Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J
I had one for 18 over last fall, in the minivan, manditory court appearance.

$90 for the lawyer and $75 for the fine. What was the outcome, 30 days probation, if no other moving violations, ticket doesn't go on my record.

I just consider it the periodic speed tax.

And $165 is a lot less than a day or two off work would cost me.

TB

Tony Boner
Personal: 98cdw27@charter.net Work: tony.boner@sun.com
Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru http://www.sun.com
1998 Contour SVT Pre-E1 618/6535 Born On Date: 4/30/1997
Now with Aussie Bar induced mild oversteer.
C
C
i know i live in MICH, and in most cases, if you have a clean record now and no other such tickets like this. ask them to put it on "advisement" or sort of a probation. this means that the ticket will stay off your record but if you get another. you will get both. i am going to wayne state for criminal justice and am actually going to become an officer one day smile so i know a little bit about it. plus, ive gotten out of my fair share of tickets.

im doin a 100 on the highway... so if you do the speed limit get the f*** out of my way.
P
P
68 in a 55? Sheesh around here they wouldn't even stop you for that.

I would suggest hiring a lawyer if you can afford one, I have gotten way too many speeding tickets and get the best results this way.

I just started a license suspension for having too many speeding violations, my insurance company still doesn't know about them, so you can take that with a grain of salt if you wish.

HTH
Pete

Every time I come online I wonder if the forums will be up
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Horse:
Also if you want to really be a dick- you could request to see the deputies FCC license to operate the radar gun- and the daily maintenence logs for such gun and the daily "tuning" tesat required before the begining of use for the day.
there are a lot of things that you can get a loop hole out of tickets- but the best way I know how to gewt out of a tivket is not to speed- having said this- (the above helped me once or twice)
Unless you get me as the ticketing officer, as I have all of that with me (keep it in my work bag). I wouldn't have a problem producing any of those documents in court laugh )

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by cliffjohnson:
the above is good advice. i have a buddy that is a delivery driver and that's how he gets out of tickets. also, look on th eticket, sometimes they show the dates that the officer will be in court. keep delaying until your court date isn't one of his, he can't testify so you get off on a technicallity. he has a book that shows tons of ways to get out of tickets of every kind. plus, you could also argue that you weren't driving recklessly but just staying with the flow of traffic.
I always show up for court. Hell, it's overtime for me, so why not? laugh

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
A
A
Sandman is right. I kept all my documentation with me always and could produce them when asked. Chances are 50/50 that the officer will show for court.I went almost without fail( extra o.t.). As to clocking the truck, That may be your best defense.Depending on the antenna the radar cone comes out at a given angle(cone) that increases with distance.If the truck was in that cone, you are good to go. But you better prove it. Just remember one thing. You were speeding. Take the hit and go on.

Andy V.
99 SE Sport SGTO
KKM,No Res,Dual exh.
17" Cellos-225/45/17 Sumitomos
vannanthony@hotmail.com
Semper Fidelis
C
C
I got pulled over on my bike in the rain once. I stopped under a tree at the side of the road (no traffic at all). The cop said, over the loud speaker, "pull up around the corner" (where there was no tree). Then after waiting about 20 min for him to fill out the paper work he returns with a ticket for 4km over the limit. It was a $23 ticket. I called him some names... he looked unimpressed. And we went on our marry way. That's the only ticket I have received.

Sorry does not really apply, but its a good story.

Black

"You are the all singing, all dancing, crap of the world" -Tyler Durden
T
T
When I was a cell phone installer in Vermont, a few of the offices had all the documentation and even a tuning fork sitting in the car. Some boys are serious when it comes to this - and I can't blame them. I do agree though, that if you weren't doing the crime he stated - that you shouldn't have to 'do the time'. Best case would be to talk with the officer about switching it up for a non-moving violation (or two). Just explain your work situation, and admit to him (again) that you were speeding, but not by as much stated. Try the nice approach before appearing to 'evade' the ticket, as he won't be so kind if he thinks you're trying to show him up.

S
OP Offline
S
Does the fact that my wife was in the car and saw the truck next to me help any? That's the only way I could prove it.

1998 Contour Sport V6, Black
*Cold air induction
*Powdercoated intake manifold (more powdercoating coming soon)
*Blue headlights, foggies, and signals (no reflectors)
*CEG stickers & removed door moldings
--------------------------------
1994 Ford Aspire 4-door, looks like a big egg
*64 hp 4-cyl
*5 speed
*"13 steel rims with go-cart tires
*74 mph top speed
*I'm going to auto-x the thing (but not compete)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard