Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Shaun G Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Just a heads up. The KLEZ has been making the rounds and you should all update your antivirus software.

My girl friend gets about 3 emails a day with it, and I just got one.

If you get any weird emails have delete them. Side on safety.

INFO

B
B
The Klez has been around for a while now. i would have to say about a month or 2. It is a pretty nasty virus if it is activatied. A good way to see if you have is start/run type msconfig go to startup and look for anything that has WINK*** in it. if you have something you have the klez

P
Master P
Master P
P
There's a lady at work that keeps getting infected. We run NAV Corporate Edition and it gets updated automatically about every week, but somehow, someway, she's complained three times about it. Maybe whoever's been out there before hasn't completely cleaned it. Going out tomorrow to take a look at it. Probably going to format the machine, mainly just to teach her a lesson about opening attachments.

S
Shaun G Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by lunchbox:
There's a lady at work that keeps getting infected. We run NAV Corporate Edition and it gets updated automatically about every week, but somehow, someway, she's complained three times about it. Maybe whoever's been out there before hasn't completely cleaned it. Going out tomorrow to take a look at it. Probably going to format the machine, mainly just to teach her a lesson about opening attachments.
She's probably getting from a hotmail or yahoo account.

M
M
One or 2 types of Klez variants have continuously changing codes that send different messages in the email as well as alter key parts of the virus so that it can continually evade virus protection. That's why its one of the scarier viruses out there. Although, its not a problem if you buy a Mac...............

btw- has anyone seen this new picture virus that can be embedded in a simple picture and if opened on your HD it can embed itself in other pictures then email the pictures to your friends? Its no longer just executables we have to worry about anymore!!!!

98.5 SVT E1, Silver Frost
5083 / 6535 born 3/18/98
Removed Resonator, K&N Filter
Complete audio system mods
Painted Interior & Calipers, Xenon bulbs
ON THE WAY: B&M, Aussie Bar, DMD
-------------------------------------
1964 Olds Cutlass F-85
Convertible
-------------------------------------
98 SE Black, Deceased
R
Ray Offline
R
How? How can a picture contain the code? Picturesdo not contain a header, or footer, which is why, if you only DL half the picture before getting booted, you can open it, and see HALF the picture. Whereas a program has a header/footer, so you need it ALL to work... You can't embed executable code in something that doesn't run a header, can you? I would love some info in this.. I have tried searching but can find nothing..

Please provide any links you can, so I can sleep tonight! lol

Ray

Check out my car!! (Profile Registry)

Have a Nextel two-way? check out my registry for my number!

Ray Haralson
Jacksonville, FL
s_r_haralson@sar.med.navy.mil
srh@texas.net

YIM: midnghtflm
AIM: midnghtflm

NEWEST MOD: a BEAUTIFUL girlfriend for my one and only passenger.
Q
qaz Offline
Q
Who the hell is gonna design a picture format that can contain executable code, or a picture viewer that would execute said code?

That is, besides Microsoft?

Brian

R
R
At the ISP I work at, I'm forever calling users because they have the Klez virus and it drives up the loads on the mail servers like mad. They have about 30-40mb of returned mail with attachments for just one user because of this virus. 30-40mb might not seem like much, but multiply that by thousands upon thousands of users and you can see what I mean. Not to mention the fact that it sends out mail so rapidly that we have big time mail latency!

L
Lee Offline
L
www.pandasoftware.com

It has caught every virus and cleaned it before the user ever opens their email. We've had over 200 Viruses in past 6 months, with 5 people in the office.

Lee Cox
In life begins responsability...
Project Car
S
S
Quote:
Systems Affected: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Me
Systems Not Affected: Macintosh, Unix, Linux
Once again I am not affected :p
At least at work Im not affected.

Nick
2000 Malibu LS
Mods: K&N, Jet-PCM
Lowered with Eibach's and on 18's,Clear Sidemarkers,Tinted all around, badgeless
Retired Vehicles: 98 Contour

Link Copied to Clipboard