Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
R
Point is mikey, you are making a stink out of it here when you know for sure there are people here that will support you.

That in itself is lame - Take my advice? I'd rather not thank you - I'm neutral on both sides and I'd rather stay that way. Take my advice and delete the initial post if you have any type of dignity.

John

1999 Contour SVT
M
OP Offline
M
hahahahaaaaaaaa. i have been banned from the site. cardoc calls me names then bans me from the site? oh well. frown

M
OP Offline
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Ratchie1:
Point is mikey, you are making a stink out of it here when you know for sure there are people here that will support you.

That in itself is lame - Take my advice? I'd rather not thank you - I'm neutral on both sides and I'd rather stay that way. Take my advice and delete the initial post if you have any type of dignity.

John
john i wanted him to answer me over there, but he locked the thread. maybe he will answer me here. why would anyone say the things he did? it is not right. i cant get back on the site so i guess this thread will have to stay. peace.

L
Administrator
Administrator
L
Quote:
Originally posted by mikey boy:
this was posted by cardoc on fordcontour.org. i am not trying to start anything i am just shocked by the comments and would like to know why he thinks that this is ok. i tried to ask him but the thread was locked so i am asking it over here. it reads as follows:

Ok - I'm going to put my .02 in !

First off, I believe that CEG was never in trouble in the first place - I just believe that was a ploy to raise money to support the site. I think it's a sham that Perry wrote a post in Lance's name (at least that's exactly what it looked like and I'm sure with further discovery it would prove to be real).

Please, no more posts about CEG, it's coming up or going down - Really it's all so old, been going on for how long now? Is it going to die or what - Frankly I hope it does so we can all move on!

Yep - I spoke, and if you don't like what I said... run back to the rollercoaster of turmoil you call your "life"

Doc

please dont turn this into a name calling match. thank you. peace.
O M G !!!

Dom, I have been more than nice to you from the beginning, never made any bad comments about you or your site. Your comments are insulting and totally off base.

I originally wrote that post, and ASKED perry to update it with the appropriate info, because he *can* -- he's an admin!

And yes, I had every intention of letting the site go. Lovely character slant -- I've always been 100% upfront with everyone. It was no ploy, the site was losing its hosting and there did not appear to be any easy solution to our bandwidth needs. I was quite skeptical that we could raise the kind of money we needed to pay for a year's worth of bandwidth up front. The fact that we did it in two days, SHOCKED me. It took two months to raise the $1500 we needed for the server last year. I had been dishearten by the direction that the forums had taken, but the fact that everyone banded together in such a positive way and encouraged me to press on with it changed my mind.

I'm excited as ever about the future of the site, and am planning even better things for it.

Dom, I am disappointed that you didn't have the balls to keep your message posted. If you can't take the heat or don't mean what you say, don't spout off to begin with. And to erase someone else's message because the truth hurts... I guess you're just bitter that CEG didn't die. You are a site dictator -- you can post whatever you want to, but it doesn't seem to apply to anyone else. Don't get mad at Mikeyboy -- don't post if you don't want the word to get around.

Run back to your delusional fantasy world...

-Lance

Lance Kinley
CEG Webmaster
95SE, "Official CEG Beater"
Quaife, SVT parts, ST200 wheels, SS Y-pipe
I perceive you to be a stand-up, rational individual...
S
S
UH Hunh!!!

P
Master P
Master P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
I originally wrote that post, and ASKED perry to update it with the appropriate info, because he *can* -- he's an admin!

S
S
Woo Hoo!

Lance = TEH 0WNAG3!

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
A
A
Thanks to everyone who has made this such a great site. Thanks for the proof but im sure most of us already believed you without any smile . So much has happened in the last 2 days its amazing. Im honored to be part of such a great group of people.

Thanks
Joel Falkenberg

Joel Falkenberg
P
P
Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

I also want to add this: No wonder he didn't come to SZ, even though he SWORE he was coming. Maybe because he didn't want to be face to face with the people he bashes or flames? i.e Internet Tough Guy. Which was fine with me. I don't think I could stand to be in the same room as him, and that was before he wrote that.

1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour born on...8/28/01[/i]
American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002
R
Administrator
Administrator
R
Quote:
Originally posted by Pollo_loco69:
Can you blame the guy? He is trying to drive traffic to his site. Fordcontour.org is a great site as well. I visit both. I bet half of the people that post in this thread don't even remember when Dom was on CEG. :rolleyes: The Contour.org V.S. Fordcontour.org is done. Just let it die.
I sure remember when he was here . . .

and I don't think it was ever a contour.org vs. fordcontour.org thing, IMHO it was always a Cardoc(Dom) vs. Key people at contour.org it was never a site vs. site thing, in fact, fordcontour.org was started because Dom didn't like some key people at CEG.
Many of the people at FC.org are great people, in fact, I would say most. But the management has delusions of granduer, and there are some that defend him viciously in the cases where he is wrong, simply out of loyalty (loyalty can be good and bad . . .) or not knowing enough to see the truth themselves. (or because they might in fact be Cardoc trying to look like he has more support)
Dom has on repeated occasions turned technical discussions into flaming, name-calling whatever, simply because he could not answer technical questions to defend his (usually undefendable) position, or simply referred to " well I did it and my car didn't blow up, so it must be a good idea" and on only one occasion do I recall the name calling started by someone else (Mr. Bassen gave Cardoc some spice w/ his tech . . .)

I will say this, up to this point, I had quite a bit of respect for [edit] as a person, despite finding his technical "expertise" laughable on anything not found in a service manual already.
BUT, this accusatory statement toward Lance and Perry of impropriety is absolutely disgusting and I find it highly offensive. This utterly destroys any respect I had for Dom as a person, and as an objective administrator of the site he created (though I had little after he banned me from his site for disagreeing w/ his "tech" and proving him wrong, despite never violating his forum guidelines by even an inch). He leaches off the very existence of the CEG, and would be overjoyed to see the CEG go, because it would benefit him because of the people desperate for contour talk. So it is naturally in his best interest to spread rumors and lies about the CEG. Its a shame some will believe them frown

It's all about balance.

bcphillips@peoplepc.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard