Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JVT Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey guys, how did ya'll rout your SS lines?

I sorta ziptied it to the hard line when I installed them, but the right side line started rubbing on the wheel/tire during tight turns, and actually wore through the clear rubber coating that's on the line. No damage to the metal part of the line, but could have been worse...

Did ya'll route them through the stock metal 'holder'/bracket that's attached to the strut?

That's how I ran them just now, but during tight turns, both sides still get awfully close to the wheel/tire. (1/4"-1/2")

Also, any problems with the line being dragged though the metal holder/bracket at all? The edges are pretty sharp, so last thing I want is my line to rub though on the edge of the holders... I did grind down the inside of the holder so the edges won't be as sharp, but it's still a concern since the line does drag on it every time I turn...

John

'98 SVT - modded
-15.01@91.8
'95 Suzuki GS500E
-faster than the above
---wanting a Speed Triple or Superhawk badly
P
P
John,

I don't have them but you could make something useful out of the OEM brake hose holders. I think you could adapt a rubber grommet to make the hose "clip" in there. 5 minute epoxy the grommet in there, slice an opening for the hose to go in... something like that... Makes any sense??

O
O
I didn't attatch them to anything, the theory being that the lines flex and bend so just try to clear out as much space in the wheel well(ie old brackets and such) and the line will take care of itself.

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec SS (SuperSleeper)
Suffice it to say my mod list has become so long that it is just ridiculous
J
JVT Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Quote:
Originally posted by Silversvt:
John,

I don't have them but you could make something useful out of the OEM brake hose holders. I think you could adapt a rubber grommet to make the hose "clip" in there. 5 minute epoxy the grommet in there, slice an opening for the hose to go in... something like that... Makes any sense??
I thought about that, but I have already sold the brakes to Baco99, and I don't want to take off anything that's really 'not' mine. I'll ask him whether I can grab a couple off of the lines, since he should have a couple left over himself from his brakes he has now...

OhSigmaChi,
No way. If I let them be, the lines will rub everytime I turn the wheel.

John

'98 SVT - modded
-15.01@91.8
'95 Suzuki GS500E
-faster than the above
O
O
I have the kit intalled w/ my 17x7in wheel/tires and have had know indication of rubbing whatsoever, just went out and checked actually.

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec SS (SuperSleeper)
Suffice it to say my mod list has become so long that it is just ridiculous
J
JVT Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Certainly interesting, but I doubt I can do that with my kit. I'll give it a try, but I have my doubts...

Thanks for the response.

John

'98 SVT - modded
-15.01@91.8
'95 Suzuki GS500E
-faster than the above
M
MLT Offline
M
I cut the rubber grommets off the original brake lines and used that to mount the SS lines provided by Baer to the strut. Used a nylon tie wrap to hold every thing in place.

Check every so often to make sure everything is still in place.

If the SS brake line starts rubbing ajainst the tire, odds are the tire will be on the lossing end of the ordeal.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard