Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Rynn Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Except of course for the name, no SVT model, and the fact that they all have a tach in the cluster (grumble grumble... smile ), what are the main differences between the Mercury Mystique models and the Ford Contour models? I've never gotten to see a Mystique up close and personal and I've been curious about it for awhile confused

Anyone? cool

B
B
  My Mystique has a second ?dome light? in back, just above the rear window.  I'm given to understand that Mystiques have this, and that Contours do not.  This is probably the most significant difference ? perhaps the only significant difference ? between the two.

{I do hate spam, but that isn't really part of my email address.  Remove the string ?HatesSpam? from the email address ?BobHatesSpam@blaylock.to? to email me.  No advertisements.  Spammers will be dealt with very harshly!}
-------
Moonlight Blue 1996 Mercury Mystique GS , Zetec engine, ATX.  No mods. (Well, OK, one mod.  Before I got rid of my previous car, a 1994 Tempo, I swapped radios.  I liked the Tempo's radio better.  That counts as a mod, doesn't it?  I also kept one of my Tempo's wheels to use as a spare.  I hate those stupid ?compact? spares that come with modern cars.  Does this count as a mod?  If so, I guess I have two mods.  Replaced burned/melted blower switch and connector on 19 February 2002 with a 1P3T toggle switch from Marvac and a Molex connector from Rat Shack; I guess this now makes three mods.)
A
A
Different front and rear facias is the biggest difference!

-Andy

Andy Watson
'99 Silver SVT #2397| DOB 07/29/99
Graci!

American Iron Shoot Out - Event Promoter!
Check it out, we need your input!
Www Dot American Iron Shoot Out Dot Com
M
M
Mystiques are the more "upscale" ConTique. They have standard tach, better power window placement, better looking front/rear (opinion of course), more standard features, more optional features...

YOUNGEST CEG MEMBER smile
1995 Mystique LS V6 ATX, Moonlight Blue Clearcoat Metallic, Atlantis blue cloth. Fully loaded except leather, sunroof, and CD.

1990 Pontiac 6000 S/E AWD
Brilliant White with 2-tone Gray leather, fully loaded
R
Rynn Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Just wondering, since they seem to cost more than the Contour and I wasn't sure there was a huge difference.

M
M
I guess you pay for the name too. Chevy Avalanche is $40,000, Cadillac Escalade is $55,000+, but theyre the same thing... :rolleyes:

1995 Mystique LS V6 ATX, Moonlight Blue Clearcoat Metallic, Atlantis blue cloth. Fully loaded except leather, sunroof, and CD.

B
B
at least in 95 the dash is different between the two cars. the contour dash come out more then falls back to the passanger side air bag and the Mystique slopes over all and does come out any, to the air bag. The door panels are different, and what everyone else said

Son - 1995 Mystique LS Zetec 5-spd --> newest "mod" -> a girlfriend by my side
Father - 1995 Contour SE Duratec 5-spd
Mother - 1999 Contour SE Sport Duratec 5-spd

My CEG Registry
My Car
My Home Page
D
D
Except an Avalanche is made of plastic and the Escalade is made of a whole heap of ugly, including $4k rims.

98.5 SE Sport V6, 97% stock baby!
M
M
I like the interiors of the Mystiques better, the Contour dash is too chunky. The Mystiques dash (atleast 1995-1998) has some nice curvs. All my opinion, of course smile

i was wondering if anyone knew what the "young american edition" option included. All I found was that it was a decal package on the mystique and that's it.

Old - 95.5 SE with lot's of mods.
New - 98 Black SVT with few mods.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard