Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
R
Anybody know if I could just drill holes? What about it hanging too low?, I gotta get this worked out before i get to hackin'.

"Wow, that sank fast." "Yeah, like a rock."
96 Contour GL ATX
9mm Ford Racing Wires; 2 Resonators down, 1 to go;"Special airbox"; many mods planned
Sony CD player: 50wattsx4;remote;
Speakers=50 watt Pioneer 6x8s
Ross Evans smile
C
C
hey man i got alot of pics about this...
emial me ...latinonly@yahoo.com
or pm me

the way i did mines was remove the box. take a new filter and use zip ties * what ever color you want * laugh i use 8 total...4 for the right side of the box and 4 for the left zip tie the filter to the top of the air box place the filter back in its place, i took the crankcase breather hose and put it some where that it was not kinked...
big differece from stock the only down fall is heat soak in FL is a bit(h...you might not have that problem....good luck

Later

Red '97 GL Sport MTX
IVELISE

==================================
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of liberty." John F. Kennedy
Z
Z
if you are really worried about it hanging too low just remove all of it but the back part near the engine to support it. hector knows how my car was running with just my modded air box and exaust... he did drive it after we both dynoed.

Joe Hartley
"yes I know it's a MTX Zetec but it beats having a ATX Duratec"

Champagne 96 GL MTX some mods
dynoed at 114.2whp and 124.4wtq (pre CTA intake)
16.858 @ 80.76mph (yes it's slow but still faster than D Davis)
AIM: ZetecRacing
My Site My Profile
C
C
are they talking about the filter hanging too low ? do they have the filter attached to the top of the air box ?

Later

Red '97 GL Sport MTX
IVELISE

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of liberty." John F. Kennedy
C
C
jermaine,Redcon96I4 you got mail...

Later

Red '97 GL Sport MTX
IVELISE

C
C
Redcon96I4,jermaine you PM's...

Later

Red '97 GL Sport MTX
IVELISE

L
L
Quote:
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
if you are really worried about it hanging too low just remove all of it but the back part near the engine to support it. hector knows how my car was running with just my modded air box and exaust... he did drive it after we both dynoed.
Yeah much better with the CTA intake. laugh

2000 Contour Zetec ATX
Hector
Mods...I got em'
"Contour grills, Contour bills, check out the oil my Contour spills."
2.SLO = 17.6 at 80mph
My profile
J
OP Offline
J
will removing the tubing from inside the fender the resonator or baffling or whatever it is help any. what is gained from removing it and will the air still go to the airbox

2000 SE Zetec ATX,17" Fundametal rims with 205-40-17 tires, Custom exhaust,Clarion dxz715 head unit, Pioneer 3way 6x8's,5" lcd TV, Pyle DVD/MP3/TV-Tuner cd player, clear headlight corners, side markers, headlight strobes,white guages,woodgrain kit,guage pods,
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by jermaine:
will removing the tubing from inside the fender the resonator or baffling or whatever it is help any. what is gained from removing it and will the air still go to the airbox
if you leave the stock box then you will see a difference but if you remove the box like we had talked about then it dont matter wheter you remove the resonator or not. i removed it couse i might put the box back on it...also when you do get a *real* open element you can snake a hose to the fender and to the filter * anybody got any pics* i would say remove it. its just adding weight laugh

Later

Red '97 GL Sport MTX
IVELISE

J
OP Offline
J
which is better to remove the airbox or to remove the stuff in the fender? which is louder

2000 SE Zetec ATX,17" Fundametal rims with 205-40-17 tires, Custom exhaust,Clarion dxz715 head unit, Pioneer 3way 6x8's,5" lcd TV, Pyle DVD/MP3/TV-Tuner cd player, clear headlight corners, side markers, headlight strobes,white guages,woodgrain kit,guage pods,
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard