Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
I already believe it. laugh wink Glad to hear it worked out for you.

hunter green 96 mystique mtx, sabb side markers deep tints
car bra., K & N filter, hyper white low beams, after market fogs, JVC Kameleon head unit, 600 watt amp with 2 10" kicker subs, soon to come new rims

New adition 01/11/2002 The original 95SE in Midnight Red all the toys including traction control
Fog light mod, lightmoonroof switch from a focus, power antena (still wiring it up) post 98 sail panels, new water pump , Bosch quad plaitnum plugs, and a new Cat.
S
S
JCA, where did you get your wire harness? I can't find the right one anywhere. Everyone has the same harness with 2 similar sized rectangles. I need 1 rectangle and 1 square. It is for my SVT with premium sound. I would also love to bypass the amp but the only place that seems to sell the bypass harness is Crutchfield in the USA.

99 CSVT Green/Tan 13,700Km
# 84 of 2760

For Sale
96 Contour GL 2.5 ATX 120,000Km
K&N Air Filter
Mobile 1
E1 SVT Wheels & BFG G-Force Rubber
Aluminum Painted Front Grill
J
J
I purchased a bypass kit in Toronto with no problems. Check the Future Shop and 2001 Audio Video at Kennedy/Ellesmere in Scarborough. I picked up a pack with three cables.

I used two of them -- one for the power leads, one for the speaker harness attached to the amp.

You will have one leftover -- the smaller, more square looking piece. This is the piece to use if you are NOT bypassing the factory amp.

I can't remember model numbers, and I cleaned out my room and tossed the package. I know I picked it up at one of those two places.

Brian

EDIT ---

please understand this is NOT like the harness you get from Crutchfield. You will have to do some soldering between the bare leads from the deck and the bare leads from the power and speaker lines.

1998 Mystique LS V6 ATX - Satin Green/Grey Leather
Moonroof - Ford Remote Starting System
885s for fogs - Fogs with Parks
JVC KD-SH99 MP3 - Pioneer TS-A6865s in the doors
JVC 12-Disc Changer
"Sometimes I'm good, but when I'm bad, I'm even better."
S
S
I was able to get the Harness at Art of Noise in Brampton. They have both the intergration and bypass harnesses.

# 84 of 2760

For Sale
K&N Air Filter
Mobile 1
J
JCA Offline OP
OP Offline
J
frown I'm sorry i'm too late with this reply. frown

I got my harness @ perpect audio in pickering.

I think you can get by the amp with only the standard harness kit for behind the deck.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think that the large rectangualar harness that normaly is used behind the deck (speaker output) will also fit the output of the amp. So with some wire extentions you could make a really long patch cable.

Just a thought and please someoen correct me if the connections will not fit.

cheers,

jc

M
M
Yep. You can extend all 8 wires to do this. Really easy just takes time to do it right.

hunter green 96 mystique mtx, sabb side markers deep tints
car bra., K & N filter, hyper white low beams, after market fogs, JVC Kameleon head unit, 600 watt amp with 2 10" kicker subs, soon to come new rims

New adition 01/11/2002 The original 95SE in Midnight Red all the toys including traction control
Fog light mod, lightmoonroof switch from a focus, power antena (still wiring it up) post 98 sail panels, new water pump , Bosch quad plaitnum plugs, and a new Cat.
H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
I was able to get the Harness at Art of Noise in Brampton. They have both the intergration and bypass harnesses.
Plug and play, no soldering?

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 110,000km
97 Contour LX v6 atx 125,000km
stock CD on LS, cass on LX
spoiler, tinted windows on LS only
4 wheel discs on LX only
All other available options on both
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by horseydug:
Quote:
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
[b]I was able to get the Harness at Art of Noise in Brampton. They have both the intergration and bypass harnesses.
Plug and play, no soldering?[/b]
There is soldering to be done but it is only between the two harnesses. That is the bare ends of the new radio harness that plugs into the radio and the bare ends of the intergration/bypass harness which plugs into the factory connections. This means that you can do all your soldering at the comfort of your work bench and not under the dash. When all the soldering and shrinkwrapping is done all you have to do is plug one end into the radio and the other into the factory connections and your all done. laugh

# 84 of 2760

For Sale
K&N Air Filter
Mobile 1
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard