Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
G
Did you know that that was a reaction to the pistons being booed while in Toronto earlier in the year during the US national anthem? For some reason, that didn't get much press.

u are right i do not remember hearing that...in that case the toronto rapstars shoulda been pelted with rotten eggs and garbage anyone who dare boo americans during the national anthem should be slapped now

I am happy for Luc Robitaille to finally get the cup.

i didnt know what happened to robitaille...glad he got a ring as was pretty good far as i know during the days with the kings (didn't he have 2 stints in la???)

and u better thank god that Chris Webber punked out in OT or your beloved lakers would have fallen. next year they won't be so lucky...

chill hydro....lets smokem peace pipe....fact of the matter is that cwebb is a chump and maybe next yr he will have gained a little more toughness mentally but for now he nor the rest of his teammates seem to have the mental stamina to beat the lakers and im not so sure the pedrag is such a great playoff guy either he struggle quite a bit in the playoffs i think even before he was injured...bibby is the man though coming from nowhere last yr to lead his new team with more heart than any of the others had...they better resign him before the lakers steal him away (i know that wont happen lakers dont have any money to afford him)

and i was probably the first to come on this site a when the playoffs started and say that the lakers would (probably) win this yr but not next yr unless they make some changes...and yes i had to wear depends during the kings lakers series...it should have been over in 5 and kings should have won but they didn't close it out

If you wanted to go that route, I could easily say the refs screwed divac and that doug christie wasnt a fraction of how effective he's been in times past. But we won't go that route.

vlades problem is that he flops...the ref will never give him respect...he's been doing it since he was a laker...when 6-1 200 lb derek fisher sends 7-1 260 lb divac flying across the floor like watching a wwe match....its a flop and the refs wont call it...i dont deny vlade has skills some anyway but his defense is to flop simple as that....doug christie (another former laker) is just getting a little long in the tooth now....they had to poison kobe to keep him under wraps

how many years did we have to watch lindsey hunter miss open lay-ups

lol we saw quite a bit of that outta lindsey too this season....cept they were open jumpers i dont think he ever drove to the basket

sorry for hijacking the topic....we now return u to your regularly scheduled wings celebration

95 contour se...dark blue...monsterflow air filter...remanuf atx...wiring harness recall or bust!!!96k miles...motorcraft awsf32pp plugs & red ford racing 9mm wires...kvr black plated cross-drilled rotors & carbon fiber pads...currently undergoing renovation...excuse our dust!!!
are my dodgers for real????
E
ESC Offline
E
Quote:
Originally posted by dnewma04:
Quote:
Originally posted by gdub520:
[b]i hate the redwings...they commit too many penalties....i think the fix was definitely in...the av's were the real champs this season

just wanted to see what it felt like to act like a sacramento kings fan
:rolleyes:
Quote:

congrats wings fans and i hope u all showed more class than the pistons fans did against toronto in the nba playoffs
Did you know that that was a reaction to the pistons being booed while in Toronto earlier in the year during the US national anthem? For some reason, that didn't get much press.[/b]
I went to game 5 of the Pistons-Raptors and the Toronto fans were getting harassed quite a bit after the game (nothing too extreme), though it bothered me that here I was a Piston fan and I had to worry about driving home with an Ontario license plate. But I saw at least one altercation where a fan (no doubt drunk) ripped a Canadian flag away (this is what I didn't understand about the Raptor's fans, bringing the Canadian flags to an event with no national significance). Razzing is understandable in the heat of the moment, but trying to literally rip up a Canadian flag is totally class-less.

D
D
True, but a few drunks can ruin anything anywhere.

G
G
Quote:
this site is sometimes a prime example laugh

95 contour se...dark blue...monsterflow air filter...remanuf atx...wiring harness recall or bust!!!96k miles...motorcraft awsf32pp plugs & red ford racing 9mm wires...kvr black plated cross-drilled rotors & carbon fiber pads...currently undergoing renovation...excuse our dust!!!
are my dodgers for real????
Y
OP Offline
Y
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H:
I was kind of hoping that the Wings would lose, not because I don't like the team, I have the utmost respect for Yzerman, Fedorov, Chelios, etc., but because of how everyone in the city suddenly turns into a die-hard wings fan as soon as the playoffs start, when in reality, half the people going crazy in the streets last night couldn't name more than 5 people on the team. It would have been a lot of fun making fun of all these instant fans if they had lost.

Mickey Redmond had a great quote talking to Drew and Mike on 101.1 WRIF this morning. "After Detroit dropped the first two games to Vancouver, a lot of people hurt their backs jumping off the bandwagon, then couldn't climb back on fast enough when they started winning."

I guess I really shouldn't complain, I assume it happens in every major city, and there were probably a lot more people were jumping on the bandwagon in Carolina than in Detroit.

But watch out next year, Montreal's taking it all!

Bob
Well , all I can say is that I'm NOT a "fair-weather fan" . I'm all for the Red Wings ... 24/7/365 . Not an easy task living near Philly & all of the Flyers fans :rolleyes: . I have Red Wings memorabilia/flags/mugs sitting around the house & stickers in my car windows EVERY day of the year . Hockey is the only sport I pay attention to (or car stand to watch) . I can't really say WHEN or WHY I became a Red Wings fan , but it's been a loooong time & I'm hardcore about it .

I'm sad to say goodbye to Scotty (if he does actually stay out of it for good) . We'll see how they do under different coaching . I was really glad to see Vladamir Konstantinov at the game . They've never forgotten him & that means a lot in MY eyes . I heard that they've turned his locker into a "shrine" & use that for a bit of reassurance or belief in times of need . Kinda cool laugh .

Carloina put up one HECK of a fight & I commend them for that . Who would've figured then to go so far ?!?! Not me , that's for sure . That triple-overtime game proved how capable they were of taking the series . Maybe they just didn't have the "legs" to pull it off ... maybe next year wink ! Naaaaaaaa - Red Wings for ANOTHER repeat smile !!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Allen

********** Love Those REDWINGS !!! **********

2000 Contour SVT Black w/ Tan #2137 of 2150 / built 2-4-00
Mods : ~ Factory DRL mod ~ "Powered by Ford" seatbelt covers
~ OF's TH fix ~ Audi A-6 Side Repeaters ~ Highs in Lows Mod
~ #885 foggies ~ KKM filter ~ Mondeo ST200 Badging & Shiftknob
~ Pre-98 Sails ~ Nose Bra ~ Trunk cargo net ~ '98 Clock
~ "Glasspacked" Resonator ~ Painted Rear Reflector
~ Räzo Pedals ~ Custom "Mondeo" Windscreen Banner ~ Ventvisors
~ Lighted Moonroof Switch ~ Mystique Rear Seat Light
~ Painted Grille Ring ~ H&R Springs & Mondeo ST200 Struts
~ Mille Miglia "Cello" Wheels

My old 95 \'Tour SE ~ New SVT pics here
E
ESC Offline
E
Quote:
Agreed, but that was also the prevailing atmosphere outside of the Palace after the game. Either I was paranoid or my expectations were heightened from a positive experience at the Winter games, we celebrated the Canadian hockey gold and none of the USA fans in the streets were disrespectful.

N
N
YEAH WINGS!!! I can't wait for em to come back up here to T.C. for training camp, should be a riot this year, and an extra blast to be a cheaffuer for them during camp.(sorry, i don't get many chances to brag) GO WINGS GO!

~Shawn Clone~

1999 SE Sport V6 MTX
Silver frost/Midnight Blue
BAT Euro Handling kit, SCA Cold Air intake, painted dash/calipers, Elky's mesh grille, bulitt fuel door,B&M shifter, ES motor mount inserts, OMP front strut tower brace, newest mod- HPP rear strut tower brace ...coming soon, Aussie Bar
Possabilities in the works: Custom CAI, Polished stainless shifter cover plate
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard