Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#249479 09/18/01 05:35 PM
J
OP Offline
J
A month ago I purchased Front Powerslot Rotors. I install them and try my best at breaking them in correctly. 2 weeks later I decided to buy a set of there rear rotors.(My old rotors were warped pretty bad, or so I though)

Oh and 2 weeks before that I replaced my pads with EBC Greenstuff!

So I install the rear rotors. I though it would be instant relief. But I still felt a vibration in the steering wheel!

I figured it was just needing to be broken in. I waited about 3 weeks and the problem seems to have gotten worse.

Now they are making squelling sounds and my whole car is pulsating along with the steering wheel!

I call the ppl I bought them from and they say that Powerslot says its likely not the rotors. And that steering wheel doesn't vibrate when you have warped rotors.

Anyways we go back and forth finally for them to say that Powerslot will need to evaluate the rotors!

In other words I will have to buy new rotors, install them, and ship my other rotors back to them....And if THEY SAY they are unabused!!! Then I get my refund!

HOW CAN THIS BE TRUE!!

How could I possibly abuse rotors in 1 month, I don't AutoX...and I'd like to say I'm a pretty easy driver most of the time.

What do you guys think? Anyone know what I can do?

Am I stuck!
Thats $415 down the tube.

Also could it be the wheels? Struts? Alignment?

Justin
1998 Black SVT
jcboeckl@unity.ncsu.edu
#249480 09/18/01 06:11 PM
P
P
Check what BAT says in their brake hardware section of the catalog about vibrations. I have been chasing the same problem for quite a while. Ruled out rotors, alignment, suspension, and tire balance and still the vibration under braking. Next time I do brakes (which appears to be soon), I am going to renew all that hardware in the calipers. Can't hurt for how inexpensive it is.

1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour born on...8/28/01[/i]
American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002
#249481 09/18/01 06:16 PM
J
OP Offline
J
My dad seems to think its the wheels. Am I'm starting to think he's right.

I'm not so sure its the rotors any more! I just figured that was the only thing it could be, until he explained all the other types of things it could be.

Thanks,
Justin

Justin
1998 Black SVT
jcboeckl@unity.ncsu.edu
#249482 09/18/01 10:52 PM
N
N
I'm near a good non-chain auto parts store and they've checked and scuffed new rotors for me before for just a couple of bucks.

Have you tried calling a couple of stores to see if they'd check the trueness for you on the Powerslots?

It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than it is to drive a fast car slow.

99 SVT Contour
93 RX-7 R1

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard