Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Andy W. Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Check it Out!

Special 2-week offer - $35 to race if you pre pay between 3/11/2002 - 3/24/2002
Special Gate offer - The first 25 cars that have not pre paid will enter the race for $35
Gates open 8am
Eliminations begin at 2:00pm
$45 to race till 4/19/2002
$50 to race at the gate
$10 to watch

American Iron Shoot Out

Thanks,
Andy W.
Andy.Watson@svtcontour.net

Andy Watson
'99 Silver SVT #2397| DOB 07/29/99
Graci!

American Iron Shoot Out - Event Promoter!
Check it out, we need your input!
Www Dot American Iron Shoot Out Dot Com
A
A
If pay the $35 do I have to race or can I just enter the show part? Either way I will be there to show some support.

-Antonio

99' SVT
86' Toyota Pickup Beater - Tha Daily Driver
A
Andy W. Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Probably not!
I'll ask Tony!

-Andy

Andy Watson
Graci!

R
R
If I can get my car fixed by then I'll definitly be attending! TH said it sounds like my rear mount is shot and the front may be on its way out too because of it. mad

UPDATE: Felt a little better today so I jacked it up today and squirmed under there to check the rear mount...no cracked bracket, no broken bolts, the only thing I noticed out of the ordinary is that the bolt running through the rubber inside the round housing is sitting about 3/4 down and not straight through the middle. The rubber below the bolt has a few rips in it and the round holes are squished and have an oval look to them which I don't remember seeing in matts mount when I looked at it. I used a prybar to lift the engine and theres A LOT of play in the rubber(The bolt is seated firmly in the rubber but the entire rubber insert moves about 2 inches upward inside the metal housing under my strength laying on my back with the bar so I guess the 160 ft/lbs of engine torque will make it rotate the 30 degrees you guys saw) so methinks thats it.

Originally posted by 99SESPORT:
First off, if somebody is grabbing your nuts, your gonna do everything you can to get him off...
And sitting there telling him politely

"Please let go of my nuts, sir?"
A
Andy W. Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Mike,
If you get the mount insert replacements, we can do it at the next meet!

-Andy

Andy Watson
Graci!

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by RockvilleSVT:
If I can get my car fixed by then I'll definitly be attending! TH said it sounds like my rear mount is shot and the front may be on its way out too because of it. mad

UPDATE: Felt a little better today so I jacked it up today and squirmed under there to check the rear mount...no cracked bracket, no broken bolts, the only thing I noticed out of the ordinary is that the bolt running through the rubber inside the round housing is sitting about 3/4 down and not straight through the middle. The rubber below the bolt has a few rips in it and the round holes are squished and have an oval look to them which I don't remember seeing in matts mount when I looked at it. I used a prybar to lift the engine and theres A LOT of play in the rubber(The bolt is seated firmly in the rubber but the entire rubber insert moves about 2 inches upward inside the metal housing under my strength laying on my back with the bar so I guess the 160 ft/lbs of engine torque will make it rotate the 30 degrees you guys saw) so methinks thats it.
undercar

00' SVT Contour, Black and Blue #954 of 2150
Stock....

2003 Red Fire Convertable Cobra due in September...
A
Andy W. Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Ant,
Tony and I just hashed out the details. It's going to be $10 per person to get in. For an owner to enter there car in the show it will be $10 more. So the Passengers and drivers are each $10 and the car is $10 IF you want to enter it into the show event! There is a link up on the site!

-Andy

Andy Watson
Graci!

K
KJ Offline
K
So this applies to anyone bringing people in. For example ... if I brought Nora and Kaelyn it would be an extra 20 bucks?

Married the gal of my dreams 04.27.02 smile
2K SVT Black/Midnight Blue
#294 of 2150
DOB 10.29.99
kbucy@fbr.com
ktigerj on aim
A *few* Mods
Best Time 14.942 at 93.98mph
Car is now for sale - 14000
A
Andy W. Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Yes KJ, you have the right idea. Racers do not have pay for the car show entry or the regular entry fee! Most Drag strips charge $10 per person to get in, we didn't set this charge the track did, and remember all the proceeds go to charity! I know it's kinda steap but it's for a good cause!

-Andy

Andy Watson
Graci!

T
T
Let me just try to break it down laugh

$10 to spectate per person

$20 to enter car show / spectator fee (driver only)

$35.00 to enter car show / race / spectator fee only till 3/24/02 or if your one of the first 25 that have not pre paid to enter the gate on race day (driver only)

$45.00 to enter car show / race / spectator fee from 3/25/02 till 4/19/02 (driver only)

I hope this clears it up laugh If you have any question, don't hesistate to ask me.

Can't wait to see everyone.

Regards,
Tony Guevara
Event Director

Tazz
V6 Event Organizer
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard