Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#212698 04/02/02 03:20 AM
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghosst:
He didn't have an SVT, it was an SE. From what I've seen on the street it can't even out-handle a worn out LX suspension on winter tyres or over-power a regular Duratec motor.

Don't let hype or seeing an "R" go to your head.
I'm not interested in a sentra. If the SVT goes it's gonna be for something more refined and probably with a turbo. Either a WRX or a S4 is on my mind.

98 Black SVT *SOLD*
Now rollin' in a WRX

99 ZX-7R Ninja
-wanna hang?
#212699 04/02/02 07:28 AM
G
G
S4 - that's the ticket!

#212700 04/02/02 12:53 PM
B
B
Dana: ??????????

Phat SVT:
The Spec V as it's called is a very quick car. I would put it in the same time class as a STOCK! SVT and it will smoke a regular Duratech, I drove a reg Duratech and this thing is quicker. The guys in the states with their car broken in are running 15.1 @ 90mph STOCK!!! When I get a chance, I'll track it and find out for myself. As for handling, it has a nice suspension, but the tires aren't ment for the cold. I find the rubber isn't providing the grip on cold pavement. Let it warm up and we'll see.
Mind you I'm NOT talking $hit on Ford or SVT, I liked my Tour, just wanted something different that had all the goodies my Tour didn't. I would have had to spend a ton of $$$$ to get my old SE as well set up as this thing is, right off the showroom floor.

Flame away people...............

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
Vibrant Blue - fully loaded
#212701 04/02/02 01:08 PM
G
G
Sorry Chris, but I'm tired of hearing about the Spec V being the "God" of cars.

As for a comparison, it's in the same class as a Focus SVT.

Much like my beloved X-type 3.0L MTX, I have yet to read any article on the Spec V that praises it. I wish it weren't true, much as you do, but the facts are there, in printed paper.

I don't see the Spec V lined up against an Altima, an A4, or a 328. I see it in the same photo shoot with a Civic, a Focus, and some other cookie-cutter car with a sport package.

A car doesn't make a person any better. Because my tour is fast doesn't make my penis any bigger. And most certainly, telling people it could beat an SVT won't do it either. What it might do is alienate people and make them think I'm an ass.

I think your car is nice, but it's just not for me. I enjoy my leather seats and those two extra cylinders under the hood. My next car will be a step up, not down. I'm looking at a 330, an A4 3.0 or the X-type 3.0L. It certainly won't be an SVT Focus or something of the sort.

You might well love the Spec V and hey, congrats to you on picking up another enthusiast car. It might be in the same price range (a little lower I think, but at 30K+, who cares about 2 grand?!) but it's just not the same class. There's a Nismo board out there for you - tout it there. Compare it to Foci with mods all you like. But seriously, this is becoming annoying when all I hear is that damned "My dog is better than your dog!" song playing in my head every time I see your name.

#212702 04/03/02 03:52 AM
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghosst:
Sorry Chris, but I'm tired of hearing about the Spec V being the "God" of cars.

As for a comparison, it's in the same class as a Focus SVT.

Much like my beloved X-type 3.0L MTX, I have yet to read any article on the Spec V that praises it. I wish it weren't true, much as you do, but the facts are there, in printed paper.

I don't see the Spec V lined up against an Altima, an A4, or a 328. I see it in the same photo shoot with a Civic, a Focus, and some other cookie-cutter car with a sport package.

A car doesn't make a person any better. Because my tour is fast doesn't make my penis any bigger. And most certainly, telling people it could beat an SVT won't do it either. What it might do is alienate people and make them think I'm an ass.

I think your car is nice, but it's just not for me. I enjoy my leather seats and those two extra cylinders under the hood. My next car will be a step up, not down. I'm looking at a 330, an A4 3.0 or the X-type 3.0L. It certainly won't be an SVT Focus or something of the sort.

You might well love the Spec V and hey, congrats to you on picking up another enthusiast car. It might be in the same price range (a little lower I think, but at 30K+, who cares about 2 grand?!) but it's just not the same class. There's a Nismo board out there for you - tout it there. Compare it to Foci with mods all you like. But seriously, this is becoming annoying when all I hear is that damned "My dog is better than your dog!" song playing in my head every time I see your name.
LOL
Faster car doesn't = a bigger penis? confused

Take it easy on him Ghosst, he is like any other guy that just gets behind the wheel of their brand new car. He thinks nobody can beat him.

Speed is all relative. He thinks a 15 sec 1/4 is fast. In my opinion you havn't seen fast until you get into a sub 12 sec 1/4 mile car.

Whatever floats your boat right?

He must still hold the tour in the highest regard if he is still visiting the site.

98 Black SVT *SOLD*
Now rollin' in a WRX

99 ZX-7R Ninja
-wanna hang?
#212703 04/03/02 04:49 AM
G
G
lol - I am taking it easy! eek

But seriously, this whole attitude has got to stop. I'm not the only person who has expressed these feelings, I'm just the first to say it. I'm tired of listening now. I don't find myself on the Thunderbird boards telling them how much better I like my 'tour than the 'bird now do I?

Chris has lots of knowledge about car care and experience with the Contour he can contribute without bringing up his new car being better (in his opinion only) than his old one. This is a Contour board and it will remain so.

I realize you understand, but I'm sure the questions need to be answered. It's not that I don't like Chris, but this is not the place for Nissan discussions.

#212704 04/03/02 04:59 AM
M
M
Ghosst I understand and agree with what you are saying....but to Chris's defense he didn't open the door. Blizt... did Chris was only offering the answer to the question. just an observation. BTW I'm off to the Boneyard tommorow if it is warm enough. I'll let you know what I find.

hunter green 96 mystique mtx, sabb side markers deep tints
car bra., K & N filter, hyper white low beams, after market fogs, JVC Kameleon head unit, 600 watt amp with 2 10" kicker subs, soon to come new rims

New adition 01/11/2002 The original 95SE in Midnight Red all the toys including traction control
Fog light mod, lightmoonroof switch from a focus, power antena (still wiring it up) post 98 sail panels, new water pump , Bosch quad plaitnum plugs, and a new Cat.
#212705 04/03/02 12:24 PM
G
G
Don't forget the V6 speedo if you can find it along with that other piece!

#212706 04/03/02 12:51 PM
B
B
Phat SVT:
"Speed is all relative. He thinks a 15 sec 1/4 is fast. In my opinion you havn't seen fast until you get into a sub 12 sec 1/4 mile car.

Whatever floats your boat right?

He must still hold the tour in the highest regard if he is still visiting the site"

Reply:
Well, for a stock 4 banger I think it's quick. I know 12 sec is fast. I've been in a 10 sec car on the street before. Scared the crap out of me LOL. Still want one though. laugh
Yes, I still hold the Contour in high regards. I used to own one after all!

Ghosst:
"Chris has lots of knowledge about car care and experience with the Contour he can contribute without bringing up his new car being better (in his opinion only) than his old one. This is a Contour board and it will remain so."

Reply:
You are right. I believe that I am just excited about the new car. I will try and keep my posts more relevant to the boards in the future.

That's all for now.
Chris

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
Vibrant Blue - fully loaded
#212707 04/03/02 02:14 PM
G
G

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard