Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
Administrator
Administrator
O
Quote:
Originally posted by Mushu:
[QUOTE] So I guess we need to find Matt a wife? laugh
I don't think Matt's wife and kids would like it so much if we found him another wife!!! laugh

I think growing up and maturing is a constant process, and having the ability to swallow your pride and ask for forgiveness shows great signs of maturity.

I think we have a good number of "younger" CEG'ers who carry themselves well and are a good example to others, which is highly commendable.

=) Christy

01 Outback Limited Wagon with all the goodies
I also get to drive my hubby's 95 SE!!!
S
S
well well... should i step in and say my 2?

okay...

well first off, you dont have to so much as earn your respect from other people... the way I see it is that I am goin to take you as one of the best people in the world, until you screw up. If you are just there, and do nothing wrong, I am goin to respect you from the beginning, and if you still do nothing wrong, and actually build on that, then you will earn looaaads of respect, and eventually maturity...

two, at fifteen, everyone seems mature, trust me I have been there and done that, and believe it or not, I had to learn that in a split second, not over time like most people, cause if you didnt know, I am a Marine, so i had to grow up really quick, and even quicker yet becuase I am now an NCO of marines, and I am not even 21 yet... So just swallow, and swallow hard, cause trust me, and take this as a first lesson learned, and know that there are sooo many more coming to ya!!

have a nice life!! we all do!

'95 Tour LX
ZETEC MTX
TOO MANY MODS TO LIST ANYMORE!!
http://www.geocities.com/marine113

Best mod ever to my tour: A Beautiful passenger seat filler, that is my Beautiful Girl!!
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Outback Gal:

I think growing up and maturing is a constant process, and having the ability to swallow your pride and ask for forgiveness shows great signs of maturity.
=) Christy
I think maturing also gives us the ability not to attack a 15 year old kid that doesn't know any better at this point in his life.

F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by dnewma04:
I think maturing also gives us the ability not to attack a 15 year old kid that doesn't know any better at this point in his life.
confused
you say this and yet you say:

Quote:
i will post that i hate you in every post you ever make for the rest of your life.

i hate you. you suck.

wow, this is so much fun.

yawn
and also:
Quote:
moonlight mystique,

i hate you forever for making a mistake and not peeing your pants, all the cool kids pee their pants. you are not cool and you didn't go away, so like all the cool people who did pee their pants, i will be forced to hate you.

have a nice day.
should we assume there is sarcasm in those last 2 quotes??
confused

Kim
2001 Mercury Cougar C2
1995 Contour GL
Quote: Originally posted by shotwell:
Yeah, I keep checking too. I'm afraid that just as the site goes down my car will burst into flames or something (knocking rapidly on wood)!
D
D
Vast amounts.

O
Administrator
Administrator
O
Quote:
[QUOTE]I think maturing also gives us the ability not to attack a 15 year old kid that doesn't know any better at this point in his life.
I agree. I think the more you "browbeat", the more it makes someone defensive and the less likely he is to take what we have said to heart. I think that we have all given him loads of good advice and when he is mature enough, he will ask for forgiveness. Until then, we should leave it alone because essentially by attacking him, we are doing the same thing to him that we called him on doing to Lance...even if it is done with sarcasm.

-Christy

01 Outback Limited Wagon with all the goodies
I also get to drive my hubby's 95 SE!!!
R
R
I don't think you have to earn respect on this site.

For the most part, every new member is given the benefit of the doubt and starts with 100% respect from everyone.

Then that number can dwindle as that new member illustrates why they should not receive that respect from others.

Kharma is very real and she is one mean b!tch.
M
M
Has anyone else noticed that this kid is modding and bragging about a Mystique that he CAN'T DRIVE because he's FIFTEEN??? just an observation.

but seriously- i've seen some of your posts, there's nothing too bad, but criticizing Lance is stepping over the line. He runs the site, he owns the site, he can do with the site what he likes. If people don't like it, they leave. If you want to leave, leave. If you want to stay, take the abuse that people give you, or else apologize to Lance and let bygones be bygones. We don't forgive and forget if you refuse to apologize. No matter how mature or immature you may be, even toddlers know how to say "I'm sorry"

98.5 SVT E1, Silver Frost
5083 / 6535 born 3/18/98
Removed Resonator, K&N Filter
Complete audio system mods
Painted Interior & Calipers, Xenon bulbs
ON THE WAY: B&M, Aussie Bar, DMD
-------------------------------------
1964 Olds Cutlass F-85
Convertible
98 SE Black, Deceased
M
M
Has anyone else noticed that this kid is modding and bragging about a Mystique that he CAN'T DRIVE because he's FIFTEEN??? just an observation.

but seriously- i've seen some of your posts, there's nothing too bad, but criticizing Lance is stepping over the line. He runs the site, he owns the site, he can do with the site what he likes. If people don't like it, they leave. If you want to leave, leave. If you want to stay, take the abuse that people give you, or else apologize to Lance and let bygones be bygones. We don't forgive and forget if you refuse to apologize. No matter how mature or immature you may be, even toddlers know how to say "I'm sorry"

98.5 SVT E1, Silver Frost
5083 / 6535 born 3/18/98
Removed Resonator, K&N Filter
Complete audio system mods
Painted Interior & Calipers, Xenon bulbs
ON THE WAY: B&M, Aussie Bar, DMD
1964 Olds Cutlass F-85
Convertible
98 SE Black, Deceased
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by mbSVT:
Yes, I have noticed this. I bought my first car at 14 Y.O. You better believe that if the internet was around, I would be bragging about it, even if I could only drive it around the yard.
Quote:
but criticizing Lance is stepping over the line
I can't honestly disagree more with this . Not only should we criticize Lance, it is our obligation. We make this site a community, not Brian, Chris, Lance. If we see something wrong with what's going on we need to tell someone or question it. I don't agree with the method that moonlight used by posting in a public forum, nor do I agree with him never making apologies, but I have no problem with criticizing "The Boss."

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard