Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by zetechfun:
Do you really think fords going to make the same car faster than the poilce cars. Thats what i was saying i think fords full of it the dealrship hasnt got a dyno machine but i would really like to the see results between the two head to head.
I know that I wouldn't want to try to catch a GT or Cobra in the interceptor that I drive every day! So, yes, Ford makes cars that are faster than their Interceptor. My guess is that you are a troll from another site that is here to put down Fords. Well, good bye, and good riddance.

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
S
S
From what I recall, the police interceptor packages have a SOHC 4.6L putting out 225hp or somewhere around there. The Marauder, if I'm not mistaken, is DOHC 4.6L @ 302hp.

The police interceptor package is more than just the engine.

The Marauder should walk all over the interceptor.

Curtis
Dead 98 Black SVT
C
C
FWIW,

Popular Science April Issue did a comparison between a stock Crown Vic and a Police Intercepter. The Stocker was faster. The Intercepter sat higher than the stock and was heavier and that slowed it down in the straights and the slalom. The Intercepter Engine was IDENTICAL to the stocker.

Unless the PD modified their engines, the interceptor package puts heavier bumpers (Reinforced for the PIT maneuver) , more alternator (200 Watts IIRC), Heavier suspension (For the extra weight of radio gear, bumper, etc.) and a fine vinyl interior. That was about it. No advantage in speed or handling was evident.

"My Name is Richard. I am a Contouraholic."
1999 SE Sport Duratec ATX Spruce Green; Drop--In K&N Filter; VentShades;
Fog Lamp Fix Mod & PIAA510s with Bumper Braces & Stock Type aiming screw mod;
PIAA 9006 Super White Headlamps
AIWA CDC-MP3 HU; WeatherTech Mats
Viper 600ESP w/Remote entry
S
S
I think the current MY Interceptor does have a 10 HP advantage over its civilian dual-exhaust counterpart. However, this just likely makes up for the weight difference, and they are likely equal in acceleration now, with the Interceptor topping out higher than the CV.

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
R
R
Did you drive to this demo in your RWD contique?

Kharma is very real and she is one mean b!tch.
S
S
Quote:
With a little of pursading I conviced the owner (and the mecrury reps) to line the maruder up with a 2002 crown interceptor. (I drove the intercptor)They where about nose to nose till 120 MPH then the interceptor started to walk away from the maruder.
lol, and where did this take place? I know it wasnt on the street, so it had to be a dragway somewhere? Pics? Timeslips? or just total BS? Next time on Jerry Springer..... laugh :p

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
H
H
who cares, the bottom line is that the marauder is slower than the Impala SS and has posted some not-to-impressive track times from what I've seen.

S
S
ZetecFun,
For the sake of being fair, give us the name and number of the dealership and I will call them to see if this really happened. I think you are full of it too but I will give you the chance to prove yourself. Also the owners name who invited you.

Ryan

98 V6 Lots-o-mods SOLD
88 Daytona Shelby Z TII (The beast)
87 Daytona Shelby Z TII (Holy 20 psi of boost batman!)
Mods- 3" Downpipe, Hi-Flow cat, 3" mandrel bent exhaust with Dynomax Ultra flow. Manual boost controller, TurboXS blowoff, 5th injector, large canister wastegate, Nitrous Express go-fast-be-happy kit, ported exhaust manifold, ported intake manifold, upgraded motormounts, eibach springs, strut tower brace. Oh and 20 PSI to boot.. my oh my...
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by HellaHydro:
who cares, the bottom line is that the marauder is slower than the Impala SS and has posted some not-to-impressive track times from what I've seen.
I have yet to see any credible evidence that the Marauder is slower than the SS. Merc compares the 2 on their site, leading me to think that one of their design goals was to out-perform the SS (much like the Lightning did with the 454 SS). I don't exactly consider C&D to be without bias, either. Put them both at the drag strip, stock for stock, and then let's decide.

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
J
J
zetechfun,

Lay off the crack pipe. I test drive cars EVERY DAY of the week, and although I have yet to drive the Marauder, I know it's not limited to 120 or so miles per hour. Hell, my '92 Town Car went that fast and it was "almost" stock. Also, DOHC vs. SOHC (Marauder being the DOHC), there's a lot of mechanical advantage for performance with the DOHC. The Police Interceptor Package that Ford does isn't really all that, unless they take it to a shop AFTER purchase and throw in a blower or do some SERIOUS mods. Stop posting bull**** on this board, and if it's not ****, then break out the damn slips and dyno numbers or home videos. What a friggin idiot...

'99 Contour SE V6 w/MTX (Black Clearcoat)
'02 Dakota 4.7L V8 2WD X-Cab (Flame Red Clearcoat)
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard