Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
M
M
good point cpurser. took the words out of my mouth.

97 Lx 3.0 MTX
lighten flywheel,udp's,kkm,no cat,true dual,svt tb,80mm maf,19lb injectors,S-afc,svt ground effects, 18's w/ yoko 215/40/18,front/rear strut braces,eibachs,egr gasket mod,

15.2@94 with 2 people in the car and a bad 1st gear wanna race?

micah_trudell@hotmail.com
V
V
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
Any religion that teaches to kill others is just plain wrong ie. Taliban, Islam, etc.

Islam doesn't preach that. Sounds like it's time to read a book, search the net, or talk to some Muslims to learn the real deal.

The Taliban is more of a tribe than a religion. Even if you consider them a religion, they're a ridiculous offshoot comparable to the KKK being an offshoot of Christianity.

I'm amazed there are people who still have these misconceptions. Literally boggles my mind.

Q
qaz Offline
Q
Speaking of the KKK, does anyone know who, currently in Congress, was once a member of the KKK and has a (D) after his name?

Brian

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin Rempe:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sleeper:
[b]Not so fast there Catholic, I seem to remeber your church doing some mighty nasty things back in the 17th and 18th century, not to mention the current stand your religion has on Protestans.
I wasn't alive then, an neither were any of the other Catholics alive today. Let it go man. What type are you? I've got plenty of information on everything. I have a major in theology/world religions (too bad it's totally useless for me other than picking fun at all denominations, including my own).[/b]
BA from George Fox College in Biblical Studies, which means i could be a Priest if I wanted to.
Its only use to me, was to give me a well rounded education to go with my BS in Electrical Engineering (to be completed August of 2003).
As far as my religious association, I am a "Classic Metaphysician".
Does it really matter when the evil was purpotrated?
Come, 9-11 was so 9 months ago, give it up, its in the past.
The fact the evil happened at all is a sin.
Time does not heal all.
I'm not saying religion is bad, I'm saying those who twist it around for their own cause, usaually the zealots (like the Taliban/Osama Bin Laden/The Crusades/ Nazis), give religion a bad name and taint the weak minded with it.
I don't think religions should try to force their beliefs on others.
Religion should be a personal experience.

1997 GL Sport MTX,
Soon to be the fastest proven Zetec around.
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by BlacknBlue:
One more for the road:

...If god is all knowing, he knows what he
would have to do to make me believe he
exists, and he would know that what he has
shown so far isn't good enough for me. If god
is all powerful, he would be able to do it. And
if god is all good, he would want me to believe
in him, especially if he condemns me to
eternal torture for the petty crime of not
believing without adequate evidence.
...If god wants me to believe, he will have to
give me a reason to. Since he hasn't, I
conclude he doesn't exist. And if he punishes
me because he wouldn't show himself to
me, then he is guilty for my punishment.

End Quote
If God was physically standing right in front of you, you still wouldn't believe. He could prove all of the mysteries of the universe, work miracles before your eyes, and explain the details of life to you and you still wouldn't belive.

In 33 AD the Pharisees had God right in front of them in the form of His Son, explaining the details of life, working miracles before their eyes and explaining the mysteries of the universe and they didn't believe. They had the Old Testament propheies about the coming of God's Son and they still didn't recognize Him when He was standing right in front of them.

What makes you think you would believe in God if was standing in front of you? You have already made up your mind not to believe.

It is your free will that allows you the opportunity to either belive or not to believe in God. God isn't going to force you one way or the other.

E
Eli Offline
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Icey Mike:
Religion is a bad subject to talk about - period! It brings out the worst in people - period.
i've found that religion brings out extremes in people - the worst and the best... unfortunately, the worst is a lot more vocal than the best...

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin Rempe:
I've got plenty of information on everything. I have a major in theology/world religions (too bad it's totally useless for me other than picking fun at all denominations, including my own).[/QB]
out of curiousity, do you have any dirt on buddhists? they seem like a nice bunch.

96 Contour SE, MTX
2 Pioneer 12"s in a bandpass box
2 5x7 Pioneer Plates
2 Stock Speakers
600 watts of blistering radioshack power
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by JaTo:

I'd say it's a mix of things. Lack of education, far too much racial/ethnic/tribal tensions, simple minds and having too many motivational and influential nutcases passing themselves off as holy men. I'm sorry, but the Middle-East is no longer the bastion on knowledge that it was 800-1000 years ago. Culturally it's stagnated over the years in many ways, which hasn't helped matters.

Regards,
I would have to agree on this one. Just my $.02

14.72@ 92.6 mph
www.modularV8.com

"CLUTCH KILLER" and also recently known as the DRIVETRAIN KILLER
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Eli:
Quote:
Originally posted by Icey Mike:
[b]Religion is a bad subject to talk about - period! It brings out the worst in people - period.
i've found that religion brings out extremes in people - the worst and the best... unfortunately, the worst is a lot more vocal than the best...[/b]
My sentiments exactly!

1997 GL Sport MTX,
Soon to be the fastest proven Zetec around.
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by qaz:
Speaking of the KKK, does anyone know who, currently in Congress, was once a member of the KKK and has a (D) after his name?

Brian
That's an easy one: Bobby Byrd

Brinn Riley
Melbourne, FL
'00 Black/Tan SVT Contour #560
B
B
It is apparent that Stephen F. Roberts makes his assertions based upon the pre-concieved notion that there is no god. However as Chad had said earlier his ignorance is showing through, to say with absolute certainty that god dosen't exist requires that you know absolutely everything about everything. Not likely.

God has not condemned these kids to die. Where does anybody get off saying that? That shows a great misunderstanding of God.

Example: God says to people at creation, this is the way things are. They leave, have full knowledge of him, and his creation. They eventually decide they don't want to be accountable in their lifetime to God, so they leave him, and disobey. They then don't tell their children. Their children don't tell their children, who inturn don't tell theirs. That is how you get an entire country that does not beleive.

Lets look at America for a moment. Our parents, or their parents somewhere down the line have decided that they no longer want to be accountable. . They realize that as long as people preach the gospel, their conscience will not rest. They can not sleep easy at night have christians talking about God. So they make every effort to try and remove God from public life. As if that were possible. They structure the education system in such a fashion as to teach us what to think, not how. Not logically, not using our senses, but teaching us the opposite. Don't beleive what can be measured, instead, we need you to beleive in evolution. That is a serious joke. Once it has been finally removed from our instituions, it will be viewed as the biggest hoax/fraud ever in the history of the entire world.

We need to teach kids to think logically. Spontanious generation. IX-NEY. Does not happen. Scientists will tell you that over and over again. But there are those ignorant ones who claim that it does.

Lets get real. Put the blame where it belongs. We as people are responsible for teaching others about God. If you choose not to beleive, don't cry when the evidence is not in your favour. Touching back on Roberts' quote about God condemning those kids. Their parents parents, and on and on, back through the generations, are to blame for that. Not only that, but the people themselves are also to blame. LOOK AROUND YOU. Information theory is incredibly simple to understand, and to see. These people, including ourselves, are responsible for the choices we make. Information theory is just one of many proofs of an intelligent creator. If we purposly ignore that knowledge for something else (whatever that may be)
- we came from a turtle
- we evolved
- we rose up out of the nile on an alligator
- we don't really exist, nothing really exists. grin.. the list goes on.. Please people....

We run the risk of having a world the way it is today. Messed up. Not originally designed this way, but being this way as a result or our free will and past poor choices.
God is not some Cosmic Santa Claus that jumps into the world when their is trouble. He has given us free will. People that exercise that free will can do as they please. He will not always intervene. The point is he has given us the free will, if he constantly intervened it would be pointless to have free will, because only our good choices would be allowed.

Currently: 2002 ztw focus wagon, black, manual. Yippee it sucks!!

blitzkrieg53@hotmail.com
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard