Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
My best friend just bought an SER spec-V for his wife, but i haven't driven it yet (waiting for him to get past the break in miles laugh ). But, just over 1 year ago, i bought a Protege5 for the family, and i think it is great. Sure, it could use power, but it was for my wife, so i wasn't worried about it. But we use it wherever we go and we love it.

By the way, we bought our Protege5 when it first hit the lots for just over 18K, with moonroof, ABS, side airbags, etc. Unless you don't care for the wagon, i don't see why you can't also look for a P5 for around the same price. They're exactly the same, only i have a little bit more room, and the cool body kit.

99 SVT Contour
02 Protege5
M
OP Offline
M
I love the Protege5, she HATES the wagon aspect of it....*sigh*

Rachel, I am guessing you have a 5-speed? Michelle needs an Auto frown

1998 SVT Contour E1, Black
2001 Honda SuperHawk VTR1000F
"I bent my Wookie"
www.mamisano.com
R
R
or you could also pick up one of those REALLY cool MP3's smile lol

yea mine is a 5 speed.. but in stop and go traffic an automatic transmission would be sooooo helpful!!

btw did I mention I love the cruise control on it lol smile

~!Rach!~
2002 emerald green Protege ES
dont hate b/c im a troll Im a 'tour girl at heart!!
S
S
Check this site.... Mazda forums

My girlfriend has a P5 and I love it.

R
R
Quote:
Originally posted by Shaun G:
Check this site.... Mazda forums

My girlfriend has a P5 and I love it.
I vist protegeclub.com quite frequently smile try to learn new stuff about my car from time to time...

~!Rach!~
2002 emerald green Protege ES
dont hate b/c im a troll Im a 'tour girl at heart!!
B
B
I sold my 99 protege lx to buy my SVT. I liked it, it was loaded with a MTX. It was peppy but not fast, it handles OK. I paid 17.5 for my SVT when I got it (2000 with 16K miles) from a dealer.

There is no comparison in luxury, comfort, performance, looks between my SVT and my Protege, the SVT wins in all categories by a longshot. Just my .02.

2000 CSVT #1172 of 2150
Toreador Red...Birthday -> 1/4/2000
*Indiglo Gauges
*Drop in K&N
*Sylvania SilverStar Highs in Lows
*Fog light Fix
*Pioneer Premier P730
*Sound by Audiobahn
*White HVAC Panel
*Security via Ungo MS2007
*Elky Mesh Mod
G
G
Wait till fall and you can have a Madza Speed Protege. Its superchrged or turboed. I forget. Bet find the wait list and get on it.

98.5 Contour SVT totally stock...for now.

-Talk about high performance...I have a K&N Oil Filter....AND a K&N Air Filter!
S
S
Get the Protege... bar none the best small car. True, you're a tad short in the pony department, but driving it, it feels like more on the butt dyno...

mamisano, take the roof rack off, and it loses a lot of wagonness (I personally wish it had been an option, but it is completely removable, even with fillers for the roof).

You can pillage an enemy once, but a customer is an endless resource.

James Oerichbauer - PFPC Global Fund Services

Ross: 1998 E0 SVT Contour, Toreador Red, Konis, Superchip, KKM w/heat shield, SHO-shop y-pipe and rear strut brace, no res, ScotchCal, Moda Sport 16x7.5 wheels with 205/55ZR16 Dayton Dayton tires... more
J
J
My wife and I got an '02 LX last fall. Great little car. Handles like a dream. I kinda wish we got the ES because of the 4 wheel discs and bigger wheels, but the LX was a better deal for us at the time (14k fully loaded MTX and Dplan) Anyway I would highly recomend the Mazda, I haven't driven the Sentra but according to the articles I've read it's much more refined then the Sentra or Focus. Now it is lacking in the horsepower dept, but the thing handles like it's on rails, (much better then my tour anyway)

96 Contour GL
2.5 ATX
02 Mazda Protege LX
2.0 MTX
S
S
Get the Protege. I have a 1990 Protege LX and if I were to be buying a new car now, it would be a Protege. It has been a great auto-x car and a blast to shame higher hp cars on entrance ramps. Since I now have a Miata to compare it with, I can say it is very much a FWD Miata in its handling capabilities. It still keeps all the oil on the inside of the motor and runs to fuel cutoff everyday. laugh

Respectfully,
Andy Hohl

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard