Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#40732 04/07/02 03:37 AM
K
Kit Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well after waiting all week in anticipation, I finally picked up my car this morning and what a difference!I have nothing but praise for this company and their technicians, professionals in every aspect. The difference a ATX with a 10-12% drivetrain loss, crisp redline shifts, and right now torque off the line transforms this sluiggish CD4E into one aggressive monster. In addition to having a large cooler installed, I also had a complete valve body recalibration along with a heavy duty torque converter with a 3000RPM stall speed installed! The result combined with my other I/H/E mods is truely unbelieveable. Next up I need to get my chip reburned and have the car dyno tuned in the upcoming weeks. I truely look forward to 14Sec NA 2.5L ATX!!! The name of the gentleman who assisted me throughout the whole process was named Sam, an extremely helpful and intelligent technician who I have to give mad props to. I'm sure the skeptics will have their say, but trust me when I say that of all the many mods I have done, nothing comes close to delivering this type of performance increase. If anyone has any questions or is further interested I would be glad to answer any emails. I'm just so excited right now it's hard to put into words. Thank you once again Level Ten for truely transforming my car beyond my wildest expectations!

#40733 04/07/02 05:57 AM
O
O
Wow that's cool, glad the ATX guys are getting some love. I know you guys felt left out while all us MTX guys get our Quaifes,perf clutches and Hi-Perf driveshafts smile Nice to see you guys are finally catchin up wink 14 sec NA huh, what about Autocross, it's just point and shoot for you now.

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec SS (SuperSleeper)
Suffice it to say my mod list has become so long that it is just ridiculous
#40734 04/07/02 03:37 PM
Y
Y
Good job , Kit ! I can't wait to see that monster again eek . Are you gonna make it to another meet in the near future ?? It's been a while wink wink . Maybe Carlisle All-Ford Nationals (hint , hint) ?!?!? Show off that beauty ! I'm not going up against YOU in the 1/4 ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Allen

********** Love Those REDWINGS !!! **********

2000 Contour SVT Black w/ Tan #2137 of 2150 / built 2-4-00
Mods : ~ Factory DRL mod ~ "Powered by Ford" seatbelt covers
~ OF's TH fix ~ Audi A-6 Side Repeaters ~ Highs in Lows Mod
~ #885 foggies ~ KKM filter ~ Mondeo ST200 Badging & Shiftknob
~ Pre-98 Sails ~ Nose Bra ~ Trunk cargo net ~ '98 Clock
~ "Glasspacked" Resonator ~ Painted Rear Reflector
~ Räzo Pedals ~ Custom "Mondeo" Windscreen Banner ~ Ventvisors
~ Lighted Moonroof Switch ~ Mystique Rear Seat Light
~ Painted Grille Ring ~ H&R Springs & Mondeo ST200 Struts
~ Mille Miglia "Cello" Wheels

My old 95 \'Tour SE ~ New SVT pics here
#40735 04/07/02 04:18 PM
M
M
How much did it cost you? Also, does it increase the durability of the trans for higher HP applications like turbo, etc? How is it for daily driving?

I'd be real interested in seeing the dyno!

#40736 04/07/02 06:53 PM
C
C
Congrats dude...you too now understand wht ATXers should bow to Level Ten.

When I had my probe, and I wanted to supercharge it, I needed to upgrade the tranny. I went to Level Ten. I dealt with Sam and Pat (the owner). I used to keep contct with them as they used my as a tester car for the 4EAT tranny used in the V6 probes. I had the same things done as you did. And everytime I hit the gas, I spun my tires. It was almost annoying, but cool. And that was NA.

Well congrats. I still keep in touch with the owner (Pat) over there at Level Ten, i would've put in a word for you, but sorry I didn';t know you were going there. I love that place. It's gotta be the cleanest transmission shop I have ever seen.

Well good luck and congrats. It's money well spent. A bit pricey, but still well spent.

1995 Probe GT ATX TOO MANY MODS
1999 Cougar V6 MTX
Stage 1: (Basic Mods)B&M STS, Bassani Exhaust, KKM intake w/ weapon R pipe, ProFlow 75mm MAF w/optimiser, YoDude Y-pipe w/hi flow cat, SVT TB, SVT Upper IM, OMP FSTB,AF gauge, Aerogear fiberglass hood (completed)
Stage 2: (Top End Work) 19-24lb injectors, P&P heads w larger valves and HPC coated, P&P and port matched lower intake manifold also HPC coated, custom ground cams, Ford Racing 9mm wires, Bosch +4 plugs, Custom burned PAC or Diablo chip (will dyno with both), Apexi SAFC (In Progress)
Stage 3: (Transmission) Quaife LSD, CM stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza flywheel (In progress)
Stage 4: (Suspension)Koni adjustibles, H&R springs, Progress 21mm rear anti sway bar (Installing on Tues)
Current dyno: 172.9 whp with just bolt ons and stock exhaust manifolds (not gutted), oh, and bad wires smile...
#40737 04/07/02 07:15 PM
Z
Z
oh my jesus! that is soooooo beautiful! i wanna see some times pronto!!!!

BTW: what was the turnaround from when you gave them the tranny to when you picked your car up?

edit: and how much did this cost you?

2001 V6 BLACK (FORD) COUGAR
Ram air/KKM, SVT TB & upper, dynomax exhaust, ST200 struts and rear strut brace, roush rear sway bar and springs, OMP front stb
#40738 04/07/02 09:38 PM
K
Kit Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I really appreciate the support from everyone. I'm sorry Allen that haven't been out recently I'm a full time college student now and a part time Air Force Reservist so my free time is definitely limited. I'm hoping to make it out to one of the summer meets. Jeremy, if it wasn't for coming across your enthusiastic post months back I would have never known about the place. When I talked to Sam about the "Probe Guy" he immediately recognized who I was referring to so thank you once again for intially perking my interest. As for all of the questions about price and everyday drivability, this is a considerable investment. I promised Sam I would not quote my price because they cut me such a remarkable one time deal. But I will say that these kinds of upgrades are going to costs thousands not hundreds of dollars. I've been tucking away money for this for months and I emphatically agree with Jeremy that the return is well worth the money. As far as driveability is concerned the Atx shifts like a dream. If your cruising around town it promptly downshifts for passing. The shifting is so precise and throttle sensitive that you can almost sense a shift as soon as you apply pressure to the pedal. Pedal to the floor this car hauls some major a$$ with precise redline shifts everytime, no bogging down! I just can't wait to get my chip back in so i can remove that annoying governor and raise the redline. I hit the governor three times just on the way home because I was so trigger happy. Bottom line: it costs money to go fast and for parts which are going to hold up in the long run. I never expect to sell this car or for the tranny to ever be an issue again. Thank you again for all of your positive remarks I am very grateful!

#40739 04/07/02 11:53 PM
C
C
Well...I'm glad I could help. They also cut me a tremendous deal, so I will never disclose all of that info. But average pricing for parts...a L10 torque converter will usually price between $500-$700 depoending if custom work needs to be done. A valvebody recalibration is about $600-$700...that does not include labor and fluid. Oh yeah, and their tranny cooler gors for about $100...but it's a very very nice one.

If you let L10 do the work, they will do pre and post tests of the car to make sure everything is done well.

If you got the money, and you want the power...do it. Espect to be spending at least $1500+ on this work. But it'll be the best mods you can do. Basically you save a lot of power from decreased drivetrain loss, you cut shifting times and firm them up, and allow for the tranny to handle a$$loads of power now. Remember, let's say you have 250 crank hp...and you are running a 30% drivetrain loss, that's 75hp...what if you cut that in half...and make it 32.5hp (15%). So is $1500+ worth that possible 32.5, plus better shifting which won't show up on the dyno, but will show up on the track.

Good luck to everyone...there is always hope

1995 Probe GT ATX TOO MANY MODS
1999 Cougar V6 MTX
Stage 1: (Basic Mods)B&M STS, Bassani Exhaust, KKM intake w/ weapon R pipe, ProFlow 75mm MAF w/optimiser, YoDude Y-pipe w/hi flow cat, SVT TB, SVT Upper IM, OMP FSTB,AF gauge, Aerogear fiberglass hood (completed)
Stage 2: (Top End Work) 19-24lb injectors, P&P heads w larger valves and HPC coated, P&P and port matched lower intake manifold also HPC coated, custom ground cams, Ford Racing 9mm wires, Bosch +4 plugs, Custom burned PAC or Diablo chip (will dyno with both), Apexi SAFC (In Progress)
Stage 3: (Transmission) Quaife LSD, CM stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza flywheel (In progress)
Stage 4: (Suspension)Koni adjustibles, H&R springs, Progress 21mm rear anti sway bar (Installing on Tues)
Current dyno: 172.9 whp with just bolt ons and stock exhaust manifolds (not gutted), oh, and bad wires smile...
#40740 04/08/02 01:41 AM
Z
Z
holy crap! i was expecting like 2500-3000 dollars! if its less than 2k i will certainly do it! oh man this is gonna rock, i want my warranty to die! smile

i think anybody that plans on keeping their car for a long long tiem and modding it even a little should do this cause wouldn't this make the tranny pretyt much buillet proof?

-ZERO™

p.s. i would pay 2500 for a bullet proof atx wtih 10-12% drivetrainloss so 1500+ is no big frickin deal!

2001 V6 BLACK (FORD) COUGAR
Ram air/KKM, SVT TB & upper, dynomax exhaust, ST200 struts and rear strut brace, roush rear sway bar and springs, OMP front stb
#40741 04/08/02 02:57 AM
C
Administrator
Administrator
C
HERE, HERE!! Congrats Kit!!

Get a dyno and a time slip!!!!

And, check your PM's wink

-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o