Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#232604 07/19/02 02:37 AM
S
SVT Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I went and had the SVT inspected to day and found out some cool news. I was talking with the guy at the inspection station and he said that the guidelines have changed this month. As in the past you only need to get you vehicles emissions checked once every two years (although a safety inspection is performed every year), but rather than check your car on the dyno, first they will simply plug into the OBDII system and check for CELs. If you don't have any, they assume everything is fine = sticker. If you have a CEL history, then they will run the dyno test.

So, kill the power the night before to flush the codes, run the car the next day to reestablish itself and go to the inspection.

Ryan
Toreador Red
1998 SVT #2843

"Performance in the hands of few"
#232605 07/19/02 02:43 AM
F
F
ahh
you are so slick!

Kim
2001 Mercury Cougar C2
1995 Contour GL
Quote: Originally posted by shotwell:
Yeah, I keep checking too. I'm afraid that just as the site goes down my car will burst into flames or something (knocking rapidly on wood)!
#232606 07/19/02 03:20 AM
P
P
Won't work. PA is going to this program next year as well, so I've looked into it. You need to have A) no Pending or Active codes, and B) all OBD-II monitors must be complete.

Takes a little time to get all the monitors run, especially the Cat Efficiency one. Probably won't happen in one day, unless you strictly folow the Ford Drive Cycle after pulling the battery and before going to the station. And if it does, and you had a code before, it will likely set again. Mine never runs (until it throws a Cat Eff code that I promptly clear and reset the monitor). So I'll be on the dyno every year, unless I do something about that cat.

They thought about the trick you plan to use. And modeled the whole system after it.

1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour born on...8/28/01[/i]
American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard