Ray Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Sparks?? NavSVT? John?? Anyone local??

Hope to hear back on this one..

wink
Ray

Check out my car!! (Profile Registry)

Have a Nextel two-way? check out my registry for my number!

Ray Haralson
Jacksonville, FL
s_r_haralson@sar.med.navy.mil
srh@texas.net

YIM: midnghtflm
AIM: midnghtflm

NEWEST MOD: a BEAUTIFUL girlfriend for my one and only passenger.
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray:
Sparks?? NavSVT? John?? Anyone local??

Hope to hear back on this one..

wink
Ray
Come down to Ft. Myers and I'll help, also we can hook up with some guys and go to BAT..for real this time, I'll organize it. Let me know.

First I would like to congratulate my 2002 "The Perfect Storm" undefeated National Champions MIAMI HURRICANES*1999 Ford Contour SVT #206 00 SVT motor with Return fuel*Black-Tan*Cold Air Intake with 6" S&B Funnel Ram*Sho-shop off road y*Brullen Cat-Back 3.5" slant tips no res*Unorthodox racing crank pulley*Lotec Guage pod with Air/Fuel, Oil Pressure and Voltage*17" Image Tuners*215/40 Falken Ziex's*
B/M Short Shifter*Nokya 9006/9005 80w/100w Xenon's*JSP wing*BNM White Faced HVAC*Custom svt emblemed rear*Bosch +4's*H/R springs*Euro Sidemarkers.
Eric@ritterpenusa.com Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel.
M
M
Ah.....I can do it in my sleep!!!! There is an FAQ available somewhere. It's easy....you can have the UIM and LIM off in a half hour. It will take at least an hour to clean both thoroughly, then another half hour to put it back together. In all you have to remove....let me count...around 11 bolts to get off the UIM, then 8 I believe to remove the LIM. Make sure when you do it.........stuff those intakes with paper towels so you don't drop bolts, tools.....etc into the cylinders.......es muy bad-o!!! Oh..be careful not to snap off the two plastic intake tubes on the UIM. There is a collar around the base that you must hold against the UIM as you pull out the plastic tube. If you don't do this...you will break it. Ask Friction...we had to constuct a new one when we broke one by accident.

Good Luck!

Ryan

95 Mystique LS Young America edition, V6, MTX, Yeah...it's stock. Now with new underhood wiring!!! My Profile
Moderator of the Florida Contour Enthusiast Group
C
C
Yo Ryan, when can we get together so you can help me with my UIM and LIM?

99 Silver SE Sport V6 MTX
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by C0NT0UR:
Yo Ryan, when can we get together so you can help me with my UIM and LIM?
We can do it this weekend if you'd like....supplies you need: 1 roll of shop towels, 4-5 cans of Berrymans B12 Carb Cleaner, the gaskets, I've got all the tools we'll need. We could meet at my sister's house again in Boynton....Do you remember where that is?

95 Mystique LS Young America edition, V6, MTX, Yeah...it's stock. Now with new underhood wiring!!! My Profile
Moderator of the Florida Contour Enthusiast Group
N
N
hey ray

I need to do mine too maybe we can get together this weekend at the autohobby shop or at my place maybe sparks will give us a hand :rolleyes: ...i will try and call him

Black/Tan 00 SVT
Do Tinted windows count as modified?
K&N
resonatorless (is that a word)
Kuhmo 225/45/ZR16
Left in SVT dust list: Porsche 924S, Beretta GTZ, 98 Civic, Volkswagen Jetta VR6
N
N
Ray we might also be able to go down to fast4dr and then over to BAT...let me know

Black/Tan 00 SVT
K&N
Kuhmo 225/45/ZR16
Left in SVT dust list: Porsche 924S, Beretta GTZ, 98 Civic, Volkswagen Jetta VR6
R
Ray Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hey guys.. thanks for the responses... how far is Fast4dr from here?? That could be feasible.. or, like you said, Nav, we could hit the hobby shop here.. (Since it is "local" to both of us.. I have never done it, but it can't be too hard...

Wanna arrange a time to learn together? (assuming you have never done this, either..)

Grab sparks, as he has access to the bays, as well, and we can offer to do his, if he will help, too..

Wanna do a mass pick up of the gaskets/carb cleaner (and i will give you the $ when I see ya at the bays)?

Call the cell, let me know... don't have it, anymore? Post on here, I will get it to ya..

TIA

Ray laugh

Check out my car!! (Profile Registry)

Have a Nextel two-way? check out my registry for my number!

Ray Haralson
Jacksonville, FL
s_r_haralson@sar.med.navy.mil
srh@texas.net

YIM: midnghtflm
AIM: midnghtflm

NEWEST MOD: a BEAUTIFUL girlfriend for my one and only passenger.
N
N
hey ray,

I still have your number on my cell, however my cell is in NJ with my son. So you will have to call me at home....269-0049. Sparks traded his SVT for a WRX :rolleyes: but I will try to get a hold of him to see if he will help us out. and as far as a gasket goes I am pretty sure sparks was telling me that you can reuse them if you careful.

Black/Tan 00 SVT
K&N
Kuhmo 225/45/ZR16
G
G
Quote:
Originally posted by NavSVT:
hey ray,

I still have your number on my cell, however my cell is in NJ with my son. So you will have to call me at home....269-0049. Sparks traded his SVT for a WRX :rolleyes: but I will try to get a hold of him to see if he will help us out. and as far as a gasket goes I am pretty sure sparks was telling me that you can reuse them if you careful.
Do not reuse the gaskets. Get on the horn to Bill Jenkins in Vegas and order a set. Better yet, search the Florida forums for opinions on this subject. We have discussed it a lot of times.

1991 GVR4
Lots of mods done.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard