Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Does anyone have this brake pads? I'm planning on getting a set for the front and rear, but was wondering if the are good before I spend $79 for each set. They say this pads don't produce tons of brake dust. So just wondering.

Shaun
2000 Silver Frost Contour SVT
#322 of 2150
Born: 11/16/99
Mesh Grills
Painted Interior (silver)
Custom Decals
35% Mirror Tint
KKM Intake (with custom heat shield)
more mods coming soon!!!!!!!
F
F
I like them but they ate my stock rotors alive!! Less dust though.

Chad Williams
chad5160@excite.com
'99 SVT Frost Silver #812 of 2760 Born on Jan. 12, 1999
R
R
I have them on the front of my car along with the EBC rotors from Tire Rack. They are a great improvement over stock. I am putting them on the rear as soon as my slotted rotors arrive from Precision Brakes. Tire Rack said that EBC does not make rotors for the rear of our cars.

96 Black SE
2.5L V6 ATX
B
B
EBC do a drilled and groved rear rotor in the uk if its any help.

MODS so far

Engine:
K&N 57i Kit, IAT Mod, B&M Quick Shift Kit, H&R Lowering Kit, Powerflow Twin exit exhaust, 18" BK Racing Wheels

ICE
Alpine CDA-7876RB , Alpine DVD Navi, Alpine CHA-S624 Changer, Alpine Versatile Link Box, M-station(NEO) MP3 Juke Box, Pheonix Gold PLD1 Line Driver x2, Pheonix Gold XS 2500 Amp, Pheonix Gold XS 4600 Amp, Pheonix Gold Eq215ix EQ, Pheonix Gold Zero Point Cables, Pheonix Gold Diagnostic Display, Stinger 1 Farad Monitor top Cap, 3x JL 10W3 Subs, Focal 165K2 6.5? components all round, Snooper S5 Radar Detector

Comming Soon
SVT TB and UIM
Anything for more power!!
C
C
I bit the bullet and did AutoSpecialty rotors and Green Stuff pads all the way around, all at the same time.

Stopping on my SVT improved a TON, especially in wet weather. I can't say how much the pads had to do with it vs. the rotors, but I CAN say it's the best thing I've done to the 'tour.

She's just a daily driver, so I can't speak for track use. Oh, and a nice side benefit-- no brake dust anymore.

callmecam2@hotmail.com
"You might be a king, or a little street sweeper ... but sooner or later, you dance with the Reaper! Yeah, get down with my bad self."
S
S
The Pads are awesome, but they will eat the factory rotors alive. Ford is replacing my rotors after only 3 months on the Greenstuff pads, although I am very hard on brakes. Oh, the rotors were new when I put the EBC pads on. Make sure you order the correct ones for your car. The ones I orginally recieved (From TireRack) only fit the 99.5 and earlier cars. The pads for the 99.5's and 2000's are the same as the standard Contour/Cougar. I think BAT Inc has a good picture of the difference in pads.

http://www.4113pittsburg.com/Automobiles/ContourSVT/Default.asp

2000 CSVT

J
J
Greenstuffs are good for street, but track use sees about 4 half-hour sessions before they're at the backing plates.

JasonS
2000 Silver Frost SVT
#1119 of 2150
Eibach Springs / Corbeau Forza II Seat / TRW Sabelt 5-point belts / Pegasus Brake Ducts / Braided Steel Brake Lines/KVR pads / Black SVT Rims / Mirko Racing Front Airdam / Clear Corners / Knauberized
Best Lap Road Atlanta: 1:56.1 -stock KDW tires!!

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard