these are the dudes that pay for their nails and shopping sprees at Gucci, while they are at my house receiving their daily dose of you know what and giving me your money. :p

This is true to the fact, so dont take it with a grain of salt Ed.
IMHO these aren't women you are dealing with here, they are immature girls who have a warped view of life and what we are here for, and they are searching just as desperately for real love and affection as everyone else is, thinking that sex is going to get them what they are looking for. Either that or they are manipulative in nature, and devoid of any real ability to experience love. Yeah, the physical satisfaction you are getting out of it all might seem worth it, but sooner or later it won't be, trust me.

Gotta go hit the gym now...later guys! smile

Regards,

Craig J. Baldwin

99 SVT Contour - Silver - #49/2760

"To make a living is to get, to make a life is to give." - Winston Churchill
W
W
Well, I am not throwing in the towel,,,but I am not taking any of these chicks to the nice restaurants i like to take them once in awhile,,,,Its Pizza parlor dating from now on, baby!

He's chaaarging!!!...(add scottish accent)...
C
C
You could pray for guidance....... eek

.....ooh, maybe not......HE might be mad at you yet....

laugh

"My Name is Richard. I am a Contouraholic."
1999 SE Sport Duratec ATX Spruce Green; Drop--In K&N Filter; VentShades;
Fog Lamp Fix Mod & PIAA510s with Bumper Braces & Stock Type aiming screw mod;
PIAA 9006 Super White Headlamps
AIWA CDC-MP3 HU; WeatherTech Mats
Viper 600ESP w/Remote entry
S
S
EdwardC,
First a quick question if you don't mind.. how old are you?

Now a few quick things I am younger than you but if anyone has blown it/been rejected more times, its got to be me heh heh heh.

On a date, don't seem to "available" you know what I mean?
Don't talk to much about work, just a little.
Make sure you probe around and find out what she is interested in, the less you talk about yourself the less chance you have to look like an as*...
Never bring up Ex's!!!! (First date rule)
Be funny!!

Easy stuff, never get to deep.

I know this sounds too simple but I used to over analyze everything, keeping it simple works better.
If its there, its there.. if its not its not.
IF not, be friends.. who knows she might have hot friends who she will hook you up with.. worked for me lots of times

Ryan

98 V6 Lots-o-mods SOLD
88 Daytona Shelby Z TII (The beast)
87 Daytona Shelby Z TII (Holy 20 psi of boost batman!)
Mods- 3" Downpipe, Hi-Flow cat, 3" mandrel bent exhaust with Dynomax Ultra flow. Manual boost controller, TurboXS blowoff, 5th injector, large canister wastegate, Nitrous Express go-fast-be-happy kit, ported exhaust manifold, ported intake manifold, upgraded motormounts, eibach springs, strut tower brace. Oh and 20 PSI to boot.. my oh my...
S
S
At least she didn't screw your best friend before filing for divorce! (ask me about my ex-wife - I dare you!) Keep your perspective, Ed. Women aren't something that can be resolved or figured out. That assumes that they're simple and rational.

I'd offer lots of advice, but Andy W. seems to have hit the nail on the head. The best ones show up when you're not looking. It's almost like they have "guy on the prowl" radar. They know when we're looking...and they avoid us.

Trust me on this: Better no relationship than a bad relationship. I wish I had taken that advice on more than one ocassion.

Sidewinder: 1999 SVT
Thud: 1998 SE V-6
Edgecrusher: 1998 Mercury Mountaineer, 5.0L
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by infuryum:
couldnt resist, too perfect, women suck.
mines still keeping me happy for now but in general they suck.

-Speed Demon- Matt
Black 2000 Contour SE Sport (duratec/atx)
got body mods?
all show, better than stock go smile
"I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid"
speddmn.com
A
A
Sorry man,

That is kind of rough. No one wants to feel like a charity case...kind of freakish on her part.

A couple of pointers:

1) If a girl wants to pay for her 1/2 of the meal, and you don't let her, she may interpret that as you are conservative (not as in old-fashioned gentleman, but as in like you will be asking where your Turkey Pot Pie is someday when she is Mrs. EdwardC and you come charging in from work).

I always offer to pay and if she insists, I gratiutiously accept, but then counter with drinks/dessert on me, etc.

2) People love honesty, and they also like stability. Sometimes honest emotions of the strong variety early on in a relationship (e.g. 1st date!) can be interpreted as instability. Just something to think about.

Good luck next time!

Andrew
99 SVT
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Contouraholic:
You could pray for guidance....... eek

.....ooh, maybe not......HE might be mad at you yet....

laugh
...or look for a woman at church.... lol laugh

It's surprising how someone can seem so intellectual in thought, yet be so immature in emotion. One minute you are devoid of emotion and logic rules your universe, and the next you are swooning over some woman as if she were the last. Did you really think that this woman was "it"? How much contact did you have with her? Come on, Ed. I might be coming off a little harsh, but think about it.

(Oh, and I do think you scared her away.)

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
H
H
Edward C.

I am sorry that things did not work out for you, I really am.

But, I have to agree with Sandman....judging from what you described in your posts, I think that you came on too strong.

Though I disagree with many of your viewpoints, I sincerely hope that you find a life partner who is worthy of you. Don't give up yet. smile

-----------------------
2000 Ford Contour SE
Toreador Red
4cyl. / ATX.
(no mods..can't afford to void warranty)
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard