Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Welp,
I need some opinions on these tires. www.tirerack.com has them rated really well for snow use, but the guys at the Bridgestone dealership said they sucked.
What's the verdict? Luke? Mommy... confused

97' 2.5L Contour SE -T-Red
Midas exhaust (grr...), Sony CD player, K&N airfilter, Mobil One Synthetic Oil, removed intake resonator, modified MAF, in-fender CAI, painted grill, Platinum tipped NGK's.

I am looking for SVT E0's or E1's, SVT Upper & Lower Intake, SVT Throttle Body, and SVT Exhaust. If you are selling, e-mail me!
Ford4eva@hotmail.com
G
G
my vote would they probably would not be the greatest for snow use...i have the re910's..the 950's are the redesigned and upgraded tire...they work great in the rain and slush but they pack full of snow and get slippery...overall a great tire though...hope this helps

96 zetec gl.dynomax exhaust(self bent) KKM intake..Bridgestone Potenza RE-910's...other mods also
87' Ford Thunderbird..Now my daily driver ( the wife uses the contour mostly) true dual exhaust with the super mystery mod.(hey there not even there!) tinted windows and stereo upgrade. the $200 car is starting to be a great car
OP Offline
Of course it helps! All I'm looking for is opinions smile .
I might end up getting snow tires and steelies'. However, considering how well the RE950 scored in snow rating, I might end up getting a pair. I wish Luke would give some insight.
Once again, any opinions are greatly appreciated!

97' 2.5L Contour SE -T-Red
Midas exhaust (grr...), Sony CD player, K&N airfilter, Mobil One Synthetic Oil, removed intake resonator, modified MAF, in-fender CAI, painted grill, Platinum tipped NGK's.

I am looking for SVT E0's or E1's, SVT Upper & Lower Intake, SVT Throttle Body, and SVT Exhaust. If you are selling, e-mail me!
Ford4eva@hotmail.com
F
F
I have them on my Mystique and they work well in the snow. Also it probably snows as much here as it does there.

98 Mystique LS BLK V6 ATX and my bald head behind the wheel.
mods so far:
SVT Exhaust
215/60R15 Potenza RE950
Pioneer Premier DEH-P520 headunit with XM Radio
BNMotorsports gauges
KKM Intake
SVT side skirts
A pillar gauge pod with Volts, Oil Pressure. and A/F Ratio
T
T
If I were you I wouldn't get them, I had a set of them on, they lasted a whole 3 months, and in the snow they sucked. I am sure they'd be fine in the winter if they are new, but if you don't drive like a pu*sy then you will go through them like I go through rubbers on sheep, JK
I didn't think they handled on dry pavement that well either. Just my $.02
JW

C
C
I have the Potenza 910 on my tour and they handle fine in the amount of snow that we get here in CO, and in basically all the weather, so I would consider going w/ those over the 950's, for good snow and all weather performance. smile

Austin Brobst
1997 T-Red Contour SE
Bridgestone Potenza's RE 910
Painted Calipers (red)
Drop-in K&N filter
Aiwa CDC-X207 Deck
*Bad wrist pin-currently looking to get SVT engine

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard