Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SVTSTS Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I'll be there Thursday and Friday campaigning either a turbocharged Miata or a Roush Cobra in Street Mod 2. I'll be class fodder in either car because they are both very streetable cars and thus not competitive for the overall win. But I will be there having a blast at the 30th Anniversary Solo II Nationals in Topeka. cool I hope to see others of the CEG there.

Respectfully,
Andy Hohl

J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by SVTSTS:
I'll be there Thursday and Friday campaigning either a turbocharged Miata or a Roush Cobra in Street Mod 2. I'll be class fodder in either car because they are both very streetable cars and thus not competitive for the overall win. But I will be there having a blast at the 30th Anniversary Solo II Nationals in Topeka. cool I hope to see others of the CEG there.

Respectfully,
Andy Hohl
I've got this little detail in my life called a job wink

And since I've taken off time for SpringZing and the National Meet, plus, hopfully soon a trip to AZ with the Contour (can I borrow yours if I need my fix laugh ) and wifey wanting to go to Disney over Thanksgiving.

So now I've given my litany of excuses, I won't be there, but hope that you have a lot of fun and maybe you will bring home one of those fancy coffee mugs I've seen at some motor sports events.

TB

Tony Boner
Personal: 98cdw27@charter.net Work: tony.boner@sun.com
Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru http://www.sun.com
1998 Contour SVT Pre-E1 618/6535 Born On Date: 4/30/1997
Now with Aussie Bar induced mild oversteer.
E
E
Well I may be going in a MR2 smile that is tentitive..
but I will go and Co-drive just about anything. smile

99 Cougar V6 Tourmaline Green: MTX, KKM, Borla Dual...
V
V
Hey I'll be taking the Contour SE from Hell to Nationals! I was heading up there to check it out
and figured there is no seat to watch a race better than the drivers seat!! Also since it is the 30 th year party and it will be in 70's style
how can the newest FOGEY(Fast Old Guys Emasculating Young-uns), miss this!!!
( Side note: if you really ran around in the 70's you don't rember alot! so we have to do these type
of things to see what is was like!) But anyway
Good people, Good Car, Good racing sounds like
one Hell of a party!!
See you all there!
Vern Kilburn
STS 50
Texas region

T
T
I am still waffling back and forth on this. I would love to go, and have the vacation time; however, I took a ride in a well prepped FM Solo Vee a couple weeks ago, and that totally upended my Solo II universe. I am now attempting to acquire one of these cars, plus trailer, plus tow vehicle. Doing so will likely mean Topeka is out. Decisions, decisions...

The Mark
#464 of 6535
A Few GS-ish mods
S
SVTSTS Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The Mark,
Go to Topeka this year, the winter is for next year projects like a Solo Vee (been there done that laugh laugh laugh laugh cool ) If you thought Peru was big as far as participants, try 1250 cars for the 4 days. And you need to see the CP folks, what a great place to be on a Friday. Hope to see you there.

Respectfully,
Andy Hohl

S
S
Not me, sorry I didn't get a chance to reply to your sway bar comment a while back SVTSTS...been out of town. Welcome to FOGEY, Vern. Enjoy trip to AZ, Tony...I love I-40 west of Tuscon. Eric and Mark, don't blame either of you for not wanting to be Celica GT fodder. Other cars and classes, I think, are less competitive than the stock classes. I paid my $55 for SCCA memebership back in February, but they never sent in paperwork, and I have never been, anyway. Too much bench racing leaves you discouraged. confused Good luck to those going.

Fastest Contour at SZ 2002 Auto-X. 10th in PAX out of 125. CEO of FOGEY(Fast Old Guys Emasculating Young-uns), Inc. Terry Haines, Chairman, Senior V.P.s: (alphabetical)JavaContour, Jet Mech, MFE, SeicoRacing, SVTSTS, Vern Kilburn. If your not a member, yet, wait a few years. I'm not just the CEO, but I'm a member, too. Working with the rank and file to get the job done right!

Historical:
63 TVR (1K in 74), 75 TR-7 (paid cash new), 79 RX-7 (zoom,zoom), 81 RX-7GSL (autobahn-driven),82 Mustang GT (autobahn-driven), 85 Mustang GT (SE Division F Stock Solo II Champ), 86 MR-2 (3rd SE Division D Stock), 88 Civic DX (had 1st born and still owned MR2) 92 Sentra SE-R (all go and no show), 98 EO SVT Contour (FTD SZ 2002). 02 Altima 3.5SE 5 spd!!!

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard