Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Stick Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am considering picking up a 1977 L-82 Corvette, but I know nothing about these cars. Does anyone have any experience with these cars? Don't worry, I would still keep the Contour...I would just need a bigger garage!

Stick

98 T-red SVT (stock)#2445 OF 6535
93 Dakota 4x4 (2" lift waiting for 32's)
88 Honda Hawk GT (stock and staying that way)
02 Subaru Legacy GT (wife's car)
V
V
Not aware of any out of the ordinary issues outside those normally found in any older car. The L-82 was the upgrade HP rating - not sure exactly what it was in '77 (approx. 200 IIRC).

What kind of shape is it in? Matching numbers aren't as important in that year as they would be in a more "vintage" model, so a rebuilt/replaced engine could actually be a good thing depending on what you're looking for.

S
Stick Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The car is in fairly good condition, the seals are all dry-rotted, but that wouldn't be too hard to replace. There are a few spots where the paint is chipping, I would get the whole thing repainted as it is still the original paint.
It has 63,000 original miles, and they are asking $6900. I was thinking of offering them somewhere around $6k and see if they would take it.
I am looking for something that is a driver more than a collector, so the numbers matching isn't a big concern to me.
Thanks for the info!

Stick

98 T-red SVT (stock)#2445 OF 6535
93 Dakota 4x4 (2" lift waiting for 32's)
88 Honda Hawk GT (stock and staying that way)
02 Subaru Legacy GT (wife's car)
V
V
If you're looking for a driver, you'll want to see if stuff like bushings/suspension/brakes/cooling system/etc. have had attention recently, otherwise it'll be one little thing after another. $6K could be an OK price if the aforementioned stuff has had attention.

Link Copied to Clipboard