Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#27159 07/28/02 06:00 AM
R
OP Offline
R
I have read a post that names a friend of mine in a few places. Now normally this would not bother me because screennames are used and those cannot really be defaming or libelous.

In a certain post - Particularly this one:

http://www.contour.org/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=014773

This is not the case.

Now, the point of interest in this topic was the naming of this individual by his full name, and then thereafter publically attacking his character. This person who was publically attacked by an officer of your website happens to be a friend of mine, and his screen name is Cardoctor. Most of his close friends know him as "Dom". Now since neither you (Lance) nor your company officer (Rara) know this individual personally and have attempted to publically defame him by using his public (real) name you are subject to libelous actions in doing so.

Lance being responsible due to this being his entity and also for the actions of his appointed officer (Rara). Rara is responsible due to him being the named attacker. I am normally amazed at the fact that some people have the notion to talk about someone they don't know - And Lance you did not do so in a way that involves you directly - But this is your site and you can be held responsible. Using someones full name on a website in a manner that defames or is slanderous can be argued as admissible as evidence in a court of law. Please check with your attorney on this matter, as you have no Terms of Service (T.O.S) agreement nor any type of binding Acceptable Use Policy that protects you (Lance) from causing a situation like this.

I have contacted Cardoctor in this matter, and he wishes to have his name removed and also an agreement that the nonsense will stop. His comments on his site are neither damaging to CEG, nor were they posted here with his knowledge or by his hand. Therefore he made no claim to publically defame or delude readers from CEG or it's property. That was his opinion on a topic that was about your site. Perfectly in spirit with the post arguement. He did not start a new post about how he feels about CEG in a manner that would try to affect this website.

Now, I have made a full text transcript of the thread listed - So just changing it or deleting it will not change the fact of what was done. I wish this to be very clear where we stand, if such items are not removed and some type of apology made I will pursue this further. I have also emailed a copy of this to both parties for their review - I am keeping this on a personal level right now due to it being for a friend; But I have no reserve in going further if this claim is not answered.

Off the record:

Rara, you are a cowering idiot. I would like to know when you ever met Cardoctor and what discussions you've ever had. The mere fact that you disagree with his technical information does not make you correct nor him wrong. If you are looking for a manhood measuring match; You are really short on the scale. It takes brains to be an engineer but obviously they hire anyone at FMC. I do however wish to meet you someday so you can tell me all about how he did you wrong and made you and your friends attitudes against him. I was however notified that a server that contained your info, and three other CEG'ers was shut down due to containing copyrighted info from Cardoctor's website and also pictures and AOL conversations that explicitly name him and slander him more. I will not name the three other parties although I can say that the one is an admin of this site... I would hate to have to pull that out also as I have copies of emails that were recieved from the hosting company verifying the closing of the account due to the materials being present. Please in the future - Pick on someone that doesn't have big friends.

Lance, Rara is an appointed officer of your website. If he cannot be held to some type of standard and can go around publically defaming people personally I would expect him to really be poor at being a moderator.In my opinion isn't moderating supposed to be taking the center of the discussion and being mutually agreeable? How can a slanderous, hateful person do this? I'd like to know - And I feel that having him on as a moderator of your site is a defecit to the forums, clearly not an asset. This is my personal opinion and is clearly stated.

Both persons have been emailed a copy of this for their personal records. And this was posted to show that this site is not perfect and when it comes down to it there are some deep seeded problems that need rectified. Showing everyone else is the first step to making amends.

John

1999 Contour SVT
#27160 07/28/02 06:06 AM
T
T
that was great until the "off the record" section :rolleyes:

Todd Christ SVT Contour Registry
MODS: KKM Intake, SHO Shop Y-Pipe, Bullit Fuel Door, Edelbrock RPM Resonator
'98 E0 SVT Contour #1037 of 6535
#27161 07/28/02 06:07 AM
K
K
Excuse me, whatever you're trying to accomplish is questionable, and posting for all to read on CEG is also questionable.

I'm sure you're gonna get some comments soon.

I wasn't even sure whether I should reply to give your posting any credibility, which it certainly doesn't deserve. Talk about Contours here. Please.

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760
91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus
Victoria, BC, Canada
#27162 07/28/02 06:09 AM
S
S
No kidding man. Send an email or something. We don't want to hear this stuff.

'98 SVT Contour #639
'79 Monte Carlo
#27163 07/28/02 06:14 AM
M
M
Yeah, I know, I bashed this sight before (not really the sight, but the owner) but all in all, this site is 10X more helpful than FCO. The people here are more helpful, and theres more people to help. I think Cardoc is just mad (or jealous) because people CARE about this place enough to save it. There's not many internet based car clubs where the people in it would VOLUNTARILY give money to keep it going. I think it's very good, and Lance should be proud. Who cares what Cardoc thinks? Be proud, Lance. Be proud.

YOUNGEST CEG MEMBER smile
1995 Mystique LS V6 ATX, Moonlight Blue Clearcoat Metallic, Atlantis blue cloth. Fully loaded except leather, sunroof, and CD.

1990 Pontiac 6000 S/E AWD
Brilliant White with 2-tone Gray leather, fully loaded
#27164 07/28/02 06:20 AM
J
J
I didn't even bother to read all of the BS he wrote. Can we vote this guy off CEG or something? This is just flat out ridiculous.

'99 SVT Contour
1298 of 2760
#27165 07/28/02 06:20 AM
K
K
:rolleyes:

No kidding.

No sense in dredging up crap like that. CEG has already proven itself, and where the loyalty is. I've read some stuff on FCO that I don't like, so I'm not going there again.

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760
91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus
Victoria, BC, Canada
#27166 07/28/02 06:22 AM
M
M
...double agent eh? heh heh heh :p

YOUNGEST CEG MEMBER smile
1995 Mystique LS V6 ATX, Moonlight Blue Clearcoat Metallic, Atlantis blue cloth. Fully loaded except leather, sunroof, and CD.

1990 Pontiac 6000 S/E AWD
Brilliant White with 2-tone Gray leather, fully loaded
#27167 07/28/02 06:26 AM
Geez. I don't think you can post without mentioning Cardoc or FC.org. Just go away and deal with what you need to through emails. :rolleyes:

99 SVT Contour
02 Protege5
#27168 07/28/02 06:34 AM
you didn't have to post this frown

stop fighting frown please?

* Kathryn *

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds"
-Bob Marley
[95 tour LX]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard