Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
T
I'm glad that Shaun is happy thus far with the package. We went through UPS hell on some replacement pads and hoses. I sent him pads for the Superlites by mistake and he needed the NDL pad instead...my mistake. And is really cost him time. I appoligize profusely for the inconvenience.

The rotors are in fact installed correctly. The inner vane point back to draw out the air from the center to the outer diameter. When they are drilled this alternates the holes in the opposite direction.

The fit of the smaller NDL caliper is of his own choice, but braking should not be compromised much except at the most extreme levels perhaps. Keep in mind that the entire product line for this car is aimed more towards the street performance enthusiast than the all out racer. For those who need or want 'more' the fitting of perhaps the Superlite Six and the proper pads (inlcuding better pads for the NDL) can help 'tune' the kit to your needs. While this is not a race car I firmly believe that we can enhance the performance of your car and do it at a reasonable cost. Like many products, the limits of such things are simply tied to your wallet!

J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by LoCo:
Beautiful brakes. I WANT SOME! But then again $1K plus another +$1K for new 17" rims. frown
)

You could always buy the Focus SVT Rims for $500. Not too shabby.

'99 Contour SE V6 w/MTX (Black Clearcoat)
'02 Dakota 4.7L V8 2WD X-Cab (Flame Red Clearcoat)
J
J
Simply Marvelous! wink

Your one BIG brake loving guy aren't you!
eek

Justin
1998 Black SVT
jcboeckl@unity.ncsu.edu
S
Shaun G Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by jcboeckl:
Simply Marvelous! wink

Your one BIG brake loving guy aren't you!
eek
There is nothing like having a really cool looking mod that acutally does something.

J
J
Not to mention one which can potentially save your life wink

And thats not a bad price at all...compared to kits I have seen for other cars.

Justin
1998 Black SVT
jcboeckl@unity.ncsu.edu
B
B
If you increase your stopping power dramatically in the front as Shaun has done, wouldn't the rear end -proportionately- provide less of the stopping friction then?
And if that's the case, isn't there a concern that during extreme braking the rear end might be more lively or loose than the stock setup due to increased nose dive?

I'm not trashing this mod in the least. I'm sure it provides awesome stopping ability. Just wondering about handling characteristics under extreme braking and how they are affected.

Brian Dors
99 SVT

D
D
The rears only contribute about 20 to 30% of the
braking 'power'....

1999 Black SVT #2639/2760 on 08/11/1999; w/18" OZ Racing Superleggera's, Yoko Paradas.
MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, Borla,KKM,chipped,DMD,Baer 13" Track rotors.
Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP RSB
S
Shaun G Offline OP
OP Offline
S
70% of you braking comes from the front brakes so as long as the rears don't lock up you'll be fine. They are much much less prone to fade.

Trail braking is best left to the professionals.

B
B
Yes Dan, I'm aware of that statistic.

So let's just use 20% as the number for a stock setup. That means with Wilwoods, maybe you're now at 15%; just a guess, but the point is, it will be less. And because it's less, during braking in a corner, the car will exhibit more oversteer tendencies.

Just stating a fact. It shouldn't be enough to be scary/dangerous, but I'd imagine it would be noticeable. Might even make it easier to blast through short corners be power sliding. wink

D
D
yes, only one way to find out!...tough to find
that open space to experiment where I live though....

1999 Black SVT #2639/2760 on 08/11/1999; w/18" OZ Racing Superleggera's, Yoko Paradas.
MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, Borla,KKM,chipped,DMD,Baer 13" Track rotors.
Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP RSB
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard