#337899 07/24/02 01:02 AM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by PA 3L SVT:
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlight Mystique:
[b]Watch it with the teenagers junk...
Or what, you're going to call Lance a bunch of names and then threaten to leave but not hold to your promise?[/b]
LOL No kidding. I wish some people would actually do as they say...

Silver E1
I'm afraid Speed Demon has given me the mod bug.
AIM: Davo7Wins
#337900 07/24/02 01:13 AM
M
M
"The CEG is different from other Forums, Contour people stick together" That has to be the biggest crock I have ever read

YOUNGEST CEG MEMBER smile
1995 Mystique LS V6 ATX, Moonlight Blue Clearcoat Metallic, Atlantis blue cloth. Fully loaded except leather, sunroof, and CD.

1990 Pontiac 6000 S/E AWD
Brilliant White with 2-tone Gray leather, fully loaded
#337901 07/24/02 01:21 AM
M
Online Content
M
Quote:
"The CEG is different from other Forums, Contour people stick together" That has to be the biggest crock I have ever read
You're giving me a headache, so shut up. If you're going to speak up, say something constructive. If you piss&moan all the time, you're going to get flak. Fair enough ??

I've been here ~20months and while I have had a couple of disagreements with folks, it's nothing a pm or e-mail didn't sort out. If you want to air your grievances on the boards, fair enough.....expect more of what you've got.

'98 Mystique LS V6 MTX

"Unprofessional driver, wide open course."
#9 - Hitting .400 for ever
"Wake up the damn Bambino; I'll drill him in the ass." -- Pedro Martinez
"The MTX75 was not designed to be a drag racing transmission" -- Terry Haines
#337902 07/24/02 01:38 AM
M
M
I am not the one who is putting this on the boards...I simply read a post, and post my reply (which has NOTHING to do with me) I stay ON TOPIC with the original post, then comes someone asking "I thought you left??" Then the fun begina, if you want to PM me, go ahead. Im back, Im here, if you dont like it? Good. Keep it to yourself, I couldnt care less. If you dont mind that Im back, good, it shows that your more mature and you can forgive and forget. But remember I am not the one who started this mess, I simply said that happened to Milan was not right, I SUPPORTED someone, and this is what I get?? I'm sorry, I didnt mean to start anything, I just that supporting someone when they are at a low point was a good thing. I guess next time some of you need support, I hope noone gives it to you. Then maybe you'll see that I meant well. Enough of this, just let it go. This topic was of someone getting a new truck, not of me coming back, are you guys going to ruin every topic that I post in??

1995 Mystique LS V6 ATX, Moonlight Blue Clearcoat Metallic, Atlantis blue cloth. Fully loaded except leather, sunroof, and CD.

#337903 07/24/02 01:44 AM
M
M
Oh, and DrGonzo, good luck with your new truck, you got a great deal smile

#337904 07/24/02 04:42 AM
D
DrGonzo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Davo7SVT:
Quote:
Originally posted by dnewma04:
[b]
I fully expected to see the anti-SUV contingent to pop up with some ridiculous comments. I'm relieved to see that nothing has changed since the last time an SUV was mentioned.
I'm not really all that anti-SUV. If you like 11mpg, a rollover during a 10mph turn, killing someone in an Aspire in a 5mph collision, then an SUV is all for you.

I had a 97 Jeep GC and that thing was awful. The gas gauge fell faster than the stock market. The only SUV I've ridden in and driven that I liked was my dad's ML. But that thing looks like a minivan with big wheels.

And like Matt said, the streets are filled with incoherent and incompetent soccer moms in Excursions and Suburbans that would kill any of us in little more than a fender bender.[/b]
So far, I am averaging 20.4 mpg according to the trip computer. This is in a mix of country roads, interstate, and city driving. I don't feel the need to drive the piss out of an SUV like I did the Contour, so I expect good mpg.

I have not felt threatend to flip in a 10 mph curve. But what the hell do people in Nebraska know about curves anyway? wink

Yeah, a lot of dumb soccer moms are driving SUVs. Kinda hard for me to be a mom, and soccer sucks.

Anyway, I am a driving enthusiast at heart, but needs change. I now have more room for the family, and I am not worried about getting stuck next time I am in the mountains and it snows two feet. When the money's right, I'll get a fun car again, but for now, needs are more important than wants.

And, sorry, our Contours are a lot of fun to drive, but they can't touch the sweet ass interior I am now enjoying!

Doug former owner of a 95 SE MTX
Now driving a Bravada, no more fun in the twisties!
DrGonzo767@aol.com
#337905 07/24/02 03:47 PM
D
D
Quote:
Oh, and DrGonzo, good luck with your new truck, you got a great deal smile
why are you being mean to hunter? it was a bad deal because it is an suv. do you hate everyone? i thought you only hate lance and his parents and people who work hard.

i hate you. you suck.

#337906 07/24/02 04:00 PM
S
S
I wish I could come across one with a deal like that, not that I would get rid of the tour, but with 2 teenagers both over 6' already and not done, the tour just isn't logical for a family car for us anymore. I want a Pontiac Montana and hubby wants either a Durango or a Bravada. At this point we are looking and shopping around for the best deal. Good luck with the Bravada and let us know how you like it in a couple of weeks.
Anna

95 Teal Se 5 spd,duratech, loaded(except moonroof) no mods.
#337907 07/24/02 05:42 PM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by DrGonzo:
So far, I am averaging 20.4 mpg according to the trip computer. This is in a mix of country roads, interstate, and city driving. I don't feel the need to drive the piss out of an SUV like I did the Contour, so I expect good mpg.

I have not felt threatend to flip in a 10 mph curve. But what the hell do people in Nebraska know about curves anyway? wink

Yeah, a lot of dumb soccer moms are driving SUVs. Kinda hard for me to be a mom, and soccer sucks.

Anyway, I am a driving enthusiast at heart, but needs change. I now have more room for the family, and I am not worried about getting stuck next time I am in the mountains and it snows two feet. When the money's right, I'll get a fun car again, but for now, needs are more important than wants.

And, sorry, our Contours are a lot of fun to drive, but they can't touch the sweet ass interior I am now enjoying!
Hey, we have a good bend in the interstate between here and Omaha.

If you're stuck in the mountains and it snows two feet, there is nothing the Bravada's going to do for you. Best to get a snowmobile.

Wow!! You talk your interior up so much you'd think there is a hand that comes out from under the seat with controls on the steering wheel.

Silver E1
I'm afraid Speed Demon has given me the mod bug.
AIM: Davo7Wins
#337908 07/25/02 04:42 AM
D
DrGonzo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Damn, CEG's goin going gone...

Just a way classier interior.

Chains work wonders. I have driven a Legacy Wagon in 26" of snow with chains. Helps to be used to it. That's what a few years living between Elkins and Canaan Valley WV will do for you.

Doug former owner of a 95 SE MTX
Now driving a Bravada, no more fun in the twisties!
DrGonzo767@aol.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard