Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#336974 07/18/02 01:24 PM
D
OP Offline
D
I didn't play particularly consistent, but it was the best round this year for me. I shot a 42 on 9 holes including 8s on both par 5s (which are normally the easiest holes for me). The score wasn't near my best for 9 holes (33) but it was nice to finally play respectably.

Now for the gloating part. With no wind, I drove the ball over a 318 yard par 4. I was about 15 feet past the deepest part of the green. I also was pin high in a sandtrap to the right of a 338 yard hole. The pin placement was dead center as were the tees.

I have driven over 350yards with a strong tail wind or at high altitudes, but never this far without those advantages.

Bigwalton, see you in the long drive competition.

BTW, this was done with a standard length driver (44") with an x-flex shaft.

OK, carry on....i'm done with my golf story. :p

S
S
Like watching paint dry. But I do admire the skill...it just ain't fun to watch. Congrats. Off to work, Tiger.

Fastest Contour at SZ 2002 Auto-X. 10th in PAX out of 125. CEO of FOGEY(Fast Old Guys Emasculating Young-uns), Inc. Terry Haines, Chairman, Senior V.P.s: (alphabetical)JavaContour, Jet Mech, MFE, SeicoRacing, SVTSTS, Vern Kilburn. If your not a member, yet, wait a few years. I'm not just the CEO, but I'm a member, too. Working with the rank and file to get the job done right!

Historical:
63 TVR (1K in 74), 75 TR-7 (paid cash new), 79 RX-7 (zoom,zoom), 81 RX-7GSL (autobahn-driven),82 Mustang GT (autobahn-driven), 85 Mustang GT (SE Division F Stock Solo II Champ), 86 MR-2 (3rd SE Division D Stock), 88 Civic DX (had 1st born and still owned MR2) 92 Sentra SE-R (all go and no show), 98 EO SVT Contour (FTD SZ 2002). 02 Altima 3.5SE 5 spd!!!
D
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Originally posted by SVTCole:
Like watching paint dry. But I do admire the skill...it just ain't fun to watch. Congrats. Off to work, Tiger.
I agree. Golf is horrible to watch. It's about as faced paced as soccer. laugh

P
P
Damn you freakin kill your driver!!!! I wish I had more time to go out and play, but too much work these days. 42 is awesome considering you got 8's on both the par fives. Last time I played I think I shot 90, and I was pretty happy because I hadn't played in a while. I can't ever seem to get my whole game together because I'm not out there enough, however when I used to play about 3 times a week I put up both my best scores for 18 holes and a round of nine, 84 and 37. I was so pissed because when I shot the 37 I was actually 1 under through 7 but I bogeyed 8, and 9. And to top it off, on the 9th hole the rain starting coming down, and I couldn't even finish the round. Oh well, enough about golf, it's almost time for work frown

Vinny " 2000 T-RED CSVT "
MODS: KKM
SHO-SHOP OFFROAD Y-PIPE
NO RES
V
V
2 years ago I was happy when I finally broke 90. Then this spring I broke 80. The low 70's seem to be impossible at this point.

Maybe one day I'll play all 18 holes. laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard