Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
OP Offline
S
I want to get gauge pod with oil pressure,oil temp and vac. Where are the best location points on the engine.

Many thanks,

Mark

1998 Mystique LS, manual, 4 disc, SVT Intake, Borla SS Exhaust, Koni adj. Focus rims, Lotek Gauge Pod w/shift light, SS brake lines
D
D
MOE66 posted a how to and PICS of how to do this for the electrical guage but you can also hook up the Mechanical guage in the same location. This is where I connected mine at. For the oil temp. guage you might need a peformance shop do that so they can install the temp. guage in the oil pan. I don't know how too link his post to yours so this is where its at.

General Mods: Oil Pressure Guage Install
April 12, 2001 8:23PM

1996 V6 se mtx
KKM Intake
Superchip
Dual Exhaust
SVT Flywheel
BAT Intake Pipe
Guage Pod Pillar w/volt meter,oil temp. & oil pressure
Bullitt Fuel Door
dpa43@hotmail.com
T
T
FWIW the pan is one of the worst places to monitor oil temp as its usually at its coolest,I'd advise anywhere as close to the main oil gallery you can get,after or in the oil filter adaptor(if you have a remote filter mount)is a good place oil from the pan after the pump & just before it enters the main gallery.The pan is only useful if you want two temp senors,one for the cool oil & one for the 'feed oil' temps.As In race cars the temp in the dry sump tank is cooler than the internals of the motor.Your choice just my 2 cents!

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
F
F
When I get my money for gauges, I am going to get all electrical for my car, or at least try and find some kind of isolator to prevent running any lines inside the car. While these gauges are the best around (Auto Meter, etc.) I am still worried about the compression fitting not holding or having the nylon tubing crack and break and oil leaking inside the car. I know I am probably just paranoid, but electrical seems the way to go with things like these. Just my .02 worth.

D
D
I thought of that also but where I got the guages they had copper tubing instead of the plastic ones.

1996 V6 se mtx
KKM Intake
Superchip
Dual Exhaust
SVT Flywheel
BAT Intake Pipe
Guage Pod Pillar w/volt meter,oil temp. & oil pressure
Bullitt Fuel Door
dpa43@hotmail.com
T
T
Copper lines 'work harden' and have more chance of cracking/fracture than hi temp teflon style piping...sorry!

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
R
R
After install of MSDS Vortech-spec headers, I installed a remote oil-filter and oil-cooler system. As Terry said, it is quite easy to put the oil temp sender in the system. Just get the remote filter mount with dual inlets and outlets. You can use one of the extra ports for the sender. I also took the time to run a line from the stock oil-pressure switch location up to a tee fitting and mounted the Autometer electric oil-pressure sender to one side of the tee and the oem switch to the other side. This way I get the best pressure reading (I believe Terry suggests this location vs. the one on the head) and still get the warning light.

98 evo 0 SVT
#2999 of 6535
Silver Frost/Midnight Blue
Lotsa bolt-ons
T
T
Good stup Randyj wink

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
M
M
I just recently hooked up my Electrical Oil Pressure Gauge. I used an Oil Pressure Gauge Tube Kit from Auto Zone to be able to move the sending unit to a better location. My only problem now is that on cold startups my gauge idles at 75 and goes past the 100 with some gas. Once it warms up everything goes to normal. Any suggestions?

98' Black Contour Sport GL Zetec ATX
KKM;No Res;Dynomax Muffler;Custome pedal kit;Custom ATX shifter;A-Pillar Gauge Pod w/Voltmeter,A/F Ratio,Oil Pressure Gauges;Side Markers;Zetec and Limited Edition Emblems;Custom Headlamp & Taillight covers;Tinted windows;Ram Air Induction into KKM;Front Strut Tower Brace;Custom Upper and Lower Mesh grills;885 Fog lamp bulbs;Rear Dome light;Ventshades;Remote Start;Headlamp & Taillamp Strobes;Stereo system

matthewbounds@hotmail.com
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by matthewbounds:
My only problem now is that on cold startups my gauge idles at 75 and goes past the 100 with some gas. Once it warms up everything goes to normal. Any suggestions?

sounds exactly like mine.....i thought that it was normal

www.shox.com Dealer
Koni's 135 a piece
Eibach's 190 a set
KYB's 70 a piece
H+R's 225 a set

see profile for website, aol name, etc
Business:WestEndMobil@yahoo.com
Personal:Corey_pimp1@yahoo.com
1998.5 SCSVT ($16000 takes it)
2001 GSXR-1000
1988 Corsica (the beater)