Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#291805 06/06/01 03:57 PM
L
Laslo7 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Just checking before I buy my new cluster. I have a 96 mtx 2.0L. I want to put in a Cluster with a Tachometer. Does Ford use the same wiring harness for all the Contours? IE. Ones with a tach use the same as one without a tach.

I should also buy one from a mystique correct. Anything else I need to know?
I will be going to the salvage yard tomorrow so let me know.

Thanks

AJ Lemke
96 GL
2.0L Zetec
C
C
Make sure you ge it from the same year, and transmission type or it will not work right,the harness just plug right in the back of the cluster

L
Laslo7 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank You for the info.

I will be going to the yard tomorrow I will let you all know how it goes.

AJ Lemke
96 GL
2.0L Zetec
E
E
laslo7, if theres 2 in the yard pick one up for me, i'll make it worth your while

1995 2.0L Zetec GL ATX
-KKM Intake -AR "Spyder"wheels -Tints @15% -3A Racing 85W Fog Lights -Freedom Design wing -GTS Blackouts -6 x 8 Pioneer Speakers -Ventvisors -Sony headunit -Blue Focussport wires -Flowmaster 40 Series, 2" Pipes -No Resonator -Monza 3" tip -Blue Brake Calipers
J
J
It really shouldn't matter what engine you have or what transmission. The only difference would be if you have a V6 guage, the resistor on the back of the tach "may" I say MAY be different. Extremely easy to fix that by soldering in the correct resistor. The I4 is going to have the same resistor regardless of tranny. The only input into it is the tach wire. That's the only thing you have to see if you have. There aren't any extra/missing/different wires between the MTX and ATX.

HTH John

L
Laslo7 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Will I be able to make the mileage matchup that is my big concern. Any ideas?

AJ Lemke
96 GL
2.0L Zetec
B
B
But what about the other gauges. The tach should be no problem but the chepest pnael only has fuel and engione temp gauges. If you switch and get oil pressure/ volt etc I have no idea what wiring you will need. At the very least you would need to switch the sensors on the engine.
Bil D

E
E
Does anyone know if you can buy and instrument cluster new from the dealership? I called the Ford Dealership by my house b4 and he just gave me a hard time. He didn't understand why I would want to do this.

1995 2.0L Zetec GL ATX
-KKM Intake -AR "Spyder"wheels -Tints @15% -3A Racing 85W Fog Lights -Freedom Design wing -GTS Blackouts -6 x 8 Pioneer Speakers -Ventvisors -Sony headunit -Blue Focussport wires -Flowmaster 40 Series, 2" Pipes -No Resonator -Monza 3" tip -Blue Brake Calipers

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard