Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Antiramie:
Wilwood Dynalite 4-piston caliper brake kit. Reduces weight from 13 lbs/side to 4 lbs per side!
According to SP Motorsports they do not fit the stock 16x6.5 SVT rims without the use of spacers.

I had looked at them earlier and was turned off because of this. I do not want to use spacers!

Then I was excited when the BAER sport kit came out. Yep; it needs spacers too... frown

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
T
T
I'm affraid your out of luck then for any full blown, fixed mount, multi piston kits. This is a common problem on FWD cars where space is limited. The wheels have clearance issues on their spokes. Why? Becuase the four piston calipers are much wider than the floater design units. They have to house the pistons and fluid passages OUT BOARD of the rotor, where as a floater simply holds a pad. Can't make them much narrower than the Dynalite or NDL. Where would you put the pistons?

D
D
If I'm not mistaken the Baer is a two piston sliding caliper, not a four piston fixed. I would think that the these would fit in the stock wheels, if someone made a bracket to fit then to the 278mm rotors. Anyone out there have a machine shop and a little extra time?

Dave T.
'98.5 Silver Frost E1
#4596 of 6535
Koni's
Fog Light Mod
Motor Mount insert
P
P
Forget about thinking they would fit.

Look around and you'll see that I test-fitted both E0 and E1 wheels on my Baer 12" kit with no success.

B
B
Just for information... I have a 98 SVT with E0 wheels. I also have the Wilwood calipers with 5mm H&R spacers. They have been working for me for about 3 months... I got the spacers (which are the only one's that I know of that work!) from Turner BMW motorsports. Hope this helps....

1998 Ford Contour SVT - Silver
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard