Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#233138 08/05/02 12:13 PM
G
GR8SVT Offline OP
OP Offline
G
It's going to be (and was last week) a big week for the SVT.

First - Some jackass neighbor decided to spray paint some shiz, and got overspray on my car....ALL OVER MY CAR!! My stepdad was parking my car up the street for the past two weeks cause we were painting our house - so instead of us getting paint on my car, my neighbor did. Fukwad... anyway....After a few hours with the PC and 3M PerfectIt-II (very abrasive polish), it all came out. I split the task up into three days. Pieces of the car each day. Now, Just need to remove the swirl marks, glaze it and then wax it......or, if my order of Zaino EVER comes in, I'll Zaino the b*tch for FFW!!

Wednesday, it goes in for the Aussie Bar installation, DMD installation and KVR brakes and CF Pads (no...I still have yet to install them! eek ) and to fix my friggin AC.

They just charged the AC up last month - and now the friggin Compressor doesn't even turn....I know I have a leak somewhere....

Oh well.... smile

#233139 08/05/02 12:58 PM
Z
Z
Man...that sucks. I completely feel for ya.

I was just reviewing everything I've got to do, and it's going to cost me.

I need new struts all around (BADLY!), fix AC (not sure what the problem is), brakes (maybe new rotors), and add some touchup paint where some jerkoff keyed the **** out of my car.

- Zack

1995 Contour LX
2.5L V6 MTX
150,000 miles and still going strong
PIAA 510's (Finally I can see again!)

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." George W. Bush
#233140 08/05/02 01:38 PM
J
J
Hugo

I had a similar problem with the AC. There was a recall from Ford on E0's re: some heater switch. My a/c wouldnt even turn on unless it was on full blast. I took it in for the part, and low and behold I didnt have to pay for it smile You should check that out

Sorry bout the paint! I know what thats like...

Jonathan
98 SVT E0 #4290
#233141 08/05/02 02:05 PM
G
GR8SVT Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny V:
Hugo

I had a similar problem with the AC. There was a recall from Ford on E0's re: some heater switch. My a/c wouldnt even turn on unless it was on full blast. I took it in for the part, and low and behold I didnt have to pay for it smile You should check that out

Sorry bout the paint! I know what thats like...
silly johnny - recalls are for kids.

no seriously - i had that recall done when i bought the car. friggin mark was too slow to fix it before he delivered the car, so i did it myself. sorry mark! laugh

the switch works fine - it just blows stale air like it did before he re-charged it - and before anyone freaks out, the waterpump is fine.....at least i think so! eek laugh

#233142 08/05/02 02:53 PM
M
M
Hugo, where are you having your Aussie bar done? As soon as the end links I ordered from Perfomance Fords come in, I'm gonna have mine done too.

There's only a couple of places where I live that I can even think of where I could have it done...I wonder if Midas could do it? I wonder if I could trust them to do it?

Wait...did we already cover this? Is a buddy of yours @ a car dealer doing yours?

I can't remember **** anymore... confused

-Rob- '98 E0 Contour SVT #897, T-Red. FOR SALE: '98 E0 CSVT #2663 SilverFrost; stock & in very good condition. $7,800
KKM & BAT Intake Pipe, DIY cool air intake, Resonator deleted, TH fix; short shifter, rear spoiler, hood struts, fog mod, pre-98 sails, dings removed, A4 side-markers, clear head-light corners, T-red chrome front & back. Aussie Bar waiting for installation.

"Monkey is my business...and business is good!"
#233143 08/05/02 04:56 PM
B
B
on the AC you can recharge the system yourself if you want. I went to Wal-mart and got a recharge kit. has the hose, pressure guage and can of R-134A with the proper amount of oil and some sealant in it. It brought my AC right back to what is should be since it would cycle very fast. Although in the last few days it hasn't been as cold....

the kit was only $30 and the have cans of R-134A for about $10 or so

that sucks about the paint, that happened to my fathers Capri when we were on vacation once. The neibors decided to spray paint there house blue and the car was black. I think we made them pay for the car to be repainted since they gave no warning to us and we were also on vactions

Son - 1995 Mystique LS Zetec 5-spd --> newest "mod" -> a girlfriend by my side
Father - 1995 Contour SE Duratec 5-spd
Mother - 1999 Contour SE Sport Duratec 5-spd

My CEG Registry
My Car
My Home Page
#233144 08/05/02 05:13 PM
J
J
I'm not an expert, but do you think that something like 3M Perfect-it III swirl remover would do the tick to get rid of the swirls, then when you get it put on a coat of zaino?

"careful man, there's a beverage here."
e-mail: boseraq@hotmail.com
aol IM: madhat1412
#233145 08/05/02 05:24 PM
G
GR8SVT Offline OP
OP Offline
G
well, the Perfect-It II is basically a rubbing compound. very harsh - but was needed to take the paint spots off the clearcoat.

the swirl mark remover is a lot less abrasive and will polish off the paint perfectly - ridding my paint of the swirl marks.

the PI-II is good to really clean up the paint - but is too dificult to use to remove swirl marks (the fine kind). The SMR will do the job just fine.

and it all depends on when I get my order of Z in.
Mark got his order in already - so I'm assuming I should get mine in shortly. I sent payment about 1.5 weeks ago.....

#233146 08/05/02 05:25 PM
G
GR8SVT Offline OP
OP Offline
G
and about the A/C. I had the dealer charge her up about 1 month ago. if it's already not cycling, then i know there is something else wrong. some leak somewhere and hopefully nothing more serious.

we'll see. smile

#233147 08/05/02 05:27 PM
G
GR8SVT Offline OP
OP Offline
G
one more thing - monkeybiz - yes, a buddy of mine is going to install it for me....hopefully they don't eff it up.

i'm sure if you install the bar yourself, Midas will weld it up no problem...i've read people going there and them taking 15 minutes and being done with it.

later.

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard