Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Anyone get a letter on this ???
I'm beginning to hear somethings, but not car specific.

Pete...

98.5 SE Sport Duratec ATX (P66L)
Black Clearcoat on Greystone
DOB 11/21/1997
DOP 12/25/1997
PIAA 510 Super White Driving Lights
SVT CAT-BACK EXHAUST (No Resonator)
DiabloSport Chip (LPQ4) - Engineered To Raise Hell
Too many other mods to list...
Sounds sweet, runs quick...
Crazy Horse Dyno @ 121.4 WHP/129.6 TQ
S
S
Well at least it's just nothing or very little for the victims. I recall reading about one case where the didn't recover enough money to cover the lawyer's fees so the victims had to pay the lawyers! Talk about being robbed twice!

'95 Ford Contour LX
2.5L V6 ATX
A
A
Out of the lawyer's office and into the proctologist's... yeah, I've seen that, too.

The suit might be fallout from the TFI module balls-up. I'm sure you've heard some of the crap they spouted: fatal accidents caused because the TFI-equipped Fords had stalled out in the middle of the highway and then being smashed into. Well, apparently I'm a little slower on the uptake than these legal sharks, because it sounds to me that the modules didn't cause those deaths, the oblivious idiots plowing into the stalled-out cars did! (I figure it's those same idiots, and/or their families, that sued Ford to mask their incompetence.) Many of these suits are frivolous piles of BS.

Black/tan early '98 Contour SE Sport; V6, MTX, loaded
Kenwood KDC 316S CD deck; aux. dome light mod; trunk popper spring; resonator bypass; hood strut mod; SVT grille; Continental tires
Mom also has black/tan '98 Mystique LS; V6, ATX, Alpine CD deck
B
B
I'm involved in one regarding ignition modules in Tempos. It's been going on for about a year now. I just heard that some preliminary decision is supposed to be released in Sept. I think it's just another waist of time, but what the hell!

98.5 SE Sport badgeless, MTX, KKM, SVT exhaust with resonator intact.
1985 Z51 Vette with many mods. Only used when the Tour appears to be outclassed.

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard