Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
OP Offline
H
I have reviewed prior posts and see some members got the above via group buy or individual buy imported directly from USA sources.
Crappy Tire had '97 tan plastic impeller pump in stock (Fenco is their rebuilder), but does anyone know of retail source for metal impeller in GTA that is open today? or tomorrow morning?

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 110,000km
97 Contour LX v6 atx 125,000km
stock CD on LS, cass on LX
spoiler, tinted windows on LS only
4 wheel discs on LX only
All other available options on both
M
M
I think the Napa store might have it or can get it.. its on Dundas and Erimnills parkway.. I think.. since I'm sure that I remember Napa being one of the companies that make or sell the Waterpump with a metal impellar.. could be wrong though.. give them a shout you never know..

98 Contour V6 MTX
KKM/Niehoff Wires/Bosh+4/Mobil 1 Oil/Tranny/Pioneer CD/Speakers
Predator Alarm...more 2 come!

"Dana, if by accident, I dropped an 7mm rachet inside your secondaries your engine would be ok? right?"
"Trust me if I could go back and change, I would be stuck in the past" MartinS
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks for reply, I believe we have one over here.
Didn't get to install pump today due to rain so I think I'll pursue metal impeller pump first thing tomorrow.

4 wheel discs on LX only
S
S
Just remember there where some concerns regarding metal impellers ,some have reported that there temp gauges where reading higher possibly due to the fact that the metal impeller are not as efficient.

M
M
I dunno about that .. but I am going to a metal impellar as soon as I get it .. you can leave that plastic crap in your engine until it explodes and takes your engine with it.. I'll pay the extra $50 now and not $5000 later...

"not as efficient" confused confused

%90 ppl on this forum have switched to the metal one

98 Contour V6 MTX
KKM/Niehoff Wires/Bosh+4/Mobil 1 Oil/Tranny/Pioneer CD/Speakers
Predator Alarm...more 2 come!

"Dana, if by accident, I dropped an 7mm rachet inside your secondaries your engine would be ok? right?"
"Trust me if I could go back and change, I would be stuck in the past" MartinS
H
OP Offline
H
No doubt Ford went to plastic to reduce car weight and drain on engine, however, catastrophic failure is not the norm in metal water pumps. They either weep or squeak giving ample opportunity to replace.
I was prepared to replace with plastic today to get mobile, if weather permitted. It did not, so I'll try to get metal tomorrow.

4 wheel discs on LX only
H
OP Offline
H
I have ordered new metal Tredex pump via East End Automotive Distributors should arrive in pm tomorrow. Weather was not conducive to outdoor work today so no real loss to wait one more day.
Fenco tan plastic reman pump returned to Crappy Tire.

Edit @2:15pm May 14/02:
Pump arrived at noon today, curious the casting, shaft and pulley are stamped GMB Japan. Cost was $126 Cdn + tax (no casting charge since it's new, not reman). I won't lengthen post by reciting details but the telephone customer service at this "cubby hole of a store front" was amazing. I'll be back.

The reman Fenco pump at Canadian Tire was $95 Cdn BTW. (East End said $65 for Fenco plastic one)

I did by the way MartinS follow up NAPA store in Pickering. They did not have a pump in stock yesterday and did not know if they were plastic or metal. However, the parts guy said they needed one for stock anyway and would order in and I could come in and look at on Tues. I did and it had a white impeller, packaged in their housebrand box, although he said it was reman by Fenco. Cost was $105 Cdn but I said I had already ordered a metal one. He said I could have it for $92, I said thanks anyways. He did indicate he could also order metal one.

Edit: See later post for East End location.

4 wheel discs on LX only
L
L
I recently put a metal water pump in my car and I have not noticed any change in the temp. Good luck with yours.

1998 BLK SVT CONTOUR
SVTOA-TORONTO
Assistant Chapter Director
www.svtoa-toronto.ca
H
OP Offline
H
lauraq;
Yes, I noted your tale on the wp failure thread and was originally hoping you would post your source here, but as you can see I made out OK.
Re temp I don't see why there should be a difference and if there was, thermostat should compensate.

4 wheel discs on LX only
T
T
Part Numbers anyone? I'm looking at replacing mine very soon.

Evan Groenke
1999 Silver Frost SVT #1919
183.9hp 163.7lb/ft tq @ the wheels
Now bitter at Ford
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard