Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 34 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 33 34
T
T
Again, an evolutionist looks at a statement, and sees nothing of what is really there, and only what he wants to be there, so that it will fit his preconcieved notions...
Once you have this program... as eluded to in my last post, once this program comes together over millions of years of chance... what use is the program... Remember, nature doesn't have a computer to run it on. It mearly has the required letters, to have a program.

Then, we move on to mutation. If we take a complex program, perhaps adobe is a better choice to pick than a microsoft program... and we reverse compile, then change a few letters in a random order, to simulate radiation, or other mutation, then we recompile the program, do you really expect it to run more efficiently, or better than the original.. This sounds like pseudoscience to me. A term evolutionists are well aware of, and continually claim creationists use.. We are aware of the laws of nature. Something does not come from nothing. Cause and effect. However, most ardent evolutionists have made up their minds, and are not interested in being bothered with the facts. Don't confuse me with the facts they say. I beleive that something can come from nothing. I beleive that in stark direct contrast to the second law, things are always getting better. The universe is getting better. Things are evolving "read, whatever we want into that" and only an ignorant person would beleive that evolution can't be true.

People.... if evolution is so true, then why are you scared to bring out arguements into the light of day, and have them looked at, and poured over by people of differing mind. Only something that is not verifiable need be hidden from people, and kept from oposition. Creationists have nothing to hide. We may not every scientific model of every last historical event planned yet, but a close look at cutting edge scientific research by the likes of Dr. Russel Humphreys at los alamos research facility points to an ice age happening shortly after the flood. Another shows meteorites hitting the earth and causing a "run-away plate subduction". These are models that are open to everyone to see. I dont understand why, if you are so well versed in evolution, you can't bring out the evidence. You want us to bring out the evidence... You pose questions to us, and mock our answers, but our questions go unanswered. I guess some people's faith in their beleif is so much that they have no answers. And when science, theory, measuring, testing, retesting, and subjecting to laws comes into place they are simply nowhere to be found. Claiming refuge among these "seattle boing assembly plants" full of evidence.

Well, ignorance is bliss.. I guess you have the market cornered.

Andre

95 Bmw 318
Port & Polish
Manifold back Exhaust
Koni Struts, Apex dropped springs
Pioneer Premiere Tunes all around
M
M
What if C-A-T spelled.............DOG? :p

I'm done with this topic....but thanks for playing!!!!

95 Mystique LS Young America edition, V6, MTX, Yeah...it's stock. Now with new underhood wiring!!! My Profile
Moderator of the Florida Contour Enthusiast Group
S
S
Hmmm. I see things have degraded a bit.
I don't want to "fuel" the flames here, but if I'm not mistaken haven't a great many of the religious beliefs oh, "swayed" as time has gone on? I mean at what point in time did the masses for the most part stop taking ALL the Bible's stories as "absolute truths!!"? Not all, but a great many of you have no problem now saying; "Well, not EVERYTHING contained in there is to be considered as ACTUALLY happening like that. You all know, the more, shall we say "spectacular" events described in the book. Do you guys think that 500, or 1000 years ago that was the case? At what point, as the years go on is it deamed okay to kind of sweep that part [fill in blank]
under, what, jurnalistic license?

Someone stated that the evolutionists "mold things" to suit their arguments. Please, you can't be seriously saying that creationists haven't been. And for probably much longer. The thing is, it seems to me anyway, that evolutionary study is constantly advancing as more and more is discovered, and technology improves. Correct me if I'm wrong, but science changes discoveries as "new" info comes to light. How are creationists "discovering" changes to things so "painstakingly" documented over the centuries?
Bad spelling? When it was written, wasn't EVERY word .....true???? confused

blk.99svt
n.e.Ohio
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups...
T
T
Scooby, you are actually perpetuating an old myth. In fact, the Bible is the most accurately preserved ancient writing known to man. The oldest known manuscripts of books of the bible have been translated more truly than, say, The Oddessey(sp?), which is quite a bit younger than the Bible.
I for one take every word as truth... there is no other option, for if the first verse is incorrect, what good is the rest of the book?

Ride: 2000 T-red SE
Beats: Kenwood 316S, Alpine MRF200, Orion XTR 6.2, Coustic 400SE
Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
A
A
Quote:
In fact, the Bible is the most accurately preserved ancient writing known to man. The oldest known manuscripts of books of the bible have been translated more truly than, say, The Oddessey(sp?), which is quite a bit younger than the Bible.
I for one take every word as truth... there is no other option, for if the first verse is incorrect, what good is the rest of the book?
You have taken every word for the truth, but that does not make it true. You say the Bible is the most accurately book to man. How do you know?? [B]All[B] stories including the bible change over time. I may not have all the knowledge or know big words but I just can't accept a religion or God that would allow people to lynch, and hang and murder in his name. That is just not right. I know we all make are own path etc.. but you are telling me that God allows people to choose their path to hell?? I know I said this should not be allowed on this message board, but I find this very interesting the people would have faith in something this is so corrupted and that has caused so many deaths in the past.

-Antonio

99' SVT
86' Toyota Pickup Beater - Tha Daily Driver
T
T
Antonio... Hey.. haven't heard anything from you yet.. good to see another face...(proverbially i mean)

as for your beleif though...lynch murder, and steal in his name.. what do you mean... and don't say the crusades.. what the catholic church has done in the last 1500 hundred years, and pawned off as christianity makes my stomach turn.

You can't say that all people that claim to be christian, including catholics, are...
(not that you can't have a christian catholic..)

I don't say that all Americans love bombs and killing and blowing up buildings just because timothy mcveigh obviously does/did (Not debating his guilt or innocence, merely assuming the courts made the right choice.)

Andre

95 Bmw 318
Port & Polish
Manifold back Exhaust
Koni Struts, Apex dropped springs
Pioneer Premiere Tunes all around
T
T
Quote:
but you are telling me that God allows people to choose their path to hell??
According to the Bible, God created us and gave us our own free will to do what we see fit. This is why we suffer pain and ultimately die. According to the Bible....

Of course, our god is a loving and benevolent god.....but he will strike you down with floods and plages if you defy him! The same god who teaches us to turn the other cheek also teaches an eye for an eye. Pointing out inconsistancies, while very amusing, is not the point of this post however...nor do I see it helping anything. I'm glad to see people debating something, keeping their minds sharp. I'm always glad to hear other people's views on how the world works. I think from this point on though i'm just going to be a fly on the wall....

1999 Silver Frost SVT
#609 of 2760
Born on 12/3/98

KKM Intake
Removed Resonator
35% Window Tint all around
Tinted Tail Lights
ElKy Mesh Grilles
HID

Dyno'ed at 175.3HP/155.5TQ

"How much must I live through just to get away..."
A
A
Quote:
Antonio... Hey.. haven't heard anything from you yet.. good to see another face...(proverbially i mean)

as for your beleif though...lynch murder, and steal in his name.. what do you mean... and don't say the crusades.. what the catholic church has done in the last 1500 hundred years, and pawned off as christianity makes my stomach turn.

You can't say that all people that claim to be christian, including catholics, are...
(not that you can't have a christian catholic..)

I don't say that all Americans love bombs and killing and blowing up buildings just because timothy mcveigh obviously does/did (Not debating his guilt or innocence, merely assuming the courts made the right choice.)
All I am saying the majority of all deaths, wars etc.. Have been done in the name of God. I know this is alittle of topic, but I still don't understand how God could allow these things to continue to happen. I really believe man created the whole bible thing to give control over the masses to a certain few. The bible is a very good story( and yes I have read it) That is all it is. Now if you can't believe we evolved. How can you believe we were created from a "all knowing" being? confused I think they are both one in the same. Way out there for the human mind to comprehend. There are some many thoughts in my head about this subject, but I don't know how to type them out. mad

-Antonio

99' SVT
86' Toyota Pickup Beater - Tha Daily Driver
C
C
Ok guys, I hate to be the one who says this, but this isn't the thread to be talking about theology, branches of Christianity, who is God, etc. (That could be another 11 pages)

Let's try to stick to Evolution vs. Creation, because apparently some people don't even understand our arguments yet. :rolleyes:

Chad Purser
'98 Silver SVT
Mostly Stock
W
woz Offline
W
Please pardon my english it's my third language.

Just remember the earth is the center of the Universe and is also by the way flat. People were also burned to death because they did not agree with the church.

If your going to attack the use of carbon to date object please do not use referance(s) more than 30 yeas old like the computer this tech has advanced much in the last 30 years. I would also suggest the use of information from the 1980's or better yet the 1990's. To disregard evolution and all the facts supportig it is to disregard the one thing that we all should have (or most of us) the ability to think, or did we only get that after eating the apple?

But lets be honest the real goal of this topic is not if Darwin was correct or wrong but if the bible may have a very small flaw.. and if it is flawed, then it's a work of man not God and if it's a work of man the we must start thinging for ourselves..

Lets explore that thought for a moment.. Since it's much harder to prove that Darwin was correct or not lets just prove that the world is older than 5,000 years. There is very, very stong evidance to this point. In any event who is correct there are only two ways that this conversation can go..

1. The bible is correct = all or alomost all science it discredited because it is all based on logic and deduction and to prove (or think) that the world is only 5,000 years old attacks the very foundations of this. (When was the last time you took a strong pain killer, that drug is based off of the same scientific deductions)

2. The bible is proved to be incorrect and work of man = some people who use religion as a cruch need to start thinking for them selves.

Since there has been very much useless data so I will post some also, Dougles Adams, Hichhikers Guide to tha Galaxy. vol 1.

Mr Admams make a very good point. Since God must try to keep man from proving he was real. If man were to ever proved that God was real, not real or flawed then man must be supperior to God. In all three situatios man has no need for Gods rules because he (man) was able to prove or disprove god was real or that god was flawed man can do better on his own because he has proven himself better than God. (if you remove the entire after-life thag) And this my friends is true point of the entire converstion. That some people since they can not think for them selves use religion as a cruch or a drug and since it tells them the "real truth" if there is ever any incosistancy in the story the the black and white becomes gray and they must start thinking for them selves.

I wonder it there has ever been a study that looked to see what theory has changed the most evolution or the religion? Hmmm.. I wonder how many religions there are in the world for only one true god..? Hmmm. and why is this truth only a problem for some religions Hmmmm? Could the one true religion be incorrect?

Science = exploration for answers
Religion = removal or answers for the masses. Why do we the masses need to think?

If that offends you then just grab some rocks and stone me like they used to do in gods name.

PS> I gave up catholisim for lent

Woz
2000 Contour SVT #136
Black with Blue leather
30% Window tint all around
PS: I hate my Ford Dealer
Page 27 of 34 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard