Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Well, first of all, I need to find out if we all are up for doing my strut/springs (which I will truely appreciate, it's been 4 months of torture, just ask Sam). Next, I need to know if SVTman15 is able to use the garage saturday the 16th (any time of day) or sunday (in the morning). Third, I need to know if there are any tools that I will have to bring/purchase. And last, I need to know what it is that you all want to eat. If you guys aren't able to do it this weekend, could you guys give me some probable future dates.
Ps If the garage is not available, can it be done with jack stands. I will look into getting the compressor (any special type?). We can do this outside my house if u guys want. Thanks a whole lot guys.

1999 Contour SE (Spruce Green)
------------------------
SVT Front & Rear Bumpers
SVT Side-Skirts
SVT Dual Exhaust
'17 Team Loco 142 Rims
215/45/17 Sumitomo HTR Z Tires
Donnelley Mirror w/ Temp. & Compass
*Elzonian@aol.com*
M
M
It can be done with a jackstand and a jack. You will need a spring copressor, you can rent one from Auto Zone, for a refundable $50. Other than that all you need are some sockets and a fairly big allen wrench.

Jim
NY Mets World Champions in 2002
2000 Black Contour SVT #53 of 2150
17" Konig Traffic w/Nitto 450
Borla Cat Back
Zaino
MB Quart and Shiva
G
G
If oyu have an air compressor you don't need allen wrenches....

1991 GVR4
Lots of mods done.
M
M
Along with the struts....any chance we can attempt to gut my pre-cats?

95 Mystique LS Young America edition, V6, MTX, Yeah...it's stock. Now with new underhood wiring!!! My Profile
Moderator of the Florida Contour Enthusiast Group
S
S
hey guys...we can do this saturday, if you guys want. i think i should have all the tools we need minus the spring comressor. also, we may not be able to use the lift cause it needs 220 voltage and right now all it's getting is 110...but other then that we are good...let me know? oh and pre-cats...i don't know what work is involved but hell lets do those too!!!

99' black svt
#646 of 2760
born: 12-7-98

mods: kkm intake, mystery mod, bassani exhuast, sho shop pulleys, bosch +4, magnecor wires, superchip(sitting in my glove box), h & r springs, ebc gas-slotted rotors, luks super white bulbs(head lights), removed orange reflectors, removed ding guards, pre 98 sail panels, fog light fix, th fix

i'm 1/3 of the CSVT's in my family
M
M
So where and when can we do this? MUST GUT CATS.....HAVE NO POWER!!!

95 Mystique LS Young America edition, V6, MTX, Yeah...it's stock. Now with new underhood wiring!!! My Profile
P
OP Offline
P
It's all up to SVTman15, he is the one thats providing the work place for this small meet. And as far as the location, SVTman15 is also the only one that can clue us in on that. Thanks a whole lot. If any of you need to contact me, call me at my cell #(305)282-7709.

1999 Contour SE (Spruce Green)
------------------------
SVT Front & Rear Bumpers
SVT Side-Skirts
SVT Dual Exhaust
'17 Team Loco 142 Rims
215/45/17 Sumitomo HTR Z Tires
Donnelley Mirror w/ Temp. & Compass
*Elzonian@aol.com*
S
S
my shop is located three blocks south of hollywood off of 441...give me a call - cell# 305-586-7144. i should be leaving tampa today so i'll be in the miami area today, but it's valentines day for me seeing as my girlfriend lives down there. so i'm guessing we are on for tomorrow...like i said just give me a call and we'll set this up. what else do we need for this?

99' black svt
#646 of 2760
born: 12-7-98

mods: kkm intake, mystery mod, bassani exhuast, sho shop pulleys, bosch +4, magnecor wires, superchip(sitting in my glove box), h & r springs, ebc gas-slotted rotors, luks super white bulbs(head lights), removed orange reflectors, removed ding guards, pre 98 sail panels, fog light fix, th fix

i'm 1/3 of the CSVT's in my family
M
M
I believe all I need for gutting the precats is a drill, a couple screwdrivers, a hammer, and a bolt to fill the hole up that I drilled...or a welder to fill the hole. From what I understand it's best if the entire header is removed...that is the hard part!

So what time are we talking about tomorrow?

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard