Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#301113 08/01/02 01:45 AM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
Quote:
Originally posted by carrot_top:
[b]well he is claming that its on the tracks....
not according to the Email he sent me.[/b]
so what is he claiming ??

Red '97 GL Sport MTX
IVELISE

==================================
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of liberty." John F. Kennedy
#301114 08/01/02 03:11 AM
F
OP Offline
F
The pic of my old car was just to show you my old car realy. It wasn't to prove anything, it just looks cool.

also my car might not be totaly stock I was up under it today and noticed the place where a resinator is supposed to be and it just looked like a mesh flex pipe is this a res or not???

i also have a drop in K&N

#301115 08/01/02 03:29 AM
T
T
Well, it's time to call a spade a spade. Plain and simple, the Zetec is not a race engine. A quality engine, yes, but certainly not built for speed from a stop. Let's go through some of the silliness of this post:
A. What's an ATX?
B. "I dominate Honda's"- Quite frankly, and it pains me to say, a lightly modded Civic EX MTX only sees the Zetec in the rearview.
C. I just don't think it's likely at all that you're out there handing a 4.3 S10 it's ass. The math doesn't add up.
D. "I've been racing my old car since 15"-obviously on the street, as I know that no track is going to let a 15 year old even sniff the strip.

This is nothing personal, buddy. Just that some of the info you're spouting off smells worse than a dog fart.

BTW, what you saw was not the resonator. It looks like a long muffler and is located about where the front seats are.

EDIT-Slap my ass and call me Butterballs! 1000 posts!

Ride: 2000 T-red SE
Beats: Kenwood 316S, Alpine MRF200, Orion XTR 6.2, Coustic 400SE
Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
#301116 08/01/02 03:50 AM
F
OP Offline
F
wack hey but balls

thanks for the res info, My car does not have a res, and it does have a drop in K&N.
Guess it is not as factory as i thought, but those are not realy big mods either.

If this gets this post killed then so be it.

I cannnot main tain this sheraid any longer.

I may have lied about being on a track, but I did not lie about winning against the s-10 or others.

All races listed in 'tour have happend on back road in Georgia with a 1/4 mile marked off, this is why I cannot produce the stats you have requested.

It may not be leagel, but those few seconds are fun as hell!!!

sorry for the ruse but it was the only way to talk about racing on CEG.

#301117 08/01/02 03:54 AM
T
T
We just need to work on your wording (and spelling :p ). It's cool, though. I wasn't there, so I'm not going to sit here and call you a liar...

BTW, if you've never heard it before, street racing is bad and stupid. Even backroads. That just means help gets there slower. That said, get to work on that Zetec! wink

Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
#301118 08/01/02 04:10 AM
F
OP Offline
F
I am truly sorry for the improper usage and spelling that I have used in my posts. I type really fast and don't scrutinize it after posting. The back road is about 6 miles from the hospital, and I always go with my friend ChevyKilla from F150world.com 95 F-150 5.0 with an ass of mods. We take turns racing people. I know it's still not very safe but neither is driving on the interstate. cool

#301119 08/01/02 05:08 AM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Fastzetec2.0:
a resinator is supposed to be and it just looked like a mesh flex pipe is this a res or not???

i also have a drop in K&N
no, its a flex pipe, your you have 2 resonators one for the intake the other one the exhaust...the exhaust is around where the d/s back door is...

Red '97 GL Sport MTX
IVELISE

==================================
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of liberty." John F. Kennedy
#301120 08/01/02 06:03 AM
L
L
Quote:
Originally posted by T-red2000se:
Well, it's time to call a spade a spade. Plain and simple, the Zetec is not a race engine. A quality engine, yes, but certainly not built for speed from a stop. Let's go through some of the silliness of this post:
A. What's an ATX?
B. "I dominate Honda's"- Quite frankly, and it pains me to say, a lightly modded Civic EX MTX only sees the Zetec in the rearview.
C. I just don't think it's likely at all that you're out there handing a 4.3 S10 it's ass. The math doesn't add up.
D. "I've been racing my old car since 15"-obviously on the street, as I know that no track is going to let a 15 year old even sniff the strip.

This is nothing personal, buddy. Just that some of the info you're spouting off smells worse than a dog fart.

BTW, what you saw was not the resonator. It looks like a long muffler and is located about where the front seats are.

My modded Zetec only sees lightly modded Civic Ex MTX in the rearview. wink I should know my best friend has one. laugh

2000 Contour Zetec ATX
Hector
Mods...I got em'
"Contour grills, Contour bills, check out the oil my Contour spills."
2.SLO = 17.6 at 80mph
My profile
#301121 08/01/02 06:10 AM
Z
Z
Quote:
Originally posted by T-red2000se:
first let me say congrats... post whore... :p

Let's go through some of the silliness of this post:
A. What's an ATX?

answers
A: slush box

B: I will admit I don't dominate Honda's... and can he run a faster quarter time on a NHRA track?

C:I have never seen a S10 that was fast unless it had an OLD 350 under the hood. MOST S10's I have seen at the track run 17's and 18's
D: tracks around here won't let you race till you are 18

and I use to have a drop in K&N filter not exactly a performance increase over the stock paper one.

Joe Hartley
"yes I know it's a MTX Zetec but it beats having a ATX Duratec"

Champagne 96 GL MTX some mods
dynoed at 114.2whp and 124.4wtq (pre CTA intake)
16.858 @ 80.76mph (yes it's slow but still faster than D Davis)
AIM: ZetecRacing
My Site My Profile
#301122 08/01/02 11:12 AM
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by LoCo:
My modded Zetec only sees lightly modded Civic Ex MTX in the rearview. wink I should know my best friend has one. laugh [/QB][/QUOTE]
does the chip help THAT much from a stop?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard