Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Hey, I need to know ASAP which dealers you guys prefer for warranty service work. And besides doing quality work, doing it fast is the real key.

My parents have a 2001 Windstar w/ about 34K miles and they drove from Georgia to New York last Thursday/Friday for the US Open. About the time they got to NYC the power steering went out on the van. They got it to a dealership to get it diagnosed and they have to get the whole steering rack and p/s pump replaced, and that dealership didn't have the parts and couldn't have done it during the weekend anyway. So they want to drive it back down this far tomorrow and stay with us while it gets fixed here, rather than trying to wrestle it all the way back to GA.

They'll be back in town by about 1 or 2pm tomorrow (Monday 6/17) so whatever you guys can tell me before then would be great! Thanks!

Currently: '00 Altima SE and '02 Maxima SE

Coming up: '03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6-speed
D
D
Hey Mike,
Sorry i missed this thread. I almost don't want to recommend a dealer becasue i've never really had any sterling experiences with any.
I guess the closest to us is Ted Britt. I am surrounded by neighbors (your friend Mike included) who have purchased windstars from Britt and from my casual conversations with them - are satisfied with the service.
I have heard good things from a dealership in Manassas. And i would stay away from Sterling Koons and Tysons Ford.
Give us a sitrep.
Best,eugene

3463/6535
98 SVT EV0 silver frost -bone stock
CEG sticker
new cupholders!!!
C
OP Offline
C
Took it down to Battlefield in Manassas. They sat on it for 7 hours until repeated calls from my dad finally persuaded them to put it up on the lift and check it out. The supply line from the p/s reservoir had a hole in it, which they said was due to the new tranny (which was replaced a few months ago) being installed in the wrong place ( confused ) and it had worn a hole in it.

Had it fixed in 2 hours once they looked at it.

BTW, it only has 24K miles, not 34K (still a lot for 15 months, but I knew 34K seemed way high).

Currently: '00 Altima SE and '02 Maxima SE

Coming up: '03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6-speed

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard