Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
C
I feel you for buddy. I have witnessed a few accidents first hand myself. Worst one was when a late model Eclipse GS and a GMC Safari van did a partial head on collision. I was too worried about the occupants in the Eclipse so I didn't analyze who hit who, but the Safari van basically impacted the driver's side front of the Eclipse and rode up and tore part of the roof of the Eclipse off, including a good portion of the driver's face in the process. I mean I could see the guy's teeth plain as day, damaged as they were. He was so jammed into the car that we couldn't do anything for him. Worst part was the 6 or 7 year old boy in the back seat with no seatbelt on, got bounced around like a rag doll. The guy driving was pronounced dead at the scene, the boy was airlifted out and died two days later of massive head and body trauma, the poor mother, who was pregnant at the time, was the only survivor, and was in shock when she left the scene, but kept asking about her husband and son. We couldn't tell her the truth about either of them at the time, for fear she'd go insane right there. Until you've been through something like this, you just cannot imagine the emotions it brings about. I cried that night and again when I found out the boy later died. I deal with things like this pretty well overall, but it's still hard.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours, and for the family that is left to pick up the pieces after such a horrible occurrence...

Regards,

Craig J. Baldwin

99 SVT Contour - Silver - #49/2760

"To make a living is to get, to make a life is to give." - Winston Churchill
D
D
Oh my Lord! I feel so bad for those kids and the parents. I can't imagine something like that happening to my kids. I'd definitely have to be restrained; by like 20 people.

You're sure to suffer some kind of post-traumatic issues because of this. I'd do what was recommended and seek some kind of help so you can cope. I don't think I could sleep for days after seeing something like that happen.

Prayers are with the family, you and your dad as well. frown

125.2 FWHP - 126.5 FWTQ
SVT exhaust (#4 of 9) - B&M FPR - Custom CAI - bnoon optimized TB #1 & 2 (beat that!!)
Black '98.5 SE Zetec MTX
Best quote seen in a chat - "Jinx 12345678910 you owe me a naked picture of yourself!"
S
S
That would be a horrible thing to go through. frown I know I wouldnt be able to sleep after it either. As terrible as it is when two children die, you should give yourself a pat on the back for helping to save the 3 people that did live. Imagin how it could have been if you and your father didnt show up and you'll be thankful you were there.

I couldent even fathom being a police officer. Seeing accidents like this day after day, it definatley has to be the worst part of the job.

~~~~~~Mike~~~~~~
Silver 2000 Contour SVT
# 1200 of 2150
T
T
I wouldn't know what to do at a scene like that. You and your father were very brave and deserve recoginition for attempts and then some. You, your father, and that family will be in my prayers. Just remember that you have all of your fellow CEGer's to lean on.

Amanda
* 1998.5 CSVT Black/blue
* Born on 6/11/98 * #6388 of 6535
* Some mods including the "ricey" ones
J
J
You reacted and helped save a couple of lives. Nothing could be asked more of a human in a time of crisis, so take comfort and solace in that fact. The fact that you in no way humanly possible could rescue the others does NOT take away from this. Try not to let things saturate your feelings too much.

Nightmares and guilt may come, but know that most everyone goes through this in tramatic situations. I've been there myself when I had to drag my mother out of an '86 Toyota Cressida after she backed off an enbankment with me and my brother in the back. Fortunately, no one was fatally injured, but my mother, who was halfway out of the car when she hit reverse and accidentally hit the gas pedal instead of the brake pedal, pretty much liquified every bone in her left foot then had it ripped mostly off her leg before the car came to a stop. After close to two years of surgeries and skin grafts, she's mobile and going strong, though she only has 80% use of her foot...

I've also been through the emotional ringer with the Murrah building bombing in OKC. I was there with a good friend 3 hours after the building exploded searching for his father, who turned out to be fine. Others around us weren't so lucky or blessed that day, though.

It took me 2 months to get back to a normal sleeping pattern and I still have the occasional nightmare about some of the things I saw, but things do get better. It just takes time and talk.

Feel free to PM me if you need to chat about things. I'm no counselor by any means, but I've been through the emotional rollercoaster of tragic circumstance more than once. Communicating things and time are the only two things that will help you sort this out.

If you're so inclined and need to talk, I'd be honored to converse with someone who helped save a life at the risk of their own.

Best wishes, get some rest and shed the stress. Stress is the last thing you need right now.

Regards,

JaTo
Overland Park, KS
JaTo@kc.rr.com

99 Contour SVT
#143/2760
Modded to Taste

00 Corvette Coupe
Modded to Haste
N
N
You have my prayers and sympathy as well. What a horrific thing to witness and experience. I agree you should seek some professional help of some kind, as this will likely not just go away.

~Shawn Clone~

1999 SE Sport V6 MTX
Silver frost/Midnight Blue
BAT Euro Handling kit, SCA Cold Air intake, painted dash/calipers, Elky's mesh grille, bulitt fuel door,B&M shifter, ES motor mount inserts, OMP front strut tower brace, newest mod- HPP rear strut tower brace ...coming soon, Aussie Bar
Possabilities in the works: Custom CAI, Polished stainless shifter cover plate
D
D
My sympathy goes out to the family. What a horrific tragedy.
I saw something similar about 6 years ago. Two teenagers, one celebrating her 18 birthday were in her boyfriend's Mustang GT, speeding down a winding road in my development.
The driver lost control and hit a concrete power pole. I snapped and fell on the car.
I was cutting my grass near dusk and heard a very loud screetch and boom and the power went out in the neighborhood.
I drove over to the scene and saw the two burning to death in the car. Nothing could be done since there were live wires all around.
I was shook-up for a while after that. In that same strecth of road that has only a 30 mph limit there is about 30+ accidents per year. Many people go too fast and hit the concrete block walls surrounding the community.
One poor soul has his portion of the wall in his backyard knocked down about 10 times! Mostly teenagers going too fast for conditions.

Dan B.
S
Sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I have an appointment with a therapist at 3pm today.
The therapist knows my family quite well, we all had to go him (court ordered) when my Dad was injured on the job.
So it'll be nice to talk with somebody that knows me.
9 people in all did the best we could to help the family.
I wish I/we could have done more.
It just feels like not enough was done, or that we went about it wrong, or something.
I'm going to try and stay updated on the family.
I'm definately going to go put up a couple of wooden crosses.
I think that will help.
My Dad and I both asked the poilice not to release our names.
Neither one of us want to be questioned about this by the press.
Work is helping me concentrate on other things, which is good.

1997 GL Sport MTX,
Soon to be the fastest proven Zetec around.
J
J
That sucks, hopefully those three and you and your dad will be ok.

A couple of years ago my dad and I were driving down to Florida and we were going down I75 when a newer Lincoln Town Car went speeding past us in the left most lane then suddenly made a hard right turn in the middle of the road and hit head on with the end of a guardrail. It flipped 3 times, and came to stop on its roof facing the direction it came with the passenger side right up against the outside of the guardrail. Driver was killed and the girl in the passenger seat had a pretty bad broken leg. We were flipped out the entire rest of the trip because it literally happened 100 feet in front of us, and if the car had hit and come back into the road it most likely would have taken us out in the process.

Warning: Management is not responsible for lost or stolen virginity.
-------------------
'98 Zetec MTX
17 x 7 Enkei RS5 w/ 215/45/ZR17 Goodyear Eagle GS-D Import tires
30%Front/25%Rear Tint
JVC KD-S570, Clarion APA1200, 2 Soundstream Reference 10"s
"Powered By Ford" seatbelt pads
Pre98 Sail Panels
Removed resonator
Magnaflow muffler
C
C
Holy crap man, that is so sad. Props to you for helping out as much as you could. I know it's really hard thinking that a couple of the kids died, and wondering if you could have done more, but you have to realize that you did all that you could do, and that you did help save a couple of lives. I'm sure the scene and the thoughts of those kids will haunt you for some time, but try to remember that you did everything you could do.

Currently: '00 Altima SE and '02 Maxima SE

Coming up: '03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6-speed
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard