Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
A
Sandman, Your comments are right on the money!!!The one about the windows is sssooo true!I don't have to deal with that stuff anymore but I really hope you get your wish(s). Take care buddy!

Andy V.
99 SE Sport SGTO
KKM,No Res,Dual exh.
17" Cellos-225/45/17 Sumitomos
vannanthony@hotmail.com
Semper Fidelis
P
P
Quote:
If they could give us a turbocharged diesel w/ 300 hp and an 8 speed auto tranny, sure. Probably be too heavy, though.
Well the powerstroke might not be bad, although as you mentioned weight would be a problem, not to mention cost and size. In all reality a good 5 speed auto could probably work there with a tall final drive

Every time I come online I wonder if the forums will be up
M
M
my comments on a better police car:

Back seat CUP HOLDERS
separate front and back climate control and radio
the back bench is comfortable, but buckets would be a novel idea..
lets remember that cops arent the only people that ride in cop cars!! laugh laugh laugh

2000 SVT
K&N Drop-in
Pioneer Face
12" Kicker
1999 se
California Highway Patrol just bought 60 (or 80?) V8 Camaros to use as stealth cruisers to sneak up on speeding semis and careless car drivers. Light bars are only 2 inches tall and practically invisible plus no shotgun holder or pushbars so they'll be hard to spot in a rearview mirror. By the way, concerning the Caprice cruisers, there's a company out here that rebuilds them so that all the police departments currently using (and liking) them can continue doing so.

Karl

*** It's all about consistency! ***

98 SVT Contour
86 Ranger GT
69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider
67 Formula-S Barracuda
R
R
Georgia state patrol has bought camaros too, as well as some local police located along the interstate. Doesn't the contour have gas tank under rear seat? can't you could under the seat and get to fuel pump or something? mustangs have always been firey cars. Early 90s t-birds can catch fire without even being driven as well as a few other early 90s ford cars. Why can't tauruses be used? You could beef them up a little if your worried about ramming ability and that kinda crap. They would be cheaper and have better mpg.

"Wow, that sank fast." "Yeah, like a rock."
96 Contour GL ATX
9mm Ford Racing Wires; 2 Resonators down, 1 to go;"Special airbox"; many mods planned
Sony CD player: 50wattsx4;remote;
Speakers=50 watt Pioneer 6x8s
Ross Evans smile
P
P
The engine from the navigator would be nice, although too expensive to implement.
300hp
355tq

I wonder if the popo's camaro's have a govenor?

S
OP Offline
S
Don't get me started on the Taurus. Let's just say it was never meant for police duty.

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
P
P
Here's a question I know the answer to: Given that most Japanese cars are now built in the US with at least some US parts, why don't police departments use them, after all they are supposed to be soooooo reliable right? :rolleyes:

Q
qaz Offline
Q
That was probably due to the ignition switch problems Ford had with many of their 80s/early 90s cars (see http://www.flamingfords.com )

The alternator output connector on the 2G alternator (as used in the 93 and previous Mustangs, among other Ford cars) is known to be problematic (it can overheat and possibly start a fire), which is why replacement alternators always come with a new connector and a sticker giving dire warnings about not replacing the connector.

2G alternators rewound for higher amperage (I have one that I haven't installed yet) do away with the output connector and use bolt/stud.

Brian

Quote:
Originally posted by Redcon96I4:
mustangs have always been firey cars. Early 90s t-birds can catch fire without even being driven as well as a few other early 90s ford cars.

V
V
Quote:
Originally posted by 98SVT:
By the way, concerning the Caprice cruisers, there's a company out here that rebuilds them so that all the police departments currently using (and liking) them can continue doing so.
Sounds like something I'd buy...

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard