Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#217245 07/16/02 01:23 PM
S
OP Offline
S
The NY Region Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) is hosting its third autocross event (Solo II) for 2002 on Sunday July 21st at the Nassau Coliseum. If you've never been to one of these, its a whole lot of fun, and lets you explore some of your car's performance capabilities in a safe and legal event. Its also a great way to improve your driving skills.

I went to the last one in May with only 800 miles on my Z06, and I had a blast. And the car held up fine afterwards - not even a rock chip or scratch.

Last time there were no Contours, so we need some representation there to show those WRX drivers what a 'tour can do wink Right, Barry? laugh

You can pre-register for the event here:

http://www.nyr-scca.com/soloregist.htm

Or you can just show up and register at the event. Here is a link to more information on Solo II:

http://www.nyr-scca.com/solo.htm

Hope to see you there! If you have any questions, either e-mail me at Z06ified@optonline.net or PM me.

-Jon

'96 Contour SE, black / opal grey, MTX, every option, KKM intake, resonator removed, Flowmaster Series 40 DeltaFlow, GoodYear Eagle HP's, 115k miles, new paint 7/01. Driven cross-country 4 times.

'70 Corvette Stingray Coupe, Cortez Silver, 454 bored to 462, Muncie M21, too many mods to list, lots of fun. 335 rwhp / 365 rwtq

'02 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue / Black, every option. Stock for now...
R
R
Hmmmmm...

I was going to go to the JDM Engineering meet in Freehold, NJ that day, but this looks like more fun.

After all, I've already got shot down with my weak Dyno numbers,
why not with ridiculous lap times ?

I'll let you know...

Pete...

98.5 SE Sport Duratec ATX (P66L)
Black Clearcoat on Greystone
DOB 11/21/1997
DOP 12/25/1997
PIAA 510 Super White Driving Lights
SVT CAT-BACK EXHAUST (No Resonator)
DiabloSport Chip (LPQ4) - Engineered To Raise Hell
Too many other mods to list...