Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
P
Here's an idea though, if they charged 50% less for windoze etc, maybe they would be able to get enough extra customers to make up for the price drop, DER :p

Every time I come online I wonder if the forums will be up
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by lunchbox:
Cure your Windows woes.
W3RD...

Andrew Morris
\'99 SE Zetec ATX
All of life's big problems include the words "indictment" or "inoperable." Everything else is small stuff.
N
N
hey, bill gates can kiss my ass. he ripped off apple, early on. now his pissed people are ripping him off. and if bill fooks up, he can lose lots of people. to other os's. like red hat, mandrake, winlinux, beos, freebsd. all of which can run most windows based programs. with emulators they have. they also have alot of features windows doesnt. i have 3 os's on my system now. mandrake, win 98se, and win xp home. only reason i use win xp is for the faster internet connection. and for those who say win xp is stable, i dotn think so i get the BSOD (blue screen of death) at least twice a week.

Experience is the worst teacher; it gives the test before presenting the lesson.
"You peel my onion down to the nun" - Gene Hackman [Under Suspicion]
-Walter-
96 Contour LX
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by IKnown:
MS sez (in private) that they charge so much just to offset the losses related to illegal redistribution they can't control i.e. India, China, Russia, etc...
if this is fair, you have to decide for yourself wink
That's quite the load of bull..

..Penalize all paying customers for other's illegal actions.

Shall wonders never cease.. :rolleyes: ..too bad this wasn't a public statement, woulda been SO funny!!

C
C
that's not a load of bull, that's basic business sense. There are things that determine the "cost" of a product beyond just thematerials. Do you guys really think it costs what you pay for half of the mods you put in like exhausts, differentials, engines, turbos? Of course not, your paying for the design work that went into making the product. Being someone who works in the software industry I can tell you piracy by casual home users is the least of MSFT problems. It is the piracy in the corporate world, particularly in the small to medium business sector (5-500 pcs) that hurts us all. those companies usually have poor IT staff or IT staff that is tech savvy but not familiar with Software licensing. If people are stealing your products off your shelves, one way you recoup is by charging more

L
Lee Offline
L
Quote:
Originally posted by Cappuccino911:
that's not a load of bull, that's basic business sense. There are things that determine the "cost" of a product beyond just thematerials. Do you guys really think it costs what you pay for half of the mods you put in like exhausts, differentials, engines, turbos? Of course not, your paying for the design work that went into making the product. Being someone who works in the software industry I can tell you piracy by casual home users is the least of MSFT problems. It is the piracy in the corporate world, particularly in the small to medium business sector (5-500 pcs) that hurts us all. those companies usually have poor IT staff or IT staff that is tech savvy but not familiar with Software licensing. If people are stealing your products off your shelves, one way you recoup is by charging more
He's right. I had to straighten out that mess when I got my current job. We've spent over a $1000 on copies of Win 2000 just to be in compliance. This doesn't include the previously purchased illegal(Not MS issue) versions of Office2000 and BackOffice Server...

Lee Cox
In life begins responsability...
Project Car
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard