Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
driven Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Somebody used a computer logged on under my name to view several unsavory sites, and now I can't get them out of my autocomplete in MSN. This is a business computer, so everyone who searches for words starting with those letters are going to think BAD things about me. Don't need to get fired over some stupid joke. Does anyone know of any way to delete or make them go away. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

'00 T-red SVT
'89 Dodge Raider
'01 Isuzu VX
L
Lee Offline
L
Have you gone to "Tools" --> "Internet Options"

Then under the History Section click "Clear History" I'm not sure it it clears auto complete.

The other way of gettign there is "Start" --> "Settings"---> "Control Panel"

Lee Cox
In life begins responsability...
Project Car
G
G
Either that or you can delete them from the drop down in the addy bar by highlighting and hitting "delete".

1991 GVR4
Lots of mods done.
R
R
Depending on your OS you should be able to go into Taskbar Settings and clear the recent documents. This will also clear you IE drop down. Should also go into IE and delete your history.

Ryan French

98 Mystique Duratec Sport(KKM, Custom Exhaust, debadged/dedinged, Tinted, A4 sidemarkers(clear), Bodycolor grill...Suspension is next.)

00 ZX3 Zetec Limited Edition(nothing)
D
driven Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Did the click on addy bar and delete. Won't let you do this to the top bar. Apparently any sites you type in are there for good. Please tell me otherwise. Thanks for the fast replies.

'00 T-red SVT
'89 Dodge Raider
'01 Isuzu VX
-
-
START/SETTINGS/CONTROL PANEL,clck on the internet options icon,click on the content tab,under personal information click the auto complete tab and uncheck what you dont want to be auto completed,this will prevent any future auto completes if you so wish.Then click the clear forms button and all of your auto completes will be removed. wink
Is this what you wanted?

Howard
1998 Silverfrost SVT #1612
June mods:
17" ADR RS Limited Limix Wheels
with 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS Sports
J
Joe Offline
J
Sure, sure. I got pretty embarrassed when "Wil Wheaton dot" net kept showing up in my auto completes.

BTW, Wil Wheaton rulez.

Joe, 98 GL sport (V6 MTX)

Link Copied to Clipboard