Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#229263 05/05/02 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GR8SVT:
I'm not going to do the plate switching thing...if my other Contour was Black, I would in a heartbeat!
Court: "When did you change the color of your car?"
Hugo: "Oh, I did it myself a couple weeks back"

laugh

Matthew
98.5 Contour SE V6
It has spent 1.5 years under the wrong identity ;-)
#229264 05/05/02 07:18 PM
Also, I remember a topic a couple months ago saying that if you have eye problems and you NEED the tint then it's legal... are you sensitive to sunlight Hugo? wink

Matthew
98.5 Contour SE V6
It has spent 1.5 years under the wrong identity ;-)
#229265 05/06/02 12:28 AM
B
B
That's so ridiculous, I wish they'd bother the people who are doing something wrong, like ghetto wheels on a Buick Skylark or something, not tint on the windows of a Contour! eek laugh

1999 Black Contour SE Sport
AIM: SCCAMX699
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Pressbox/6769
#229266 05/06/02 02:52 PM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by JVitolo:
Just goes to show why I [b]HATE this state. Cops here are absolutely worthless pricks who are determined to screw EVERYONE over. If you know what ive been through lately youd know im not kidding either mad

You could switch the plates on your cars and bring the SE to show them and get out of it! Sounds crazy but it just might work. I never had this problem in Florida and I had 3%, yes T-H-R-E-E percent limo tint.[/b]
In defense of the Cops...

I know four cops in the town I live/grew up in. Two of which I've known my whole life. Through them, I've met a bunch of other cops. I used to think all cops were a$$holes too...before I got to know some of them socially. Trust me, cops party harder than most people. I think 80% of the cops out there are regular guys doing a mostly boring, sometimes dangerous job. The other 20% are just pricks that get off on throwing their authority around and screwing people over every chance they get. The 20% give a bad reputation to the rest of them.

As far as the tint issue goes, aside from it being the Law, it's a safety issue for the cops and for the passengers. The cops don't want to walk up to a car they just pulled over and not be able to see if the occupants are pulling a gun on them. They also want to be able to see if a passenger is being held in the car against their will (ridnapping). One of my best buds & his fiancee (also a cop) have huge issues with illegal tint. I hear about it whenever we go out drinking, so I know exactly where they're coming from.

Most cops are good guys and will give you a break if you're just courteous and respectful to them. Some cops (the minority) are pricks and you're screwed no matter how you act.

Ok, that's was more than just my $.02, but I needed to stick up fo my buds.

cool

-Rob- '98 E0 Contour SVT #897, T-Red. FOR SALE: '98 E0 CSVT #2663 SilverFrost; stock & in very good condition. $7,800
KKM & BAT Intake Pipe, DIY cool air intake, Resonator deleted, TH fix; short shifter, rear spoiler, hood struts, fog mod, pre-98 sails, dings removed, A4 side-markers, clear head-light corners, T-red chrome front & back. Aussie Bar waiting for installation.

"Monkey is my business...and business is good!"
#229267 05/06/02 02:55 PM
M
M
What the hell is "ridnapping"?

That should, obviously, be "kidnapping"...

:rolleyes:

-Rob- '98 E0 Contour SVT #897, T-Red. FOR SALE: '98 E0 CSVT #2663 SilverFrost; stock & in very good condition. $7,800
KKM & BAT Intake Pipe, DIY cool air intake, Resonator deleted, TH fix; short shifter, rear spoiler, hood struts, fog mod, pre-98 sails, dings removed, A4 side-markers, clear head-light corners, T-red chrome front & back. Aussie Bar waiting for installation.

#229268 05/06/02 03:12 PM
G
GR8SVT Offline OP
OP Offline
G
ridnapping....hhahahaha lol

i totally understand about the 20% cops statement...although i'm willing to bet its more than that! wink

my sister used to go out with a state trooper and to this day - he pulls me over just to scare the sh*t out of me! but all in all, he's an awesome guy. But he tells me some of things that go on....and its scary. trust me.

this guy was just out to get me. i was VERY polite to him answering 'Yes Sir' 'No Sir' each and every time.....in fact, he did let me off a little.

A freind of mine has gotten pulled over by this guy twice already and is NOT giving this kid the SAME "chance" he did with me. He has to rip his tint off AND pay the 250 fine.

Oh - and MA Law states that if someone gets fined with the same Window Tint issue, it's kinda like - 'Three strikes, you're out'. After the third time, you lose your license for 90 phucking days!

eek

#229269 05/06/02 03:28 PM
C
C
I understand about the safety for cops and people being held against their will and stuff, but there is one thing about this law that still confuses me to no end.

If those are the main reasons for tint being illegal, why is it that the cars that would most likely have these types of people in them are the ones allowed to have as dark aa tint as they want? confused Vans and Sport Utilities can have as dark of a tint as they want on their windows(behind the B-pillar). Now maybe it's me, but those types of vehicles could hide more people(w/ weapons, or being held against there will) than most sedans or coupes on the market! To me the law seems to be backwards!

I respect cops too. My brother in law was one, and he still is a Sargeant at the state prison, but he has yet to be able to give me an answer to that question!

Steve
2002 Mazda Protege5

Former owner of a 98' T-Red SVT
#229270 05/06/02 03:37 PM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by cruises8:
I understand about the safety for cops and people being held against their will and stuff, but there is one thing about this law that still confuses me to no end.

If those are the main reasons for tint being illegal, why is it that the cars that would most likely have these types of people in them are the ones allowed to have as dark aa tint as they want? confused Vans and Sport Utilities can have as dark of a tint as they want on their windows(behind the B-pillar). Now maybe it's me, but those types of vehicles could hide more people(w/ weapons, or being held against there will) than most sedans or coupes on the market! To me the law seems to be backwards!

I respect cops too. My brother in law was one, and he still is a Sargeant at the state prison, but he has yet to be able to give me an answer to that question!
I didn't realize that the law didn't apply to vans & SUVs. I'm gonna ask one of my buds next time we go out. See what he says to that. Must be some politics involved...

#229271 05/06/02 03:53 PM
C
C
I don't know if it's in Ma as well as here in NH. I haven't done any research on tint recently(w/in the last 3 years), but I believe that is the law! Atleast that it what I remember it being! :rolleyes:

Steve
2002 Mazda Protege5

Former owner of a 98' T-Red SVT
#229272 05/06/02 04:02 PM
G
GR8SVT Offline OP
OP Offline
G
it is the same here in MA....ONLY IF....
The tint came straight from the factory that way.

if you did it yourself...it's illegal.

if you bought the car off the dealer that way - it's fine....

how ghey is that

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard