Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
S
Quote:
The salute of uniform bodies (eg. army, police) originated from knights who lifted their visors to show their face to a royalty.
This depends on where you get your history from. I was taught that it originated with knights also, but that they raised their right hand, typically their weapon hand, to their visor, away from their weapon, as a sign of trust when meeting friendly forces on the battlefield. This was done because the visor obscured the kinghts face, and it was hard to tell who was friend or foe.

Quote:
When a person dies, hearing is the last sense to go. First off would be your sight.
Makes you wonder how they figured that out. :rolleyes:

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
D
D
you can not tickle yourself eek

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by dealer502:
Yeah, and that is one of the stranger ones.

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
Quote:
i have.. tickled my feet.. EEP! eek

* Kathryn *

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds"
-Bob Marley
[95 tour LX]
G
G
I'm not sure you'd want to snap-roll a large transport aircraft, but you could probably barrel-roll one, including a B-747. The legendary Tex Johnson, chief test pilot for Boeing's 707 program, barrel-rolled the prototype 707 at a Gold Cup hydroplane race in Washington State. According to Clive Irving's book "Widebody" on the development of the 747, Johnson's explanation was that it was "a one-G maneuver. The airplane never knew it was doing anything but flying straight and level, with aileron deflection. I started at about four hundred feet. Applied up elevator, held the one G, put the aileron in. After the roll I was at sixteen hundred feet, climbed out during the maneuver. This is not risky. If you hold one G you don't uncover the fuel pumps. There's nothing that can happen to the airplane."
While the 747 is larger than the 707, it's not THAT much larger....

2000 Contour SE Sport T-Red MTX, Mystique rear dome light, Blau Florida cd.
R
R
Amazing. NINE and a half miles! The barrel roll alone would be incredible to ride or even just view. Is one G enough to keep my favorite beverage on the tray table?

I guess my fascination lies with the ability of the airplane to even lift into the air fully loaded, was scary to me the first time.

Dunno on the helicopter, however I have seen a RC copter fly level inverted at about 25 mph six feet off the ground.

ZZZ.

'99 SVT black/blue #871
R
Ray Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Quote:
Rub your finger, or tongue, on the tip of the roof of your mouth... would probably tickle.. I know it does to me...

More to come, tonight..

Ray

Check out my car!! (Profile Registry)

Have a Nextel two-way? check out my registry for my number!

Ray Haralson
Jacksonville, FL
s_r_haralson@sar.med.navy.mil
srh@texas.net

YIM: midnghtflm
AIM: midnghtflm

NEWEST MOD: a BEAUTIFUL girlfriend for my one and only passenger.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray:
Quote:
[b]you can not tickle yourself eek
Rub your finger, or tongue, on the tip of the roof of your mouth... would probably tickle.. I know it does to me...
[/b]
lol, it works for me too!!

or when you swirl ur finger or something on a certain part of ur stomach......er.. no? just me? confused

* Kathryn *

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds"
-Bob Marley
[95 tour LX]
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by *Sway*:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray:
[b]
Quote:
[b]you can not tickle yourself eek
[/b]
lol, it works for me too!!

or when you swirl ur finger or something on a certain part of ur stomach......er.. no? just me? confused [/b]
I know exactly what you mean about the tickling your own stomache thing.

heh and boy can I see some leghumping coming from that comment too. wink
vives des leghumpers!

Kim
2001 Mercury Cougar C2
1995 Contour GL
Quote: Originally posted by shotwell:
Yeah, I keep checking too. I'm afraid that just as the site goes down my car will burst into flames or something (knocking rapidly on wood)!
yay! im not crazy, thanks Kim! hehe laugh

* Kathryn *

-Bob Marley
[95 tour LX]
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard