Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40468 04/01/02 04:30 PM
S
OP Offline
S
[img]http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View?u=4020710&a=30163039&p=60630083&Sequence=2[/img]

Is the plug above and to the left of the oil filter a good spot to install an oil pressure sender? If yes, what size is the plug. I think I could use a 90 degree fitting and the sender would fit? I know there is a spot under the TB but I don't think that is the best location for accurate readings. Any Thoughts? Pics are worth a thousand words. mvorndran@wabashtech.com

1998 Mystique LS, manual, 4 disc, SVT Intake, Borla SS Exhaust, Koni adj. Focus rims, Lotek Gauge Pod w/shift light, SS brake lines
F
F
I did this - bit of a pain to get to it - need to unbolt the AC compressor and pull it down out of the way (no need to remove any lines to the compressor) and access the pressure sender from underneath the car. Even then it's tight. Sorry, I can't recall the thread size or the diameter of the fitting. I ended up putting in a reducing fitting that then went to brake line which I snaked up to just next to the handle on the dipstick - T'd it there and put old pressure sender on one side and new pressure sender on other.
Eric

T
T
M16 X 1.5 MM.... wink

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard