Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
jaydog Offline OP
OP Offline
J
At 17 cents today, would it be a good time to put like a hundred bucks into this? They talk like they'll get back on thier feet? What do you all think?

"Nothing like coming off the on ramp in 3rd gear. Just let her eat and enjoy the awesome sound she makes. Ahhh, the joys of an SVT."
'98 SVT
B
BP Offline
B
Talk is cheap.

-Brian-
98 SE DTec MTX
R
R
Brian's right...

They are in danger of being delisted which, essentially, makes the stock worthless.

Kharma is very real and she is one mean b!tch.
A
A
I wouldn't by a dead fly on this market right now. let alone wcom.

--alex | 96 GL(sort of) V6 ATX | 98 SE V6 MTX Sport
O
O
You missed the boat.. Smart people like me bought it when it was at .06, and dumped it at .30. Don't be fooled, ALOT of people bought it then, and are looking for an exit point, so it's only going to go lower.

Some companies can actually recover, but this one isn't going to. (I wish it did, as I still have shares I bought years ago at $40!) This is another mess on the same scale as Enron.

S
S
i'd say buy just because the companies either going to make it through or get bought up which still makes your stock worth something. The company cant just disappear like enrons doing, too many people depend on wcom, including the government.

-Speed Demon- Matt
Black 2000 Contour SE Sport (duratec/atx)
got body mods?
all show, better than stock go smile
"I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid"
speddmn.com
B
B
I heard from a guy at Cingular, that SBC was going to buy ATT/Worldcom. rumors, gotta love them.

1998 SVT Contour
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!

Black/Midnight Blue
#457/6535
Born: 4/24/97
O
O
If you use that rationale, then you should buy up Adelphia stock. They are the 5th largest cable company in the country (and was my former employer, but I also worked for Worldcom. Hmm, bad trend here.. :>).

Anyway, their stock is at 0.01 right now. Some cable company is going to buy them out, probably the #2 or #4 cable provider. (#3 is already in merger processions with another cable company, so they can't be bothered with this right now)

But buyouts like that don't always help the shareholders, since there are so many other people that will get paid first - bond holders, etc.

My portfolio includes 6 major companies that have gone bankrupt in the past 24 months - All bought when they were still flying high. All are worthless now, delisted and gone. If you can afford to lose the money, then go for it, but be aware that the odds aren't in your favor.

UUNET...The backbone of most of the Internet, that's all I have to say about Worldcom. Also it's not ATT/Worldcom, just Worldcom.

Lee Cox
In life begins responsability...
Project Car
O
O
It's called Chapter 11 (they're talking about it on CNBC right now). They'll sell UUNet, and use the proceeds to pay off some of the creditors. Shareholders won't see a dime. mad

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard