Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Pete D Offline OP
OP Offline
P

Oxygen baby! Instead of using NOS to add more oxygen in the air fuel mixture, this adds just what you need pure o2!!!

Every time I come online I wonder if the forums will be up
M
M
I've thought of that before but am pretty sure theres some reason it won't work. mad :rolleyes:

hunter green 96 mystique mtx, sabb side markers deep tints
car bra., K & N filter, hyper white low beams, after market fogs, JVC Kameleon head unit, 600 watt amp with 2 10" kicker subs, soon to come new rims

New adition 01/11/2002 The original 95SE in Midnight Red all the toys including traction control
Fog light mod, lightmoonroof switch from a focus, power antena (still wiring it up) post 98 sail panels, new water pump , Bosch quad plaitnum plugs, and a new Cat.
D
D
I say it might add a few HP, but nothing huge. O2 helps things burn hotter. When the O2 is decompressed from the tank, it's waaay cold. So when i enters the engine, your engine is much cooler. But i think it won't be as effecient because most of the o2 will be unused, and of course, be let out as exhaust. this is just my theory, and my .02. I may be wrong, but as i said, it's just my theory. smile

Give me more beer and CEG before i get depressed!

AIM/AOL: DBZ Jr
T
T
I work for Lincare and have so much O2 at my disposal...I have thought of this sooooo many times, but I'm sure there's a drawback....
BTW, DBZ, the O2 is VERY cold...but why would that be a bad thing?

Ride: 2000 T-red SE
Beats: Kenwood 316S, Alpine MRF200, Orion XTR 6.2, Coustic 400SE
Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
S
S
You'd melt your engine, and probably your car as well.

2000 Silver ZX3
1999 SVT Contour RIP 6/9/02
L
L
Pure O2 would produce an uncontrollable burn. In short you'd blow yourself up. The N in nitrous is a moderator to keep just that from happening.

I think medical-grade nitrous is cheaper because of quantity. Unfortunately, since you can get high off of it, they don't sell it to the general public...

-Louis
1998 Black E0 #3826, lightly modded
G
G
Um...the nitrogen 'dampens' the increased cylinder pressures so ya' kinda' need it.

S
S
http://ghg.ecn.purdue.edu/~ghg/

Read this page and watch the videos of them blowing up grills with pure O2. I saw this years ago and it's still pretty funny.

2000 Silver ZX3
1999 SVT Contour RIP 6/9/02
E
E
My friend an I were talking about this just last night. Barring the fact that the oxygen would be extremely cold...

I would think that the car would see the mixture change if you were to open the oxygen supply up slowly. So the car would start off of normal air, and slowly change to pure oxygen. In theory, it would slowly add more fuel to the mix becuase it would burn different.

Now for the cold issue, and the fact that the oxygen is compressed. :rolleyes:

· Jon Miconi

· 96 Contour Zetec ATX
· 80 Ramcharger 360 ATX
· 77 Ramcharger 440 ATX
F
FFE Offline
F
This was on a thread someother time
someone first said C02 tank because it had cool air. but one problem fire/explosion need O2

but O2 will burn hoter and the will be imposible to control. thus the reaspm they use N20 its controlable but still gives yah the horse power

1996 Mercury Mystique stock (so far)

The leading cause of Atheism in the world are Christians, who accept Jesus with their mouth but walk out the door and deny him by their actions.
(*DC Talks greatest hits. track 15)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard