Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#286630 04/08/01 11:57 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Hello everyone. Just thought I'd post a note in here. I have a 95 Contour SE, 5sp, V6, and I live in Denver. It looks like I just missed a cool meeting of some CEGers in the area.

My car is basicly stock, I did put a after market stereo in it, but thats it.

My darn CEL has been coming on so I bought the code reader from Autozone, but have not had a chance to use it yet. Can anyone help out with the location of the EEC cable?

I quess I'll just throw out a couple questions here and see what happens.

1. Anyone know a good mechanic in the denver/aurora area? Nothings wrong now, but never hurts to ask.

2. What are the crome-ish strips on the front and rear bumpers called. Mine are in really bad condition, and I'd like to get them replaced, but am pretty much clueless.

OK, looking forward to hearing from you guys. Ltr

Pat Kennedy

-- 95 Contour SE 5spd --
-- No Mods --
#286631 04/09/01 02:32 AM
D
D
Hey Pat,
I'd like to say welcome. I'm sorry I can't help you out on your questions, but I'm sure someone here can! Hope to see you at some of our events!
-DD

2000 Silver SVT #1602
Check it out in the registry!
Mi Coche
#286632 04/09/01 05:25 AM
J
J
Welcome Pat.

I do all of the work myself but I'm in Colorado Springs.

The port for the pre OBDII systems is under the hood on the driver's side near the firewall/strut tower...IIRC

You've probably got a bad O2 sensor upstream. More than likely the primary #1 bank. It's the one closest to the engine. They're notorious for causing the problems. The code reader will tell you for sure.
The chrome strips on the front were taking off in 96 but the rear remained until 97. They then went with a different rear-end which is remained until the demise of our cars. In 98 they re-did the front end and that remained until the demise. I'd suggest just having the strip painted. Either remove it yourself by taking off the front bumper and getting at the tabs that hold the strip on and do it yourself, or take it to a shop.

HTH
John

[This message has been edited by jc-aimhigher (edited April 09, 2001).]

#286633 04/09/01 05:41 PM
B
B
How bad are your chrome strips? I used some metal polish to bring mine back to life. Try finding some "wadding polish" It looks like cotton and works great. Boat stores sell it way cheaper than auto part stores. Gets rid of oxidization and that haze that the strips seem to get from exposure to the elements.
Also, your car is a 95 (like mine) so you have OBD I, not OBD II. That means only 2 oxygen sensors, not four like the 96+ guys have. The front one is not that hard to replace, but the rear can be trickier, but again, nothing too terribly difficult. I think John is right about the EEC port location as well, but I'm not sure. I'll check my Haynes manual and get back to you on that one.
I have had good service so far from (believe it or not) John Elway Ford here in Boulder, but it may have just been a fluke. Allyn48 said that his dealer in Westminster (I forget the name right now) has been good to him as well. I'd like to find a good indepedent shop though, as the dealer rates can be a bit steep.
HTH

Alex in Boulder

#286634 04/09/01 06:56 PM
E
E
Hey Pat,

I think you're in the right place. It looks like we will be having the national meet here in CO this summer. Details being worked. Welcome to the CO-CEG!

Eric

#286635 04/09/01 11:26 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for the info guys. I would definitly be up for a meeting in the area. I'll also let everyone know how my code reading went.

Ltr

Pat Kennedy

-- 95 Contour SE 5spd --
-- No Mods --

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard