Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#325476 05/28/02 11:59 PM
S
Shaun G Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi...

I'm in the process of trying to find a job and was wondering how everyone on CEG got theirs.

Thanks and please be honest.

S
S
actually i just walked in a signed some papers then when i graduated they shipped me away!!!

ooh rah, marine corps!!

'95 Tour LX
ZETEC MTX
TOO MANY MODS TO LIST ANYMORE!!
http://www.geocities.com/marine113

Best mod ever to my tour: A Beautiful passenger seat filler, that is my Beautiful Girl!!
F
F
Nothing above applies or to many apply,

I've known people and they got me on the inside track.

Headhunter, surprisingly, got me an internship while in college.

Interviews through the Careeer center at college, following up on those and writing thank yous for interviews.

Being in the Silicon Forest with so few opportunites up there in PDX, you may have to broaden your search if your willing to move. I know there is a big glut of IT/computer people out there with very few opportunites.

I am in Silicon Valley and people here have resorted to wearing billboards and handing out resumes at Giants games. Unemployment in Oregon sux across the board but us in the SV are running 7.5% because of the dot-bombs and all the other related tech layoffs. actually rose in April, seems like things are not getting all that better for those unemployed.

Best of luck

B
B
Need to add more options. How I got my job was, the company called me cause i filled out an ap like 6 months previous, and a friend put in a good word for me. So they called and offered me a job!

S
Shaun G Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Bruce...sounds like your friend got you your job.

F
F
college career development center.
they get all sorts of companies to come in and do initial interviews.
dropped my resume in the respective company folders, signed up for a date and time, did tons of interviews on campus, got called back for 5 second interviews (at company premises), got 3 offers, accepted one.
voila.

Kim
2001 Mercury Cougar C2
1995 Contour GL
Quote: Originally posted by shotwell:
Yeah, I keep checking too. I'm afraid that just as the site goes down my car will burst into flames or something (knocking rapidly on wood)!
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by Shaun G:
Bruce...sounds like your friend got you your job.
Yeah you are probably right!!! :p laugh

S
Shaun G Offline OP
OP Offline
S
frenchblueC2..hmmm

College career development center is close enough to an employment agency for me.

thanks

D
D
no kidding, i was driving home from church, had to pee, stopped at a car lot, talked to the owner for 4 hours, bought the car lot the next day!!!! i have owned it for 12 years and still love it. the business is almost paid for and both of my sons graduated this month. one from university of houston,law and one from baylor baptist university. woo hoo!!! soon to be debt free since i just got a huge raise. no more tuition!!! if you have kids, start saving for college because you do not have enough money!!!! laugh

T
T
I gave out 25 sexual favors to the human resources department.

Go Braves!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard